• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My Favorite TUG page

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

bigrick

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't sent in an email but I will say here that I appreciate TUG and all the knowledge and friends I have gathered here. Good work and great fun! :clap:

taffy19

Reaction score
Very nice and so true! I love the TUG forum and the TUGgers too we have met so far. :D

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Brian, I didn't even know we had a page like this. That's very cool. This must be a great place to go when you get a negative email to remind yourself what a great service TUG is providing to so many people. Keep up the great work.:)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
have recently updated a few pages on TUG (mostly SEO landing pages for now) to implement more modern browser technology and make these pages more "mobile" and "Tablet" friendly!

this is one of the pages that was updated today, please let me know if this page looks ok in your regular browser, as well as on your phones and tablets!

I still love reading (and adding comments to) this page! its amazing just how many owners TUG has touched in a positive way over the last 23 years!

http://www.tug2.net/comments.html

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great page that I wasn't even aware of. Thanks for pointing it out. On my Kindle Fire, (Silk browser) it looks and functions fine in portrait mode, but in landscape- the way I most often use it, the header -and above it the URL/search window that's always there, take up fully half the screen. This squeezes the actual content one can scroll through to just a few lines on the bottom half of the screen. Might be just me and my ignorance to not be able to go 'full screen'.

Jim

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Brian, I like the page. I didn't know it existed, but I'm sure it's helpful.

One comment though, (from the I.T. analyst and part-time grammar police)... There is a typo in the first bit of text people will see:

"... consumer advocacy organization providing and unbiased source of information..."

Should be "an," not "and." Not a big thing, certainly, but you know what they say about "first impressions." :)

Dave

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Brian, I like the page. I didn't know it existed, but I'm sure it's helpful.

One comment though, (from the I.T. analyst and part-time grammar police)... There is a typo in the first bit of text people will see:

"... consumer advocacy organization providing and unbiased source of information..."

Should be "an," not "and." Not a big thing, certainly, but you know what they say about "first impressions." :)

Dave

fixed, thank you!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks BR! These are some outstanding testimonies from true timeshare owners.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Great page that I wasn't even aware of. Thanks for pointing it out. On my Kindle Fire, (Silk browser) it looks and functions fine in portrait mode, but in landscape- the way I most often use it, the header -and above it the URL/search window that's always there, take up fully half the screen. This squeezes the actual content one can scroll through to just a few lines on the bottom half of the screen. Might be just me and my ignorance to not be able to go 'full screen'.

Jim

the behavior of the top menu line (from where it shrinks down from a large menu, to a much smaller one) is based on the detected screen width of the device you are using.

by chance are you using like a really big tablet? 10/11inches or so?

GeneMurray

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks very good on my Windows 10 desktop in several different browsers. Also looks good on my 7" Android 5.0 tablet. Looks good on Windows 10 mobile on my phone, except that long URL links extend to the right over the RH border (possibly because I have bumped up my text size). These comments apply to both portrait and landscape views.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
thanks gene, which url links do you refer to?

do you mean the ones that link to stories about TUG there at the top?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
by chance are you using like a really big tablet? 10/11inches or so?

It's a Kindle Fire HD 8, and actual screen size (the part that shows the image) is: 6 11/16ths X 4 3/16ths.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks gene, which url links do you refer to?

do you mean the ones that link to stories about TUG there at the top?

Brian I am not Gene. But the best url link for me to use is Windows 10. It looks great.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sorry about that, I was asking him which URLS seemed to gork up his screen.

Larry M

TUG Member
Reaction score
Typos

have recently updated a few pages on TUG (mostly SEO landing pages for now) to implement more modern browser technology and make these pages more "mobile" and "Tablet" friendly!

this is one of the pages that was updated today, please let me know if this page looks ok in your regular browser, as well as on your phones and tablets!

I still love reading (and adding comments to) this page! its amazing just how many owners TUG has touched in a positive way over the last 23 years!

http://www.tug2.net/comments.html

Near the top, "received" is misspelled as "recieved"

In many places some character renders as Â-- that is, as capital A with a hat (caret) over it.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Near the top, "received" is misspelled as "recieved"

In many places some character renders as Â-- that is, as capital A with a hat (caret) over it.

fixed, thank you!