• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Morritt's

akbmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just back from Morritt's

We were lucky enough to exchange into a beachfront, ground floor/second floor townhouse in the Wealdstone building through SFX. :D

They have the area fenced off where the Londoner will be. If you are at Mimi's facing the resort, it is to the left of David's restaurant, right on the beach. It will be the closest building Morritt's has to the ocean - won't be much beach left there (They only had one set of lounge chairs there - all that would fit and still leave walking room on the beach in front of the fence).

Don't know when the ground-breaking was, but all they've done is fence things in. There is absolutely no construction equipment or trailer on site (as of when we left June 16th). There were signs all around the resort, and a flier placed in our door encouraging us to ask about pricing, and also inquire about their repossesed units (sure to give me at least 3 weeks vacation-a real deal). We declined to go or inquire....

In other news, the Dunkin' Donuts has left the Morritt's Marketplace and been replaced by another shop that sells coffee, smoothies, donuts and breakfast sandwiches. We tried al couple of pasteries/sandwiches and it was good and as reasonably priced as anything in the Cayman Islands.

Also, for all of you who love to snorkel out front, a Lionfish was spotted while we were there (I got to see it). Someone from Red Sail was going to go and relocate it, but, as they are showing up all around the island, it seems they are fighting a losing battle. :(

Noni

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which building is called "Wealdstone"? Is that one of the Grand units? We own in the Wemberly, which is a Tortuga Seaside unit. I'm not familar with the Wealdstone.

Thanks!

akbmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is the original wood building, toward the Reef resort from the seaside building. I may have spelled it wrong :(

ralphd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed! How are you doing old friend??

:wave: We are doing great! Things are going okay in the central part of
the state, how about the west coast area?

Bailed out of Morritt's and only have a week in Mexico
now.

RMitchell

Reaction score
The proposed, and I have yet to see the proposed not be the real thing, 2013 maintenance fee at Morritt's.
Studio 700
One bedroom 840
Two bedroom 1082
You do get a cash discount if you have cash to pay in the 21st century

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
Basically, if you pay by cash, check or money order, the maitenance fees for the Tortuga Club did not raise. They are the same as last year. The increase is only if you pay by credit/debit card.

Don't know about the Grand's MFs.

lneal

Reaction score
sorry to jump in...

Agreed! How are you doing old friend??

:wave: We are doing great! Things are going okay in the central part of
the state, how about the west coast area?

Bailed out of Morritt's and only have a week in Mexico
now.

How did you bail out of Morritt's? I am trying to give away our units and am having trouble!