• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Montserrat ?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at a timeshare in Cambrils, and took a tour there with a local company. This area is a cheap junket destination for Russians, so there were lots of them. As it happened, (and does in Europe) there was a strike that day so we were not able to ride the cable car up to the monastery, but our bus took us up, so no harm. The monastery itself is quite large and there are paths all over the nearby mountain- to caves and such. When you enter, there are two entrances- one into the sanctuary where there were choirs and things going on and another entry that snakes you (and about a zillion pilgrims) up well worn stairs and around the upper levels behind the alter where this Black Madonna for which the place was built resides and each person gets a few seconds' 'audience' with. The two entrances are discrete, so if you get in the Madonna line, you're stuck to go all the way through the line, and for us anyway, it was over an hour. Would I do it again, probably, but I'd avoid the 'Madonna' line.

Jim

andrea t

TUG Member
Reaction score
We took a tour, I can't remember the providers name, from Barcelona. It got us up there and then all our time was free to see what we wanted It was a lovely trip and the line moved quickly to see the Black Madonna.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just did it last week, used Barcelona Day Tours who picked us up from the port - we did a Transatlantic cruise. Choir at 12:50pm. Not to be missed. Everything that Paasepartout said...

We just finished 4 days on land in Florence and got to Rome today...will be here for 5 days before heading back. Loving the whole experience. Doing the same Tansatlantic cruise next year plus 10 nights cruise to Greek isles...

JustynaC

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Newport Coast, Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club, Villa Del Palmar Cancun, El Cid Marina & Yacht Club, Four Seasons Aviara
We just did it last week, used Barcelona Day Tours who picked us up from the port - we did a Transatlantic cruise. Choir at 12:50pm. Not to be missed. Everything that Paasepartout said...

We just finished 4 days on land in Florence and got to Rome today...will be here for 5 days before heading back. Loving the whole experience. Doing the same Tansatlantic cruise next year plus 10 nights cruise to Greek isles...
Which cruise line are you using? Thank you.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know you didn't address me directly, but lots of cruise lines either depart from or stop for a day in Barcelona either direction on transatlantic cruises. They move their ships to/from Mediterranean/Caribbean- Eastbound in the Spring, Westbound in the Fall. Our favorite is Celebrity.

JustynaC

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Newport Coast, Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club, Villa Del Palmar Cancun, El Cid Marina & Yacht Club, Four Seasons Aviara
I know you didn't address me directly, but lots of cruise lines either depart from or stop for a day in Barcelona either direction on transatlantic cruises. They move their ships to/from Mediterranean/Caribbean- Eastbound in the Spring, Westbound in the Fall. Our favorite is Celebrity.
Thank you! I didn't know how to contact you directly.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I didn't know how to contact you directly.
To contact another TUG poster, just click on their blue username. A box will open and you can select 'Start a Conversation'. Private messages are now called 'Conversations'.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just did on Celebrity Cruises (Reflection is the ship). We are doing the same next year April 13 to 27. Then Back to Back on the same ship April 27 to May 7 covering Italy and Greek Isles. The transatlantic leaves from Florida, arriving at several ports in Spain and finally Italy. This year's (16 nights) included Nice and Livorno, and next year is shorter (14 nights) but will include Corsica.

JustynaC

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To contact another TUG poster, just click on their blue username. A box will open and you can select 'Start a Conversation'. Private messages are now called 'Conversations'.
TY!