• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MOD code not working much?

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used MOD in the past with great success but the last 3 or 4 trips received a message it wasn't available. Looking for an Orlando TS for early/mid March this year. Has anyone found success using MOD recently? Thanks.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
MOD was discontinued a while back....here are the new codes which can be found in the Points Sticky.

Discounts for cash stays at the MVCI resorts (and very infrequently, at certain of the Marriott hotels/resorts) are capacity-controlled and based on ownership status:
•Presidential and Chairman's Club Members - 35% off (code "2VC")
•Executive Members - 30% off (code "6VC")
•Owners and Select Members - 25% off (code "7VC")

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info..I had no idea they changed codes. So all three codes worked for my days does that mean I can use any of them? I am a TS owner and Gold Rewards member. Thanks again!

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Are you enrolled in the points program? If so, use the Ownership Status that applies to you. If you are not, I believe you should be using the 7VC for Regular Owners.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
MOD was discontinued a while back....here are the new codes which can be found in the Points Sticky.

Discounts for cash stays at the MVCI resorts (and very infrequently, at certain of the Marriott hotels/resorts) are capacity-controlled and based on ownership status:
•Presidential and Chairman's Club Members - 35% off (code "2VC")
•Executive Members - 30% off (code "6VC")
•Owners and Select Members - 25% off (code "7VC")

Although the MOD code still works in very rare cases, it was discontinued so long ago that the replacement codes Y85, Y83, P34, P33 for Premier and Premier Plus ownership status were themselves discontinued and replaced by the current codes 2VC, 6VC, 7VC you reference.
Doesn't time fly?

Last edited:

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you enrolled in the points program? If so, use the Ownership Status that applies to you. If you are not, I believe you should be using the 7VC for Regular Owners.
I am not enrolled in points program. I will use the 7VC code then. Thanks.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The 10% add on for using the Marriott Visa card also no longer applies.

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for posting this thread. I had no idea about the change in codes. We are going to Hawaii for 10 days in Feb using destination club points. We have a gap day that we are paying for out of pocket, not quite enough points. Anyway I just went to the website and entered the new code and voila...$130 less!!!