*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Mo Rivera

Discussion in 'TUG Lounge' started by SueDonJ, May 4, 2012.

1. SueDonJ

SueDonJ Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
    Wow, what sad news out of Yankee Stadium about Mo's injury. He's been a RedSox nemesis for way too long, sure, but he's one of those players whose exceptional talents transcend the rivalry. I don't think any Yankee will ever get as loud an ovation in Fenway Park as he did on Opening Day, 2005. Of course we Sox fanatics were happy that his blown saves were what forced the monster collapse by the Dreaded Yankees during our 2004 playoff run, but we also recognize that he pretty much stands alone as The Best Closer Ever. A lot of folks thought that ovation was simply bad sportsmanship, more taunting than adoration, but no. Real fans know that he deserved those accolades.

I hope he gets to come back for at least one game at Yankee Stadium after the long rehab so that his fans can pay respect and say goodbye under much better circumstances. If he manages that, then I hope too that he'll have at least one more appearance at Fenway and all the other AL East parks. Sad, sad, sad.

2. SpikeMauler

SpikeMauler TUG Member

Rivera says he's coming back next year. It's gonna be a tough rehab for a 42 year old but I think he'll make it back.

3. Nickfromct

Nickfromct TUG Member

He certainly doesn't want to close out an incredible career like this.

4. fillde

fillde TUG Member

Very classy of a sawx fan to start a thread on Mariano. Agreed he is the best ever. He did it with class. No showmanship. Quietly and effectively.

5. dundey

dundey Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

If you've ever heard Mo speak, there is no way you cannot like the man. Does not matter who you root for, he transcends the sport.

He will be back in 2013.

6. susieq

susieq TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI

Couldn't have said it better. Even tho any and all members of Red Sox Nation would cringe when he walked out onto the field, no one can dispute his talent. May his recovery go swiftly and smoothly - but may we never have to face him!! (double edged sword! :shrug:)

7. theo

theo TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Yessa!

I'm no fan of the Yankees, but no reasonable person could possibly dislike Mariano Rivera. He's a great competitor and a thoroughly classy guy. Even when Red Sox fans have given him a "mock ovation", he still smiles broadly and remains the picture of composure. A class act, to be sure.

I hope Rivera heals and rehabs well, comes back healthy and has a stellar final year in 2013. I even hope that his final pitching appearance in Fenway Park is one in which he slams the door shut on a Boston rally. I'd actually like to see him walk off the Fenway mound a winner and tip his cap with that broad smile as his final "farewell".

Last edited: May 5, 2012