• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MM1 Maui Ocean Club Napili Villas

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
We checked into the Napili Villas in a 2br which was an eplus exchange from a 1br MMO and couldn't be more pleased. The II unit code is ZZTQ Ocean Front was honored and here is the view we have from the 5th floor:
cce68290de34d55be9ed30dad829a644.jpg

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
They were adding some new palapa shade umbrellas today by the main pool
b67bc90c58372b2d01a8ed5e473db7a6.jpg

taffy19

Reaction score
Very nice and it looks like a beautiful day too. :cool:

Enjoy your stay!

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
We checked into the Napili Villas in a 2br which was an eplus exchange from a 1br MMO and couldn't be more pleased. The II unit code is ZZTQ Ocean Front was honored and here is the view we have from the 5th floor.

You were really fortunate, as the 5th and 7th floors are the only 2 floors in Napili with floor to ceiling windows and a lanai that you can see through when looking down (i.e., the part beneath the top of the railing is not solid concrete). We own ocean front and I always request either the 5th or 7th floors for this reason. Enjoy your stay.

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I'm hoping for an eplus exchange into a 2 bedroom. Blow some pixie dust in my direction :p

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
You were really fortunate, as the 5th and 7th floors are the only 2 floors in Napili with floor to ceiling windows and a lanai that you can see through when looking down (i.e., the part beneath the top of the railing is not solid concrete). We own ocean front and I always request either the 5th or 7th floors for this reason. Enjoy your stay.
Great weather the past 2 weeks. Here is the view from the lanai:
93120691714395d7e41433655be33a11.jpg

459c160c10149d1238b2e79d6fa82846.jpg

kmij

TUG Member
Reaction score
WOW those views are to die for. Hope to get there with points in the winter of 2017. Thank you for sharing those fabulous photos. Enjoy your time there!
Jean

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed in that unit on the 5th floor....I recognize the beautiful view. The floor to ceiling windows are great!

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I believe the OP's unit is in the stack with room numbers ending in 01, which is the end of the building nearest to the old section. Although it is a great view, it is actually the worst ocean front view in Napili as it is at an angle to the ocean. By Maui Ocean Club standards, it should really be ocean view, even though I agree that the view is gorgeous. When we give our room preferences as an ocean front owner, we always ask not be placed in that stack.

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe the OP's unit is in the stack with room numbers ending in 01, which is the end of the building nearest to the old section. Although it is a great view, it is actually the worst ocean front view in Napili as it is at an angle to the ocean. By Maui Ocean Club standards, it should really be ocean view, even though I agree that the view is gorgeous. When we give our room preferences as an ocean front owner, we always ask not be placed in that stack.

Yes, it is in the 01 stack & does angle to the ocean. I agree it's not the best ocean front view in the Napili tower, but I was pleased with the view. It was an II exchange & I was very happy with the views of the ocean & mountains behind the tower.

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
6690485b61e4b7260371bcfe6e4cc04d.jpg

Ocean view or ocean front. We are very pleased with this unit. I will take the "worst" ocean front unit in the Napili villas any day.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I'm so pleased that you are enjoying your time at MOC -- it's a great property and I'm excited to be there later this month.

I've seen BocaBoy comment before on the floor 5/7 windows and lanai railings in Napili (and floors 5/7/9 in Lahaina) but I've never been in one of those units. Can you post a picture to try and capture the additional visibility you get from the railing? Thanks very much!

Best,

Greg

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you post a picture to try and capture the additional visibility you get from the railing? Thanks very much!

Best,

Greg

Good Morning Greg, here is the view while sitting on the lanai:
84838af63d3af02102012eb4456ead8b.jpg

I will post a better picture later in the afternoon with better sun light.

Last edited:

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
f55e366a5ec970237756a5f484657adb.jpg

View while sitting down on lanai.

ae32411d8522a7a370c278d70f282a9e.jpg

View while standing on lanai.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Yes, it is in the 01 stack & does angle to the ocean. I agree it's not the best ocean front view in the Napili tower, but I was pleased with the view. It was an II exchange & I was very happy with the views of the ocean & mountains behind the tower.
Oh I agree. The point of my comment was only that a gorgeous view like this is not even one of the better ocean front views in Napili. MOC is one resort where ocean front and ocean view actually mean what they say. No dumpster or parking lot views with more desirable labels because the ocean you can't see is not too far away.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Thank you both, those are impressive pictures with the open railing. MOC is a great property and those units would be even more special. Thanks again for posting them!

Best,

Greg

taffy19

Reaction score
6690485b61e4b7260371bcfe6e4cc04d.jpg

Ocean view or ocean front. We are very pleased with this unit. I will take the "worst" ocean front unit in the Napili villas any day.
Hello CFR,

I am happy for you that you are enjoying your view but not the noise of the jet skis in front of the resort. We all should object but that means that we have to start writing letters to the county and most owners will not bother.

The County should, at least, rotate the noise from one resort to the other and not every year in front of the same resort.

May I ask you a question? I see your notebook on a little table in front of the window. Does that come with your condo as we do not have this in the Lahaina tower in the 2 BR condos last year. It would be nice to have a small portable desk to put the notebook on. Just curious.

TIA for your reply but there is no hurry. :)

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
May I ask you a question? I see your notebook on a little table in front of the window. Does that come with your condo as we do not have this in the Lahaina tower in the 2 BR condos last year. It would be nice to have a small portable desk to put the notebook on. Just curious.

TIA for your reply but there is no hurry. :)

Hello iconnections, that little desk is from the lock off room. When we stayed in the lahaina tower last year the same desk/table was also in the lock off side.

taffy19

Reaction score
Thank you. We will do the same next year. Never thought of that before. :D

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Exercising E+

How far in front of your arrival date did you exercise your E-Plus? (Curious as to when we should be looking.)

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
How far in front of your arrival date did you exercise your E-Plus? (Curious as to when we should be looking.)
Thanks to a sighting by oceanvps I was able to get a 2br upgrade into MM1 from a 1br MMO 11 days before check in. Exact same check in dates. Very lucky.