• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Miami South Beach Advice Needed

custcarcen

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Seniors wondering where to park and tour boardwalk, etc on a Wednesday evening or mid day on a Thursday in early February. Thanks for your help!

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
SoBe is a large area... I'm not sure what you mean by "boardwalk."
Close to Lummus Park (next to the sand) and points South...

Municipal Parking -
Parking Garage · 121, 199 13th St (my favorite)
Associated Parking Systems - Parking Lot · 1155 Collins Ave
Public Parking - Parking Lot · 1262 Collins Ave
Pelican Parking Garage - Parking Garage · 1041 Collins Ave
Miami Beach Parking Garage - Parking Garage · 210 7th St
LAZ Parking - Parking Garage · 500 Collins Ave
Central Parking - 555 Washington Ave

The City of Miami Beach has a full list of public places here...
http://web.miamibeachfl.gov/parking/scroll.aspx?id=30958

custcarcen

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
SoBe is a large area... I'm not sure what you mean by "boardwalk."
Close to Lummus Park (next to the sand) and points South...

Municipal Parking -
Parking Garage · 121, 199 13th St (my favorite)
Associated Parking Systems - Parking Lot · 1155 Collins Ave
Public Parking - Parking Lot · 1262 Collins Ave
Pelican Parking Garage - Parking Garage · 1041 Collins Ave
Miami Beach Parking Garage - Parking Garage · 210 7th St
LAZ Parking - Parking Garage · 500 Collins Ave
Central Parking - 555 Washington Ave

The City of Miami Beach has a full list of public places here...
http://web.miamibeachfl.gov/parking/scroll.aspx?id=30958
Thanks. I'm not sure what I mean either. Just saw references in other posts. I did see the city list during a search but not having been there before, I'm not sure whether those lots are adjacent to office buildings or tourist areas with shops and restaurants. We're looking for the latter.

Mike

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
See: http://www.miamibeachboardwalk.com/
The Miami Beach Boardwalk is a must-see when visiting the Miami, Florida area. The boardwalk is sometimes referred to as the South Beach Boardwalk, since much of it spans through the hottest destinations on South Beach. It is a beautiful and scenic pathway that stretches from the southern point of South Beach northward for approximately 40 blocks. There are plenty of places to stop and rest or to get a drink and a bite to eat.

The lots and garages I listed will be 1-2 blocks from the "boardwalk" which is mostly a paved walkway.

The Versace Mansion ("Casa Casuarina"), now a boutique hotel, is near the middle at 1116 Ocean Drive, if that helps.

360px-Gianni_versace_miami_home.JPG

custcarcen

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
See: http://www.miamibeachboardwalk.com/
The Miami Beach Boardwalk is a must-see when visiting the Miami, Florida area. The boardwalk is sometimes referred to as the South Beach Boardwalk, since much of it spans through the hottest destinations on South Beach. It is a beautiful and scenic pathway that stretches from the southern point of South Beach northward for approximately 40 blocks. There are plenty of places to stop and rest or to get a drink and a bite to eat.

The lots and garages I listed will be 1-2 blocks from the "boardwalk" which is mostly a paved walkway.

The Versace Mansion ("Casa Casuarina"), now a boutique hotel, is near the middle at 1116 Ocean Drive, if that helps.

360px-Gianni_versace_miami_home.JPG

THANKS SO MUCH !! EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED TO KNOW.

LilyPond

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, South Beach. Great sunbathing memories there. I realize you asked about parking, ... I thought I'd share that one of my favorite things to do is to get seated early for dinner at a restaurant with outside tables up against the sidewalk, as this allows fabulous viewing of those walking by. Have a glass of wine and enjoy the show! In case you are not aware, part of South Beach is considered the gay beach, and part of it is considered the topless beach, just wanted to mention it to help avoid surprises. :)
Have a wonderful time!!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can handle a topless beach ... it is the bottomless beach that might get to me. ;)

custcarcen

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, South Beach. Great sunbathing memories there. I realize you asked about parking, ... I thought I'd share that one of my favorite things to do is to get seated early for dinner at a restaurant with outside tables up against the sidewalk, as this allows fabulous viewing of those walking by. Have a glass of wine and enjoy the show! In case you are not aware, part of South Beach is considered the gay beach, and part of it is considered the topless beach, just wanted to mention it to help avoid surprises. :)
Have a wonderful time!!

Good to know ! It would probably be good to have that info in advance since we'll be travelling with our daughter.