• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui Lea at Maui Hill - Fixed summer week **FREE**

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Well - that was fast. I posted this on a buy/sell page on facebook where I am a member. My interested list there is up to 10 people, plus three tuggers here. Number one on the list (one of the facebook people) has already agreed to terms. I will definitely be keeping an interest list in case things fall through. Conan (tugger) is number two on the list.

--crossposted--

If you would like to vacation on Maui every June, I have a two bedroom timeshare at the Maui Hill resort available for *free* - you would just pay the transfer costs of $375. The unit is very large - about 1,100 square feet plus a 300 square foot lanai and has a distant ocean view. It sleeps 6 comfortably. The resort is located across the street from Keawakapu Beach (my favorite in all of Hawaii) at the south end of Kihei, just before you cross into Wailea. The resort has a pool, a tennis court, and a putt-putt for the kids. Our timeshare is a fixed week (every June 11 - 18th), fixed unit - meaning that you will always know exactly what you are getting.

Maintenance fees are $1,044 per year including property taxes (billed quarterly). The resort uses a fiscal year and we have already paid the first quarter of the 2017 maintenance fee and we will not be asking for reimbursement.

And I can show you how to exchange it and get an extra week for less than $200 using their in house exchange office.

We have more weeks than we can use so we have to let something go!

Check out a video of the unit here: https://vimeo.com/156192339

View from the lanai:
Unit%2025%20lanai%20view.%20Honestly%20its%20much%20better%20in%20person_zpssp01fquq.jpg

Last edited:

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent you a PM....

swiftyman

Reaction score
--crossposted--

If you would like to vacation on Maui every June, I have a two bedroom timeshare at the Maui Hill resort available for *free* - you would just pay the transfer costs of $375. The unit is very large - about 1,100 square feet plus a 300 square foot lanai and has a distant ocean view. It sleeps 6 comfortably. The resort is located across the street from Keawakapu Beach (my favorite in all of Hawaii) at the south end of Kihei, just before you cross into Wailea. The resort has a pool, a tennis court, and a putt-putt for the kids. Our timeshare is a fixed week (every June 11 - 18th), fixed unit - meaning that you will always know exactly what you are getting.

Maintenance fees are $1,044 per year including property taxes (billed quarterly). The resort uses a fiscal year and we have already paid the first quarter of the 2017 maintenance fee and we will not be asking for reimbursement.

And I can show you how to exchange it and get an extra week for less than $200 using their in house exchange office.

We have more weeks than we can use so we have to let something go!

Check out a video of the unit here: https://vimeo.com/156192339

View from the lanai:
Unit%2025%20lanai%20view.%20Honestly%20its%20much%20better%20in%20person_zpssp01fquq.jpg

Might be interested

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this really fixed for specific calendar days? So sometimes the week begins on Tuesday, etc?

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is this really fixed for specific calendar days? So sometimes the week begins on Tuesday, etc?

Yes - Maui Lea is unique in this. The dates are fixed. Sometimes it allows you to grab the mid week discounts for airfare. Other times it falls on the regular Friday/Sat/Sun days.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Love the Video!!!!

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We own there and love it, love it love it!

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's killing me to let it go but we just have too many weeks. I got it for almost free on ebay during the recession so I thought I'd let someone else get a great deal.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Just to give some perspective. Dh and I bought a 2 bedroom (right about the same time as your unit) in 1986. A few years later we sold that back to Maui Hill and bought a 3-bedroom later in the summer which we still have. We used it every year while our girls were growing up. Now we use it mostly to trade back into Maui Hill at different times of the year.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Great video, very nice unit

Absolutely great video, I see why it went so fast!!

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did your exchange go
Through officially?

Yes - the transfer was just completed last week with the person from the facebook group. Everyone is pleased - just as it should be!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Yes - the transfer was just completed last week with the person from the facebook group. Everyone is pleased - just as it should be!

We enjoyed staying there in June, I was shocked that you gave it away! Glad we got to exchange with you. Whoever gets this week is very lucky! Beautiful place! We send our best to you and Art.
Frank and Terry Castiglia

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
you mentioned that you belong to a facebook group, could you point me in that direction to it, as I would like to secure a maui lea at maui hill unit...thanks

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
you mentioned that you belong to a facebook group, could you point me in that direction to it, as I would like to secure a maui lea at maui hill unit...thanks
Sorry - it was a buy/sell group on Facebook, not an owners group. I see units occasionally on ebay so that is where I would look. Also, when I bought mine it was though an ebay seller and I just paid my $1 and the week was in my name two months later. I was surprised when the HOA wanted my buyer to pay their annual maintenance fees before they would complete the transfer. Not a bad thing, imo, but a surprise nonetheless. They wouldn't even offset the annual fee with the first quarter payment that I had already made. So he had to write a check out for a whole year's maintenance fee at once.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah the guy that does the transfers is an a**hole

Sorry - it was a buy/sell group on Facebook, not an owners group. I see units occasionally on ebay so that is where I would look. Also, when I bought mine it was though an ebay seller and I just paid my $1 and the week was in my name two months later. I was surprised when the HOA wanted my buyer to pay their annual maintenance fees before they would complete the transfer. Not a bad thing, imo, but a surprise nonetheless. They wouldn't even offset the annual fee with the first quarter payment that I had already made. So he had to write a check out for a whole year's maintenance fee at once.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm really looking to acquire a EOY at Maui Hill...Thanks for sharing all of the neat things this resort has to offer...

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm really looking to acquire a EOY at Maui Hill...Thanks for sharing all of the neat things this resort has to offer...

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Maui Hill doesn't offer an EOY option as far as I know.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Hill doesn't offer an EOY option as far as I know.
Bummer, thanks for letting me know as I've been looking for the purple unicorn for the past few months...LOL