• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

amanda14

Pool Education Team Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep I have used that also last year when we went. I was thinking without that advantage when you would need to go. Seems like it is perpetually mobbed. Good for them!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I just got out of bed and I was literally thinking in my haze if I wanted to get SCB at a time where there wouldn't be much of a wait, what time would I go? I was thinking 4. Obviously I need to reconsider!

For Skull Creek, I honestly don't think there will be much of a wait at 3:30 or 4:00, maybe starting at 4:30-ish and after. (Ate there yesterday, got there at 3:30.)

Dinner supposedly starts at 4pm we were told, but lots of people were already there, and there seemed only a slight lull from lunch. I'm not sure how strict they are with their posted "lunch" and "dinner" hours, but there seemed to be an overlap. Maybe people were just there at the bars??? Don't know because we've never been there that early.....went there spontaneously (was in the area signing up for the Cross Island Toll Palmetto Pass).

Altho it looked packed at that time---most everyone just walking around outside---- most of the tables seemed open, inside and out, as they were just getting started for the dinner hours, or at least that was my thought (??). Some holdovers from late lunch, I guess, but for the most part it was a quick seat. Never been there that early, so we were not expecting to see ANY people, to speak of.

We obviously didn't have call-ahead, but were offered a table right away---- the parking lot was totally full and the restaurant WAS starting to fill up, tho.

I'd say it's not a bad idea to have call-ahead for ANY time, though, even for SEATING as early as 4pm, JUST IN CASE.

Because of the crowds, don't take for granted that call-ahead will get you a time on "day-of" if you call the concierge midday, because Skull Creek Boathouse only allots Marriott a few spots each evening, and those go very fast. I would call the concierge the day before, regardless of what she says. If she doesn't call for you until the day-of, then fine, but tell her to call very early. Still I would tell her to try the day before, if they accept that.

Footnote:
Something cool we did this past week----after each evening meal out, we went to McDonald's drive-thru and got everyone a small vanilla ice cream cone.....verrrrry tasty and it really hit the spot, and was very cheap. And it definitely cooled us off in spite of the heat. It's a memory that was really fun, and perhaps our new tradition. :) There's more "significant" ice cream at South Beach and other places in the evening, but McD was fast, cheap, delicious, and didn't require getting out of the vehicle.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
We like Skull Creek Boathouse but it's not surprising to hear that you found waitstaff there on their time off, Marty. The 20-somethings in our group always seem to meet new Massachusetts connections working locally and when they socialize together, it's either at SCBH or in Bluffton. SCBH is also very convenient for whichever of us is the designated driver waiting back at the resort for the call. :)

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Footnote:
Something cool we did this past week----after each evening meal out, we went to McDonald's drive-thru and got everyone a small vanilla ice cream cone.....verrrrry tasty and it really hit the spot, and was very cheap. And it definitely cooled us off in spite of the heat. It's a memory that was really fun, and perhaps our new tradition. :) There's more "significant" ice cream at South Beach and other places in the evening, but McD was fast, cheap, delicious, and didn't require getting out of the vehicle.

Da..da..da..dat...da

I'm lovin it!

Maria's favorite go to spot for ice cream is mickey d's . Hot fudge sunday, extra fudge, no nuts. :D

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Just wondering if AuntChiladas restaurant is still open.? ,I liked the name !

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
...Footnote:

Found this in my FaceBook feed:

Cooper Loves Ice Cream

Last edited:
Reaction score
We just got back from an amazing week at Harbour Club.

Dined at Crazy Crab (decent, despite poor reviews on service); The Salty Dog (amazing ceviche for lunch); IHOP (to keep the teenager happy); Low Country Backyard (absolutely amazing); Low Country Market (excellent food, service so slow they had to comp many meals, including ours); Harbourtown Bakery (delish).

Trips to Charleston where we enjoyed dinner at Coast, as well as Callie's Hot Little Biscuit and Glazed, as well as a cupcake place nearby.

In Savannah we dined superbly for lunch at Vic's on the River.

amanda14

Pool Education Team Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have rezzies/call ahead from the Marriott Concierge at Redfish, SBC, Poseidon and I already had one at Chart House on my own but he told me that he will call as well to ensure we get top line service.

I have to say that the outbound call the Concierge makes specifically from SurfWatch is not something I have encountered from other Marriot timeshare's we have stayed at and we have been to about 10 and counting.

Very pleasant and helpful.

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
jme, if you are not familiar with Pomodori and Pazzo, you need to check them out. I would highly suggest both for your list of Italian restaurants.

Digging up an old thread, but I would 100% agree regarding Pazzo. I've been to every single Italian restaurant in Hilton Head multiple times, and Pazzo blew them all out of the water, IMO.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
NTP, I'm just back from HH and I don't recall even hearing about Pazzo. Where is it located? We have friends there who love Pomodori but we haven't tried it yet. Our "go to" Italian restaurant when visiting HH is Flora's Italian Cafe. We once again had a great dinner there on Thursday along with A local couple we had met during our trip. Flora even made her amazing Carrot cake for us, which I called ahead for to request, as she rarely makes it. Flora, makes all of the desserts and they are all outstanding! Too many great restaurants there and too little time during our visits. Will look for Pazzo when we are back down in October.
Brian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
NTP, I'm just back from HH and I don't recall even hearing about Pazzo. Where is it located? We have friends there who love Pomodori but we haven't tried it yet. Our "go to" Italian restaurant when visiting HH is Flora's Italian Cafe. We once again had a great dinner there on Thursday along with A local couple we had met during our trip. Flora even made her amazing Carrot cake for us, which I called ahead for to request, as she rarely makes it. Flora, makes all of the desserts and they are all outstanding! Too many great restaurants there and too little time during our visits. Will look for Pazzo when we are back down in October.
Brian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's the address Brian -
Pazzo Italian Cafe
807 William Hilton Pkwy #1600, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
(843) 842-9463

Buon Appetito

Richard

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
^beat me to it.

It's a small restaurant in the Plantation Shopping Center, about 5 minutes from the Sea Pines circle on business 278. We just got back from HH, and if not for the fact that my wife wanted me to take her to restaurants she had never been to down there, we'd have gone back a second night.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Met another Tugger who was vacationing on HHI at Skullcreek on Friday night. Got there at 5:00 and were able to get a table right away. By 5:30 there was a wait. She was staying at Barony and had the concierge call for a reservation but the earliest he could get was 8:30. Didn't realize they even took reservations because when I called they told me walk-ins only. Marriotts must be special.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Met another Tugger who was vacationing on HHI at Skullcreek on Friday night. Got there at 5:00 and were able to get a table right away. By 5:30 there was a wait. She was staying at Barony and had the concierge call for a reservation but the earliest he could get was 8:30. Didn't realize they even took reservations because when I called they told me walk-ins only. Marriotts must be special.

Not exactly a "reservation", but they refer to it as "call-ahead seating", and there are only a few slots per day given to Marriott guests only (and yes, that's very special). As most industry-wide "call-ahead" seatings go, you're placed near the head of the line when your "time" comes up, as opposed to having a table held for you like a normal reservation. In my hometown, for example, the franchise chain Texas Roadhouse offers call-ahead seating, and it's almost instantaneous seating instead of the usual 30-45 min wait. In Skull Creek's case, you may avoid a 2-hour wait.

This service, or perk, for Marriott guests has been around for years at Hilton Head. The concierge calls day-of, gives your name, and the restaurant seats you within 5-15 minutes of your given arrival time, depending on the crowd. I have always mentioned this in the preface of my HH restaurant review.

It's good for most of those restaurants that do not take reservations, like Skull Creek and Old Oyster Factory, etc., among others. Calling early in the day is best to get a slot.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Speaking of Skullcreek Boathouse -- the restaurant and its Executive Chef, Brad Blake, will be featured on Food Network this coming week.

It will be on Curtis Stone's new show, "Beach Eats" on Wednesday, Sept. 9 at 10:30 p.m. (eastern)

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
Speaking of Skullcreek Boathouse -- the restaurant and its Executive Chef, Brad Blake, will be featured on Food Network this coming week.

It will be on Curtis Stone's new show, "Beach Eats" on Wednesday, Sept. 9 at 10:30 p.m. (eastern)

thanks Julie. will have to check it out! :D

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
thanks Julie. will have to check it out! :D

Hey Dude, you think we might be in the crowd on TV???? I'll be recording it just in case. Better odds than my winning the lottery, huh. :)

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
Hey Dude, you think we might be in the crowd on TV???? I'll be recording it just in case. Better odds than my winning the lottery, huh. :)

I look foward to seeing your smiling face on TV ;)

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/

Saw the show last night. That was a nice little segment they did. I'm pretty sure I saw Marty in the crowd at his usual table. ;)

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Saw the show last night. That was a nice little segment they did. I'm pretty sure I saw Marty in the crowd at his usual table. ;)

yes, a very nice segment on Skull Creek Boathouse,
and the photography of the island leading up to the restaurant experience was beautiful. Funny how a production company comes in and shoots from entirely different angles from anything I've ever seen, so that was especially interesting. Loved the aerial views especially around the harbors and docks.

@ aka Julie....for alerting everybody to that upcoming show, THANKS AGAIN.

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
looks like chef david of roastfish and cornbread (and before that, the sea shack) has a new place in bluffton. hope it works out for him. roastfish and cornbread was amazing several years ago but apparently turned into a train wreck before it closed last year.

http://www.burnindownsouth.com/

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
What happened?

don't really know.

the google/tripadvisor/etc reviews make it sound like R&C was poorly managed, and the wait staff were not of high quality. but I don't have any inside info. I just loved the food back in 2010-2011 and would give the chef another chance to get the administration part straightened out...