TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Marriott Villas at Doral

Discussion in 'US - Florida Timesharing' started by billwright1, Dec 29, 2016.

1. billwright1

billwright1 TUG Member

We will be visiting Marriott's Villas at Doral and they are asking us to pick where we want to stay -
    1st Preference
    Building:
    Sunset Island Star Island Hibiscus Island Palm Island
    Floor: Ground Low High
    2nd Preference
    Building:
    Sunset Island Star Island Hibiscus Island Palm Island
    Floor: Ground Low High

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. silentg

silentg TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

We stayed at Doral before it changed owners, it is a very nice place. Very big and there is a pool for adults only we enjoyed our stay. If I remember the rooms were all very spacious enjoy your stay. The best part of Doral was you go onto the property and the rest of the world seems to disappear.
    Silentg

3. billwright1

billwright1 TUG Member

Thanks. Glad to hear it is nice. I am sure we will enjoy it there.

4. pedro47

pedro47 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

How far are they from the Miami cruise port?

5. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    About a half an hour. Doral isn't the ideal location for a cruise.

6. pedro47

What about a vacation after a cruise for some R&R ?

7. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    If you like golf, it would be great. There isn't much else to do there. It isn't on the beach.

8. jhac007

jhac007 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland, Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Star Island
    I use my week at Villas at Doral simply because it is a guaranteed winter week in So. FL. There was a large display in the lobby last Feb. stating all units will be refurbished by 2017 (IIRC). They usually put me in the Star Bldg. because the past few years they had said it had the newest appliances. It is the first bldg. away from the pool with Palm being the furthest. Sunset surrounds the pool and is where you check in. As mentioned, not much in Doral but i find it to be a good location if you like the real swamp airboat rides, visiting downtown Miami (without staying there), American Arena, Bayside, So. Beach (not my favorite) and close proximity to Miami Int. with Ft. Lauderdale Int. being a little further but doable. The traffic can be bothersome going to/from the resort but that's what you get if you go to Miami. Another word of caution, the planes going to Miami Int. fly right in front/over the balconies and it can be constant at times. I doesn't bother me as I eat my breakfast every morning on the balcony and watch the show (this may not be acceptable to some). The lake fronts the balconies and is pleasant. I keep a bicycle in So. FL. therefore I ride a lot and the traffic can be a problem however it nice to ride into the new downtown Doral (no traffic), thru the park and watch the area grow. There are many restaurants in the area so the choice of food should not be an issue.

Jim

9. pedro47

Are the villa soundproof. I am used to the sounds of freedom by the Navy jets from the Oceana Naval Jet Station.

10. jhac007

jhac007 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland, Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Star Island
    I would say no! I don't have the best hearing and can hear some inside.

Jim

11. billwright1

billwright1 TUG Member

Arrived today. Got a 5th floor in Sunset Building overlooking the lake and it a great room. Haven't heard the planes even outside, just seen them. Had a light dinner at Trump National Hotel across the street because it seemed appropriate!

12. jhac007

jhac007 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:

Hope you enjoy the resort. My winter week there is Feb. 17 this year.

Jim

13. billwright1

billwright1 TUG Member

We did enjoy our visit there. Nice room and facilities and the staff were all nice and accommodating. We enjoyed walking around Trump National Resort, into Doral town center and found some good restaurants nearby.

14. pedro47

Thanks for your observations. I am looking for a resort to chill after a 14 days Southern Cruise.
    Short list are resorts in Orlando and West Palm, Beach.