• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Points for sale on E-Bay

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I believe that Marriott will allow it on a few occasions when you are short or over points yourself but that they will stop it immediately when owners are doing it on a regular basis because you are competition to their sales department.

PS. Can a person, who isn't enrolled, rent points too or not?

Marriott does state that you can transfer points between accounts -- and unless they take that away, it's a perfect vehicle to facilitate the rental of points. That is the big question -- if they will take it away someday if they feel it impacts their ability to sell points???

And no, if someone isn't enrolled, they can't rent points because the rented points can't be transferred to them.

Lots to still learn about this system!

I dont' know what you mean that the TUG Marketplace isn't setup for Marriott MVCD point rentals

Thank you -- this may one day work if they add Marriott as a points system (so you can search for Marriott listings) but right now, they only have other points systems (Worldmark, Marriott Asia Pacific, RCI, etc.) and I can't seem to find Marriott. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the way it works on WMOwners, which is very very easy.....

Thanks again!

Last edited:

windje2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott does state that you can transfer points between accounts -- and unless they take that away, it's a perfect vehicle to facilitate the rental of points.

That is the big question -- if they will take it away someday if they feel it impacts their ability to sell points???

The corollary question is -- will their ability to sell points be affected IF they take that away.

Last edited:

richbrowne1

Reaction score
Greg, great job with the auction! I hope you don't mind but I'm going to steal you description (I couldn't do it better) and give it a try. Let's see what happens.

pharmgirl

Reaction score
anything new for renting points? Does marriott rent any points?

I'm tempted to join but calculated I would need about 500 additional points to get the week I want [a 3 bedroom]
Don't want to borrow points from next year as i see this as starting a continuous shortfall

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
anything new for renting points? Does marriott rent any points?

I'm tempted to join but calculated I would need about 500 additional points to get the week I want [a 3 bedroom]
Don't want to borrow points from next year as i see this as starting a continuous shortfall

Pharmgirl,

There have been other isolated transactions in addition to mine. RichBrowne1 had success renting his 2011 points in multiple smaller blocks at $0.55 per point.

We've still not found an easy place to post what's available for rent -- WMOwners has a wonderful subforum (for Worldmark point rentals) where it is easy to see the supply and demand, I expect a similar one will develop somewhere on the internet.

So, no high profile other activity has developed yet that I am aware of, but I continue to believe that points rentals will become more common, as they are with Worldmark. I don't know how long it will take, by the time I bought Worldmark in 2005, it was a mature system and there were many owners with excess points.

Good luck to you!

Greg

boettcht

Reaction score
If one was interested in purchasing additional Marriott Vacation Points from another owner for the 2012 year what would be the best place? I've done many searches on Google, EBay & forums and can't seem to find anything other than discussions about the rental/trade system. Any help in directing me a market place would be greatly appreciated!

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If one was interested in purchasing additional Marriott Vacation Points from another owner for the 2012 year what would be the best place? I've done many searches on Google, EBay & forums and can't seem to find anything other than discussions about the rental/trade system. Any help in directing me a market place would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to TUG! I'll send you a PM to try to assist, but a robust point rental market will take time to develop. I hope you are able to find the points you need from one of the websites I send to you!

Best,

Greg

boettcht

Reaction score
Welcome to TUG! I'll send you a PM to try to assist, but a robust point rental market will take time to develop. I hope you are able to find the points you need from one of the websites I send to you!

Best,

Greg

Thanks for the welcome! Still fairly new at the timeshare, my wife and I purchased a Marriott week in St. Thomas in 2009 and just enrolled in the VCP program.

Haha... after making a post and replying I realized you had listed one of the sites I had found.

Tom M

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Marbella Beach Club

formerly:
Marriott Sunset Pointe
Pictures of Marriott Cypress Harbor

Sorry..Mis-postged

Last edited:

aperkins7

Reaction score
deleted

post deleted--sorry, ads are not allowed in this forum. Ads may be placed in the TUG Marketplace or last minute rental forum subject to forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnnytravels

Reaction score
the rental value is greater if you make a reservation first.

if you do the 5 day stay sun-thurs you can get a lot out of 1500pts