*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Marriott Royal orSable Palms or Marriott Lakeshore

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by cindi, Apr 15, 2012.

1. cindi

cindi TUG Member

Right now I can chose between Sable or Royal Palms, near the Orlando World Center. If I want to pay another exchange fee.

I actually have a reservation for the dates I need at Marriott Lakeshore, but the location at the Palms is better for the meeting DH is going to. Better mainly because from that area there are free shuttles to his meeting (at the Gaylord Palms).

If we stay at Lakeshore, I will end up having to drop him off and pick him up. I have done that a few years now, but we usually stay at Cypress Harbour. Easy drive. Not sure how easy of a drive it would be from Lakeshore, as I haven't stayed there.

Anyone have any opinion? Stay where we are or pay the extra exchange fee?

And if the census is one of the Palms, which one?? I know the Imperial Palms has been recently redone. Have the other two?

2. Big Matt

Big Matt TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Sabal is closest to the world center. I stayed there in Feb. and it was great. The units were redone and wonderful. My only comment is that you are in a townhouse style unit and my be on the second floor and have to hike up and down (no elevator). Royal is more like a traditional MVC building. It is farther from the world center.

3. TSPam

TSPam TUG Member

Hi,
    I spent 5 weeks at Sabal in November/December. It has been nicely redone BUT there is glass block in the fancy shower and it lets light into the bedroom at night from the porch light and really brightly when the sun comes up. YIKES!

I visited Royal palms and they were very nice and I liked that the balconies jutted out from the buildings giving great views all day. They didn't seem quite as recently renovated and the bathrooms at Sabal were nicer (except for the crazy light from the glass block)

It will be a very short commute from the Royals to Gaylord Palms.

Lakeshore is at the corner of John Young and Central Florida Parkway so though much longer it would be a pretty easy drive. You could take Central Florida to I4 ( same entrance to I4 as from Cypress Harbour) and exit for Gaylord Palms. You could also go south on John Young to 417 to Osceola parkway.

I have heard from some that Lakeshore reserve is great and being next to the Ritz carleton and JW Marriott is a great bonus (lazy river)

Sabal Palms is closest to the Marriott World centre and an easy walk to it's pools. It is a longer walk, or shuttle from Royal palms. None of the palms have many activities (not like Cypress Harbour or Grande Vista) I have not stayed at Lakeshore reserve (staying there in December) so don't know about their activites

4. NboroGirl

NboroGirl TUG Member

Having stayted at both Sabal Palms and Lakeshore, I would choose Lakeshore in a heartbeat. But a lot depends on what you want to/will be doing after your spouse leaves for his meetings. Do you plan on hanging around the resort all day? Then pick Lakeshore reserve... it has a beautiful pool area and there are activities scheduled during the day. If you plan on going to the parks or something during the day, then maybe the convenience of the Palms would win out for me.

5. Quilter

Quilter Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I would call the World Center and ask if there are any shuttles between it and the JW or the Ritz. Then you stay at LR and hubby could take shuttle.

6. cindi

cindi TUG Member

Thanks everyone. I think I will stay put at Lakeside.

I do plan on spending a lot of time relaxing around the resort, so I ~suppose~ I can take him back and forth. I imagine I can fit it into my schedule. :D

I am glad to hear it sounds like it won't be so bad to drive over there, as I wasn't quite sure where the heck it was. Osceola runs right along one side of Gaylord Palms so it should be a simple matter to get back and forth.

I appreciate the helpful comments. :wave: