• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Rewards Points and Elite Night Credits on II Exchanges/Getaways

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Can you get any reward points when you stay in a MVC on a gift certificate getaway?

Last edited by a moderator:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You get reward points by first giving them your Marriott Rewards number at check-in and then spending at Marriott location like eating at their restaurants - make sure you charge back to the room. Reward points are associated with spending, not staying.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
You get reward points by first giving them your Marriott Rewards number at check-in and then spending at Marriott location like eating at their restaurants - make sure you charge back to the room. Reward points are associated with spending, not staying.

Thank you!

I stayed in the Courtyard in Miami last week and the room rate was 119 and bill was 172 with chargebacks to the room and I received 1190 reward points, is that correct?

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

I stayed in the Courtyard in Miami last week and the room rate was 119 and bill was 172 with chargebacks to the room and I received 1190 reward points, is that correct?

What status level are you? none, silver, gold, platinum?

Edit: Looking at this again, I'm going to assume you don't have status and that would be correct $119 room rate x 10 = 1,190 MR points.

Points for chargebacks are not allowed at Courtyard brand

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Only certain hotel brands allow you to earn points on incidental spending. Then, usually only spend at outlets owned or operated by Marriott will earn points.

I couldn't find it in the T&C, but I think you only get points for incidental spending at the following brands; Marriott, JW, Autograph, Renaissance and Marriott Vacation Club.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Only certain hotel brands allow you to earn points on incidental spending. Then, usually only spend at outlets owned or operated by Marriott will earn points.

I couldn't find it in the T&C, but I think you only get points for incidental spending at the following brands; Marriott, JW, Autograph, Renaissance and Marriott Vacation Club.

This explains it pretty well.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/earn/hotels.mi

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)

This is consistent with my experience; I did not get MR points for charging dinner Duke's while staying at the Kauai Beach Club.

Question for others: does one get night credit for status at Marriott when staying at a Marriott resort on a getaway?

Davey54321

TUG Member
Reaction score
MR Elite night credit for II getaway?

I know that Marriott didnt used to give elite night credits for II getaways at MVC or Marriott hotel locations but I thought I remembered hearing that this changed? Does anyone have confirmation (verbal or recent personal experience) about this? Thanks much for any info!
Vicki

Last edited by a moderator:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

Yes it does. Thanks for that. I searched through the T&C but couldn't find anywhere that explained it.

This is consistent with my experience; I did not get MR points for charging dinner Duke's while staying at the Kauai Beach Club.

Question for others: does one get night credit for status at Marriott when staying at a Marriott resort on a getaway?

You will get Elite night credit for Marriott Vacation Club stays on II getaways and exchanges as long as you attach your MR number to the reservation ahead of time or at checkin.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not very recently, but my last Interval Getaway stay was combined with an Interval Exchange and a cash stay in Marbella Beach Club / Playa Andaluza in early 2015.
I received Elite nights credit for every night of the stay.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The change was official in July 2008. Though even before that, many people earned elite nights for stays at Marriott Vacation Club properties through II exchange, getaway or owner stay.

Here are a few threads I found about this;
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80718

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86849

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86849

There was no official announcement of the change, but someone posted an email from a MVC representative. It is in post 1 of the first link above.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza

I got my 7 nights credited to my account from the II getaway, and points for the purchases onsite, I just made sure on check out they had my marriotts reward number.

Squan66

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had no luck getting credit for my interval stays recently. I stayed at the Aruba Surf Club 10/2 to 10/9 no elite night credits... Called was told not eligible
Stayed on a getaway at the Ford Colony 11/5 to 11/12 called again because the nights are not showing. Told not eligible.

This is impacting my ability to move to Platinum status this year.

Any suggestions.. I've spent countless hours on the phone, emails with scanned copies of bills etc.

This is getting a bit ridiculous.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I have had no luck getting credit for my interval stays recently. I stayed at the Aruba Surf Club 10/2 to 10/9 no elite night credits... Called was told not eligible
Stayed on a getaway at the Ford Colony 11/5 to 11/12 called again because the nights are not showing. Told not eligible.

This is impacting my ability to move to Platinum status this year.

Any suggestions.. I've spent countless hours on the phone, emails with scanned copies of bills etc.

This is getting a bit ridiculous.
Was your MR number attached to the reservation prior to checkin? If not, did you provide it when you checked in? More just out of curiosity. I have always said that it is usually rather difficult getting the credit after the fact. I wish you luck.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Elite nights credit always seems to be a rather random process to me.
We are now in the 6th and final week of our current stay.
We received credit for the 1st, 2nd and 4th weeks.
The 5th week should in theory post soon.
The 3rd week has not posted so I will have to chase that up.
It is all on a combined booking with my MR number.
Very strange.