• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Getaways in II

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got a getaway for a friend at Beach Place Towers in Fort Lauderdale in May . Was surprised to see it but the friend is thrilled.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
A getaway at Beach Place Towers in May is a bargain and an outstanding deal.

frankf3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Wyndham points
Just got a getaway for a friend at Beach Place Towers in Fort Lauderdale in May . Was surprised to see it but the friend is thrilled.

Nice! What was the price and unit type for the getaway?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Nice! What was the price and unit type for the getaway?
I only see studios available and they are $797 a week. I don't know how this compares to past years.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I only see studios available and they are $797 a week. I don't know how this compares to past years.

I also see only studio's available for $797 a week. Still this is not for Ft. Lauderdale.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the past, there used to be a ton of getaways in II for Marriott properties. Specifically Cypress Harbor used to have a lot of weeks offered as getaways. I just did a search for all of 2017 and only 3 July weeks appear as getaways. Does anyone know if this is now going to be the norm or just an aberration? It also appears that getaways for the other Marriott properties aren't as plentiful as in the past either.
I was at Cypress Harbour in the beginning of December on an II Getaway. I love that resort but I always travel during off, or shoulder, seasons. So far I've been lucky because I've always gotten in. But I'm retired and can travel at off times.

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was at Cypress Harbour in the beginning of December on an II Getaway. I love that resort but I always travel during off, or shoulder, seasons. So far I've been lucky because I've always gotten in. But I'm retired and can travel at off times.

We live locally and can travel just for a weekend if the getaways price is good enough. I'm not seeing much of anything at any of the Orlando Marriotts, and what is there isn't inexpensive. This drop off seems to have happened suddenly. Does anyone know what is going on?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I got a call from II the other day regarding my email I sent to the II TUG Members mailbox. Mark was out of the office. I got some run around answer about how all the getaways that were dumped in were so popular that they all got snapped up. I told the rep that I didn't believe her. It is possible that they were marked for Getaway incorrectly and they fixed it, but they certainly were not all taken. But the rep was persistent and that they were excited to see it all and how popular it was. Whatever. I haven't heard back even though the rep said she was going to talk to her inventory manager about the missing getaways.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I got a call from II the other day regarding my email I sent to the II TUG Members mailbox. Mark was out of the office. I got some run around answer about how all the getaways that were dumped in were so popular that they all got snapped up. I told the rep that I didn't believe her. It is possible that they were marked for Getaway incorrectly and they fixed it, but they certainly were not all taken. But the rep was persistent and that they were excited to see it all and how popular it was. Whatever. I haven't heard back even though the rep said she was going to talk to her inventory manager about the missing getaways.
I wish reps (and this applies to lots of businesses) would sometimes just say they do not know instead of making up some bogus story. This is as bad as a timeshare salesman making up stuff.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Any update on this, I had been seeing loads for May for Grande Vista and now nothing.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Looking up MGV for May, still nothing appearing, there had been LOADS, just now I tried with an accommodation cert and there was loads of availability. Wonder what's going on??

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I received a voice mail from II the other day about the missing getaways. The rep said it was a combination of units being booked up and them being pulled back for exchange priority. I don't believe the former, but do find the latter possible. Though it seems that a lot of inventory was pulled back to save for exchanges. I still think there is a glitch.

ACP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a way of searching on II for just Marriott properties, in the past I have chosen an area e.g. Orlando and gone through the options looking for Marriott, however if you can filter by just MVC that would be ideal, that can be for both Exchange and Getaway

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
personally I just save all Marriott codes in a word file, then cut and paste into the search engine. Then all marriotts pull

Berea1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Go to the Marriott Vacation Club website to get the list of 51 Marriotts and create that list. For instance, here is the symbols for the 8 Marriotts on Hilton Head Island: MBY, MGO, MHH, HPS, MMS, HPS, MMS, MSN, MSF, MHG

Page 1 of the 2016 II Marriot Directory that I get because I own 4 MARRIOTT timeshares has a list of all of the resorts, a total of 54 resorts om the Eatern US, western US, Carribbean & Atlantic Islands, Europe, and Asia. Please keep this secret so I can continue to do successful searches.

Patrick

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
At this point I no longer think it's a bug causing so few Orlando Marriotts to show up in Getaways. I think they would have realized it and fixed it by now if it were a bug. Such a bummer because we love using getaways to Orlando at the right price, and we prefer Marriott.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
At this point I no longer think it's a bug causing so few Orlando Marriotts to show up in Getaways. I think they would have realized it and fixed it by now if it were a bug. Such a bummer because we love using getaways to Orlando at the right price, and we prefer Marriott.
You could be right. I just did a check of Exchange inventory. Looking back at what I had save of MGR from 1/6/2017, there were 55 available units in May 2017. When I look at Exchange inventory today for May 2017, there are only 23 available units. Now there could be units stacked, but that is a significant diminishing of available checkin dates and unit types.

Now it is possible that there is getaway inventory that isn't available in exchange, but something odd is happening. Seems to be a lot fewer units available in Exchange now.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think it was a bug when there wasn't any showing up. I think now it is part of Marriot's strategy to save units for the destination Club and to not deposit excess inventory until later even in locations like Orlando in May.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I think it was a bug when there wasn't any showing up. I think now it is part of Marriot's strategy to save units for the destination Club and to not deposit excess inventory until later even in locations like Orlando in May.
Makes sense, but in the past were they running out of Orlando inventory in DC well in advance. I don't think that is the case. They always had lots of inventory even when II had it. I don't see any reason why it would have to be different this year than in the past. I would think they have a pretty good handle on how inventory plays out now that they are seven years in to DC.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Makes sense, but in the past were they running out of Orlando inventory in DC well in advance. I don't think that is the case. They always had lots of inventory even when II had it. I don't see any reason why it would have to be different this year than in the past. I would think they have a pretty good handle on how inventory plays out now that they are seven years in to DC.
I think they know too but I feel like they are slowly trying to dry up the II inventory pool of unsold developer inventory in order to steer more into buying into the DC program and into using the DC program vs relying on II for better deals.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I think they know too but I feel like they are slowly trying to dry up the II inventory pool of unsold developer inventory in order to steer more into buying into the DC program and into using the DC program vs relying on II for better deals.
It could be, but I don't think this is a really good strategy. Marriott needs II as much as II needs Marriott. Bodies in units means money to MVW. If they wait until closer to checkin to deposit their big surplus of inventory, II will be unable to rent them in a short period of time. So Marriott properties end up with a lot of empty rooms. Empty rooms means fewer people going to sales presentations and fewer people buying drinks and food on property. That ends up in less revenue for MVW.

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you participate in Destination Club with a resale Marriott? We actually don't own a Marriott yet, but I was considering adding one to our timeshare portfolio. It makes no sense to do that if they are holding back inventory that we couldn't trade into even with another Marriott though.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Can you participate in Destination Club with a resale Marriott? We actually don't own a Marriott yet, but I was considering adding one to our timeshare portfolio. It makes no sense to do that if they are holding back inventory that we couldn't trade into even with another Marriott though.

External-resale Weeks are not eligible to be enrolled in the Destination Club; exchanges are facilitated through your individual II account.

Internal-resale Weeks purchased via Marriott Resales Operations are eligible IF you also purchase DC Points. Enrolled Weeks can be exchanged either to DC Points, or, through your corporate II account (which you'll get if/when you become a DC Member.)

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They don't withhold owner deposits. It's the developer owned bulk deposits that they may withhold. They started with the more desirable inventory like Hawaii where the bulk deposits were at one time much larger and at the 8-12 month mark. There are still smaller bulk deposits but they are hitting at the 4-6 month mark with additional units in the last 60 day or less. Places like Williamsburg and Orlando were still getting the large bulk deposits 8-12 months but recently they seem to be slowing down and seem more spread out throughout the 4-8 month mark.