• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Manor Club Original 13 Month Inventory?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps this is a known issue but I was trying to book Manor Club Original for Nov 2017 yesterday morning using 13 month booking and the rep said not one week or check-in day was available. Not even the supposed 13-month release that just occurred minutes prior. This is barely shoulder season stuff. There are also zero deposits available in II for the Gold weeks in question.

This is a clear indication to me that the 13-month inventory was not released for the Original property section. Is this strange or normal? The Sequel does have 13-month inventory in II.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Perhaps this is a known issue but I was trying to book Manor Club Original for Nov 2017 yesterday morning using 13 month booking and the rep said not one week or check-in day was available. Not even the supposed 13-month release that just occurred minutes prior. This is barely shoulder season stuff. There are also zero deposits available in II for the Gold weeks in question.

This is a clear indication to me that the 13-month inventory was not released for the Original property section. Is this strange or normal? The Sequel does have 13-month inventory in II.

I'm guessing that you're talking about Points inventory? I wouldn't be surprised that DC inventory doesn't load immediately at the 13-mos mark, regardless of whether it's high-demand or not. We've seen that consistently since the DC was introduced. Some of the highest demand intervals don't load at all until the 12-mos mark while lesser demand intervals show up in the interim between the two. I'd just keep trying every day. :shrug:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am actually talking about weeks inventory. Gold weeks 44-47. Yesterday was the release day for week 47. No check-in day was available at 9:00am for ANY of those 4 weeks in November. That is not realistically possible if the 13 month inventory was released like it was supposed to be. I might be able to buy it if I saw a week show up in II but nada. Manor Club is easy to reserve and easy to trade into, especially for those types of months.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am actually talking about weeks inventory. Gold weeks 44-47. Yesterday was the release day for week 47. No check-in day was available at 9:00am for ANY of those 4 weeks in November. That is not realistically possible if the 13 month inventory was released like it was supposed to be. I might be able to buy it if I saw a week show up in II but nada. Manor Club is easy to reserve and easy to trade into, especially for those types of months.

Week 47 on the Manor Club calendar is Friday 11/24-12/1/17, Saturday 11/25-12/2/17 and Sunday 11/19-26/17. With the wacky calendar this year (Sun/Mon check-ins occurring in the week prior to Thurs/Fri/Sat check-ins) the release date based on the Inventory Release Weeks tool for Manor Club Week #47 Sunday check-in was yesterday but the release date for #47 Friday and Saturday is next Monday, 10/24/16.

Of course that doesn't explain why Weeks 44-46 which should have opened previously aren't available, especially if they're not high-demand. What other Week(s) are you trying to use consecutively/concurrently with this Manor Club Week #47 - any chance that's having an impact?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Week 47 on the Manor Club calendar is Friday 11/24-12/1/17, Saturday 11/25-12/2/17 and Sunday 11/19-26/17. With the wacky calendar this year (Sun/Mon check-ins occurring in the week prior to Thurs/Fri/Sat check-ins) the release date based on the Inventory Release Weeks tool for Manor Club Week #47 Sunday check-in was yesterday but the release date for #47 Friday and Saturday is next Monday, 10/24/16.

Of course that doesn't explain why Weeks 44-46 which should have opened previously aren't available, especially if they're not high-demand. What other Week(s) are you trying to use consecutively/concurrently with this Manor Club Week #47 - any chance that's having an impact?

I actually didn't specify a week number to the rep. I asked for a specific check-in day of 11/18/17, which should have been released yesterday. She said not only was it not available, but no other day in November was available either. Only the March weeks were available. I was trying to couple Manor Club Original with Ocean Pointe for 11/18/17. Since it wasn't available I then coupled a Grande Vista for the same 11/18/17.

The Manor Club Original weeks not being available doesn't make sense unless there is some exception there to the 13 month rule. I asked the rep how it was possible for none of the check-in days were available and they didn't know.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I actually didn't specify a week number to the rep. I asked for a specific check-in day of 11/18/17, which should have been released yesterday. She said not only was it not available, but no other day in November was available either. Only the March weeks were available. I was trying to couple Manor Club Original with Ocean Pointe for 11/18/17. Since it wasn't available I then coupled a Grande Vista for the same 11/18/17.

The Manor Club Original weeks not being available doesn't make sense unless there is some exception there to the 13 month rule. I asked the rep how it was possible for none of the check-in days were available and they didn't know.

I'm stumped. :shrug: If you sign in to your owners.marriottvacationclub.com account and click on "Education & Owner Resources" then "Owners Association," are there any documents there that might explain it? (I can only see docs for my owned resorts. This is another loss with the new website - on the old one all owners could see posted docs for all resorts.)

One thing I can think of is that they only allow 13-mos bookings for consecutive/concurrent Weeks at Manor Club Original. But that's VERY specific and doesn't make any sense because there aren't reports of any other resort implementing such a drastic change. In your shoes I think I'd reach out to the Board and GM to see if they have a reasonable explanation. If not, I'd escalate to MVW exec level.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I lost all my Owner's Association documents when they switched to this new system. The only options that show up for me are "Register for Online Document Notification" and "ARDA-ROC News". I did not own Manor Club before the switch.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
No 12-month inventory either. Right at 9am. In fact no November weeks seem to have been available at all so far. This is really weird.

Could Manor Club Original somehow not release inventory until a later date?

I am on hold with a rep. I am not hanging up until I get an answer on why the inventory is not being released. "Nothing available" is not the answer. It was never was available.

And now they hung up on me....

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The reps won't give me an answer and they are getting annoyed. They don't know anything except there isn't anything available. They say owners must have booked the weeks but I am fairly certain that is not the case. They are comparing November in Williamsburg with summer weeks at Newport Coast and they say both have the same high demand. There are still summer weeks available at Manor I am not getting anywhere. Anyone have any ideas?

I just spoke to a supervisor and they claim that literally the weeks were booked. The supervisor said that November is the highest demand month at Manor Club because people like the fall. Anyone buying that? I'm not, but at this point there isn't anything I can do.

Thank goodness Marriott just sold this unit for me but I have to keep the 2017 usage.

I don't normally have bad unexplained experiences with MVCI but right now I am not liking them too much. There is no way every check-in day in November is exponentially higher demand than the summer weeks, many of which are still available. That's their story apparently.

Last edited:

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can see them using points. Every check in day is available through November 12. Then there are all of the check in days after Thanksgiving from the 13 month period. I don't see anything the week before or after Thanksgiving.

So........my guess is that Marriott knows that Williamsburg is way more busy/attractive in the fall gold season than it is in the winter/spring gold season and they are opening all/most of the winter/spring for weeks and the fall for points.

Lousy if that's what they are doing, but it makes sense.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
The reps won't give me an answer and they are getting annoyed. They don't know anything except there isn't anything available. They say owners must have booked the weeks but I am fairly certain that is not the case. They are comparing November in Williamsburg with summer weeks at Newport Coast and they say both have the same high demand. There are still summer weeks available at Manor I am not getting anywhere. Anyone have any ideas?

I just spoke to a supervisor and they claim that literally the weeks were booked. The supervisor said that November is the highest demand month at Manor Club because people like the fall. Anyone buying that? I'm not, but at this point there isn't anything I can do.

Thank goodness Marriott just sold this unit for me but I have to keep the 2017 usage.

I don't normally have bad unexplained experiences with MVCI but right now I am not liking them too much. There is no way every check-in day in November is exponentially higher demand than the summer weeks, many of which are still available. That's their story apparently.

Just as a comparison....in the DC, for Manor Original, no availability Nov 19-24, but all other days in Nov are available. Looks like Thanksgiving week there is very popular.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just as a comparison....in the DC, for Manor Original, no availability Nov 19-24, but all other days in Nov are available. Looks like Thanksgiving week there is very popular.

I do buy that Thanksgiving is popular because it is a Gold week bottleneck but with legacy weeks there is and has been nothing for the entire month of November. I agree with Big Matt's speculation. Marriott is stealing the Nov weeks for points bookings and leaving March as the only option for legacy week owners. It's the only thing that makes sense. My guess is that at some point in the future they will release the unbooked November weeks. If that is what they are doing then it is in violation of the ownership rights of legacy week owners. They are hiding behind the fact that a legacy week owner is only guaranteed a week but not any specific week but they obviously won't admit if they are manipulating the inventory.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The highest demand months at the Manor Club are April, June thru the August. Next would be Thanksgiving & Christmas weeks in my humble opinion.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The highest demand months at the Manor Club are April, June thru the August. Next would be Thanksgiving & Christmas weeks in my humble opinion.

Here is the problem. Summer weeks were a plenty and I assume many are still available. No check-in day in November has ever shown as available for a weeks owner booking. Not just the recent Thanksgiving availability but no check-in days for the weeks prior. Marriott claims November is higher demand than the summer. They are full of it. It's possible the people giving the info don't know what is going on and they just speculate. I asked them to provide evidence by telling me how many November units have been booked by weeks owners and they say they don't have access to that information, which I believe. I believe that number is little to none.

I just went to contract to sell the unit so I gave up and booked a mid-March week and dumped it in Interval. Life goes on.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have own a fixed April week @ the Manor Club for over 15 plus years and the trading power has been reduced in the last two (2) years in my opinion. Once upon a time all we needed to do was pick up the phone and what we wanted in the Marriott system. We got it no questions asked; but now it is very different.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We have own a fixed April week @ the Manor Club for over 15 plus years and the trading power has been reduced in the last two (2) years in my opinion. Once upon a time all we needed to do was pick up the phone and what we wanted in the Marriott system. We got it no questions asked; but now it is very different.
I was not aware that they sold fixed weeks at Manor Club. According to the Manor Club Resort Calendar, there is no fixed weeks or even event weeks.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score

Squan66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow we stay there the first week of November every year. (This year it was 11/5 to 11/12) we booked a getaway on Interval for about $500. We love the place but their maintenance fees seem high so we book the getaways.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow we stay there the first week of November every year. (This year it was 11/5 to 11/12) we booked a getaway on Interval for about $500. We love the place but their maintenance fees seem high so we book the getaways.

Exactly, although you cannot book getaways this far in advance.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI, I went in to view the new web site and could see 7 night stays at Manor Club for the entire month of December using points. Something may have been wrong because there are weeks starting the 12th, 19th, and 26th in II now also.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI, I went in to view the new web site and could see 7 night stays at Manor Club for the entire month of December using points. Something may have been wrong because there are weeks starting the 12th, 19th, and 26th in II now also.

Thanks for the heads up. Is it strange the Nov 19th check-in isn't even under Marriott preference?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the heads up. Is it strange the Nov 19th check-in isn't even under Marriott preference?

No, the preference is dependent on origin. Owner deposits outside of flextime are always subject to the preference but various other deposits may not be, especially if Marriot/MVW have a surplus.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
No, the preference is dependent on origin. Owner deposits outside of flextime are always subject to the preference but various other deposits may not be, especially if Marriot/MVW have a surplus.
Not sure that is necessarily the case. We don't really know the reason why some deposits are outside of preference. I don't know that there is a hard and fast rule that developer deposits don't carry preference. Though this is a pattern that some had noticed in the past. I do think it would be odd to have developer deposits this far out. I would suspect these to be owner deposits. More likely that II has determined that these usually don't get snapped up by Marriott owners and just offer them up without preference from the get go.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score

I don't understand what you are talking about here. Can you be more specific? We've been going over this specific situation for a couple months and your insight about what may have happened would be helpful.

Thanks.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't understand what you are talking about here. Can you be more specific? We've been going over this specific situation for a couple months and your insight about what may have happened would be helpful.

Thanks.

The way I understand it all II deposits by Owners are subject to the 21/24-day preference period during which they're available to only other Marriott Owners, except during flexchange the period decreases to as little as 3 days. The same may not be true for non-owner deposits made by Marriott - some may be assigned a preference period but not all of them are, especially during flex change it's less likely with a Marriott deposit. (That's why you see many posts in the Sightings/Distressed forum that indicate no preference is in play.)

Like Dioxide says I don't think we've ever been able to figure out any hard and fast rules for which Marriott deposits will or won't have a preference. He also could be correct that II makes arbitrary determinations of whether a deposit carries a preference period - it's an interesting thought that I don't remember hearing before.

(My comment was meant as a simple response to Saintsfan's question about the Marriott preference period in II. Like him I still don't understand why Manor Club Original Weeks inventory was non-existent for the whole month of November at the 13- and 12-mos Release Dates, which is the original topic of this thread.)

Last edited: