*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Manhattan Club - At what price do they exercise right of first refusal?

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, Renting' started by mommy-of-4-kids, Feb 28, 2006.

1. mommy-of-4-kids

mommy-of-4-kids Guest

I'm looking at a 1 bed, 2 bath unit. Every year usage. No blackout dates. Founder's level; no weekend restrictions. What is the cutoff price for right of first refusal?

2. CaliDave

CaliDave TUG Member

3. mommy-of-4-kids

mommy-of-4-kids Guest

Since he sells these and currently has a similar property in his listings, do you think I'll get a straight up answer? I'm looking at a unit that he isn't selling, although he has an identical unit.

4. CaliDave

CaliDave TUG Member

He has always been helpful and honest with me, even when I wasn't buying anything from him. I don't think you'll find a more honest reseller.
    I'm pretty sure he's one of the top sellers of Manhattan club. I'm sure he'll know exactly where ROFR is.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  5. mommy-of-4-kids

mommy-of-4-kids Guest

Thank you. I've emailed him. We'll see what happens.

6. Amy

Amy TUG Member

I've had similar experience. If I were in your shoes I'd definitely ask Seth re ROFR level as part of my research process.

7. mommy-of-4-kids

mommy-of-4-kids Guest

I'm not getting a response from Seth.

The owner called the Manhattan Club. They informed her that they do have 30 days to exercise the right of first refusal. The owner asked what the chances are of them buying it after I make an offer. The person at the Manhattan Club said "slim".

8. Seth Nock

Seth Nock Guest

Hi,
    I didn't get your email. Email me your # or the price you were thinking of offerring and I will tell you if I think it will make it past ROFR.

9. mommy-of-4-kids

mommy-of-4-kids Guest

Seth,
    I used the email link here on TUG to try again. Hopefully you will get it this time. Thanks for responding here.
    Gina