*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Loophole in new system??

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club Resorts' started by Swice, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swice

Swice TUG Member

Asking:

Is there a "work around" in the new system?

I figure I would have "lost" two week-long vacations this year had I been enrolled in the new system. So I have been mulling around the workings of the new system.

Question:
    If enrolled in the new system... could I instead of using "points":
    1. Elect to "deposit" a Plat one bedroom Lakeshore into II (no points involved)?
    2. Put an on-going request in for a number of Hilton Head Island Marriotts (this would be a week or a week request no points involved)? Possibly "snag" a two bedroom Hilton Head gold for spring break like I did this year.
    3. Would this "trade" be covered or would I have to pay an additional II fee?
    4. Would I be able to monitor the trade options on line and pick a different option if I see something else pop up?

I'm wondering if this would be a way to work around the fact that my plat one-bedroom Lakeshore would not have enough "points" to book Hilton Head spring break (with was "gold" season there) the new way?

2. Dave M

Dave M TUG Lifetime Member

That's not a "workaround". That's an essential element of the new system.

What you have described is something you can do now - without the new system. And if you enroll, you have all of the rights to use your week - including exchanging it through II - as you do now.

The only open and as yet not completely answered question related to your scenario is whether Marriott will use the new points system to raid II of weeks that under the old system would be confirmed to you under II's "comparable exchange" methodology.

And assuming you request only Marriott weeks in your exchange week, your exchange fee is covered by your annual points membership fee. From the MVCI site (log-in required to access this page): "Enrolled Owners’ fees for internal exchanges are included in their Club Dues."

Because this topic is well covered elsewhere, I am closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.