• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking to add just have a few quick questions

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
No SOs left and its an odd year so Ill have to pay for next two years before I get usage
If you talking about the one on ebay mentioned by dioxide45, it is an annual contract. Usage begins next year.

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
No I know that. I found a different one and I am curious what you guys think it should go for. Its every other year odd years. 81k SOs so Prime season. All closing costs covered by seller.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
With every other year odd, you would have first usage in 2019. You would pay the MFs in 2018 and 2019 for 2019 usage. This is how Vistana bills for EOY. It differs from Marriott who bills in the use year and the next year. WIth Marriott 2019 and 2020 MFs cover 2019 usage. Technically the MF as it would be billed in 2018 would be for your 2019 first use year.

I think I would value it at about $500-$600 with all closing costs paid. Though you may be able to get a deal and offer less.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
No I know that. I found a different one and I am curious what you guys think it should go for. Its every other year odd years. 81k SOs so Prime season. All closing costs covered by seller.

What is should sell for is irrelevant; the relevant question is what you are willing to pay for it.

A reasonable number of SVV platinum 81K units come up for sale on eBay. Decide what you are willing to pay, set a snipe bid for that amount on every auction (one at a time, and only after you do your due diligence on that unit), and wait until you "win".

ps -- my guess is that it will sell for about $750-1,000 given the free closing costs; more if free 2017 usage is included.

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah persoanlly I value it at $500....

So last question would you guys get

an every other year odd 81k first year in 2019 for $500
or
and every other year even first use next year 67,100 for $300

I think I know the answer just curious what you guys think

BTW I already own an 81k Annual SVV so this is to add to that.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
The Bare minimum I would go is with 81k points. Sometimes you see 81k eoy on the bargain basement part of this forum for free. You always see 67k for free, I wouldn't pay anything for that aside from closing.

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
The $500 and $300 price tags are all inclusive of all closing costs... So basically they are free for most part.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The $500 and $300 price tags are all inclusive of all closing costs... So basically they are free for most part.
The thing is, that many 67,1K SO high/gold weeks can be had for $0, with all closing costs paid by the seller. Though if $300 nor the lowest absolute price is a concern, then paying $300 may not be bad.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
81k gets you a min of a studio in Hawaii. Anything below that and you got to compromise.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
81k gets you a min of a studio in Hawaii. Anything below that and you got to compromise.

81K gets you a one bedroom in Hawaii (or ocean front studios at WKORV/N). Non-OF studios go for 67.1K.

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok everyone thanks so much for your help! I picked one up today from John Kushman great guy! Signed the docs and made payment. EOY 81k SVV