• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking for info on Bluegreen

johnluyando

Reaction score
I recently rented a week at Shore Crest which peeked my interest into the Bluegreen program. I've been looking at a few contracts on ebay which seem to be reasonable. My question is, do I need to purchase a Shore Crest contract if this is where I plan to stay? I know the answer is no but will there be availability to book summer weeks if I own another resort contract?

Also, my plan is to purchase a contract large enough to book a few additional weeks for rental purposes. Can anyone share their experience renting out their Bluegreen timeshares?

Thank you

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, there should be summer availability at Shore Crest if your points are backed by a deed at a different resort. To get a full week reservation you will need to reserve 11 or 10 months in advance. Right now (early May), there are no 7-day blocks for July or August, but there are 2 and 3 day blocks for every summer 2017 week -- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Bluegreen ownership is a trust fund system. You do not own the deed. That said, each point is linked to a deed in the trust fund and Bluegreen gives the points' owner priority to the interval backing the points. If one purchases points backed by a deed at Shore Crest you can reserve that specific unit twelve months out. Only a hand full of members do this, however.

Bluegreen has a feature called bonus time. You can make a cash reservation up to 48 days in advance. A two bedroom unit is $79 per night; a one bedroom is $69. Bonus time is space available. Many people like this feature. Some make a Sunday-Thursday reservation with points, and make a Friday and Saturday reservation for cash. Or they might make a 7 day reservation with points and add two or three days for cash. Anyway, with resale points, bonus time is available only at the points' home resort. Bonus time is available at all resorts in the network to points purchased from the developer.

johnluyando

Reaction score
Yes, there should be summer availability at Shore Crest if your points are backed by a deed at a different resort. To get a full week reservation you will need to reserve 11 or 10 months in advance. Right now (early May), there are no 7-day blocks for July or August, but there are 2 and 3 day blocks for every summer 2017 week -- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Bluegreen ownership is a trust fund system. You do not own the deed. That said, each point is linked to a deed in the trust fund and Bluegreen gives the points' owner priority to the interval backing the points. If one purchases points backed by a deed at Shore Crest you can reserve that specific unit twelve months out. Only a hand full of members do this, however.

Bluegreen has a feature called bonus time. You can make a cash reservation up to 48 days in advance. A two bedroom unit is $79 per night; a one bedroom is $69. Bonus time is space available. Many people like this feature. Some make a Sunday-Thursday reservation with points, and make a Friday and Saturday reservation for cash. Or they might make a 7 day reservation with points and add two or three days for cash. Anyway, with resale points, bonus time is available only at the points' home resort. Bonus time is available at all resorts in the network to points purchased from the developer.
Thank you for the info. This was very helpful!

Aussiedog

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi John -
I am a Bluegreen owner and one of my weeks is linked to a summer week at Shorecrest. I am one of those who reserves my specific unit 12 months out. It rents with no problem at all. I also have no problem reserving time at Seaglass, but you have to really pay attention to when the reservation window opens for any of their resorts as they fill up fast.

CharlesS

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can now reserve your specific unit/week 13 months out. - Charles