• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking for info on a resort in Cabo

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll second adding GSE (Grand Solmar) onto your list of resorts to choose from. While the beautiful beach isn't swimmable, it is not too far to walk to Medano Beach or scramble on rocks to Lover's Beach. The views from Grand Solmar are breathtaking and it is a 5 minute walk to town and terrific restaurants.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-...as:Mexico:Swimmable.Beaches.In.Los.Cabos.html

Even Medano Beach is overrated as a swimmable beach. You'll frequently get knocked about by waves and I would never let a child alone in the water. When I go swimming there I end up with sand in all kinds of unmentionable places. Depending on the season and even time of day there are riptides and rogue waves that can wreak havoc on your peace. These beaches change often due to weather. Sometimes the beach is steep and difficult to access in places. Other times it is flat. Pacific beaches shift much more frequently than what you see in the Caribbean. You can't count on them being the same as when you went the last time.

Luckytimer

Reaction score
We stayed at PB Sunset Beach in Dec and Grand Fiesta Americana in March. Loved both but the Grand Fiesta Americana edges out PBSunset for the location and view, especially at the ocean front restaurant. We did the AI at both. We paid $70 pp at each. You can buy less than a week if you want to explore restos in town. The AI at GFAmericana is WAAAAY better than Sunset Beach. You can order a la carte and even at the Sushi SKY bar which is beautiful. If you can trade into FGAmericana I'd go for it. Lots of FREE evening entertainment there too and a huge firepit which is oceanfront you can enjoy with drinks with small groups playing music every night.

hellolani

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Late to the party but if you don't mind staying in the corridor, Welk Sirena Del Mar is gorgeous, and their private beach has palapas and tons of colourful fish you can see without snorkel gear, just wading in. Stick out your pinky and they will try to nibble it. Toss out anything leftover from your lunch and a whole school will come in.

vlapinta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Watch at Grand Dunes
The unswimable beach made me drop it from the list. I'm not a long distance w]swimmer but looking at the water and not able to go in is usually a deal breaker.

vlapinta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Late to the party but if you don't mind staying in the corridor, Welk Sirena Del Mar is gorgeous, and their private beach has palapas and tons of colourful fish you can see without snorkel gear, just wading in. Stick out your pinky and they will try to nibble it. Toss out anything leftover from your lunch and a whole school will come in.
I don't know what yu mean by the corridor, please explain...

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I don't know what yu mean by the corridor, please explain...
"The Corridor" is the strip of hotels/resorts between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo. (Map not to scale)
CSL-SJ-Corridor-Map-2014-page-1.png

timesharejunkie4

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
dmiller1 We are from the NJ shore. We can fly out of Newark or Philly. Can you tell me how you find the best way to get there? Which airline ect
I think I'm taking Grand Solmar off my list. A swimmable beach is a must for us

We always fly out of Newark because UA has nonstop flights.. There are no nonstops out of Philly.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
BWI has non-stops seasonally on SWA. We own two MCVI weeks and have fallen in love with Cabo. Staying at Hacienda Encantada and Grand Solmar nearly every year for the past 4 years. (One or the other). We ultimately bought a week at GS. You will love Cabo. Daily housekeeping. Resorts that rival-or exceed MVCI in some cases. Just a wonderful place. Have a great time!

vlapinta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Timesharejunkie I don't see any flights out of Newark on United that are direct. They all have 1 stop

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
United flight 1475 is Nonstop EWR-SJD return is flight 1477 nonstop. However, these flights are not daily. Weekends only I believe.

BTW: Direct means no plane changes-but may stop (SWA has a lot of these). Nonstop means you don't land. Not a huge deal, but can add a lot of travel time and certainly change expectations. SWA has some directs that stop 3 or 4 times across the country!

vlapinta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I added this resort, thanks for the suggestion

vlapinta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
United flight 1475 is Nonstop EWR-SJD return is flight 1477 nonstop. However, these flights are not daily. Weekends only I believe.

BTW: Direct means no plane changes-but may stop (SWA has a lot of these). Nonstop means you don't land. Not a huge deal, but can add a lot of travel time and certainly change expectations. SWA has some directs that stop 3 or 4 times across the country!
Ok I guess I wasn't putting in the weekend dates when I searched. Now I see it... Thanks!