• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2017 ] Latest Victim of the Vidante Vultures & Villains

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Dear Michele88,
Mikenk is giving good advice . Let go of the anger .
and yes - Vidanta owners generally have a poolside " presentation " story ( or two ) to tell .

And - you will likely love the resorts - daily maid & towel service & great staff , big pools etc (** see my addition at bottom )
Vidanta is non AI ( all inclusive ) and has good onsite restaurants .
This gives you more choice .
Buy some groceries & save money / eat on site / or go off resort to other restaurants .

Step one is determining -can you afford the contract.
( if not - they may let you out if you forfeit the deposit - I really do not know / since posters simply say they "came to an agreement and are removing their post and comments )

IF you own it / then : how to resolve details & best use it .

I would add - Vidanta Member Services I believe works primarily Monday- Friday .

That gives a day or so to determine what your goal is in contacting them .
IMO - goal (1)- politely ask them to explain some contract details you do not understand .

You seem to have a pay on use only addendum or feature
You mention (8) a $850 USD due no later than Feb 28 2020
( note: all Vidanta contracts are in USD as far as I am aware, this includes Mexican National Contracts )

Ask them - does this mean- I am required to pay:
$ 850- for the 2018 use year ( plus $ 50 upon booking a week)
$ 850 - for the 2019 use year ( plus $ 50 upon booking a week )
$850 - for the 2020 use year ( due Feb 20 2020 ) ( plus $ 50 upon booking a week )

and then all future year use is pay on use only ( ie no go / no pay )
( FYI - my 2006 contract required a mandatory MF for the first 5 years and then it became pay on use only )

The above is my "interpretation " of your posted information - have Member Services explain it on the phone and then ask if they can email you
the information .

< understand - that the initial purchase price can best be looked at as a partial prepayment towards xx weeks of future vacations .
so any year you choose not to use you are forfeiting the pre-payment but saving the annual MF >

It is a very good addendum / feature that Vidanta has used
in ( many) contracts at all brand levels since they introduced it in 2006 . Very few other TS have this feature .
The money initially spent is spent -but no mandatory annual MF is required if " life events" cause you not to be able to use .

ARP - 6 months - ( same as in my contract) - generally Vidanta contracts allow using this years "use year" to book into the following year
as long as booked before year end . This is important for snowbird use .
ie -Aug. 1 2016 - I can book Feb 2017 and charge to a credit card-( using my 2016 use year ) is how it works . (Confirm with Member Services that your contract works the same way- and if so- call reservations Aug 1 2017 to book a 2018 winter vacation .)

Season red - red season is defined (in my contract ) as all weeks except Christmas , New Years and the (2) weeks on either side of Easter Sunday ( which floats)
These 4 weeks are big Mexican National Holiday weeks and are sold as Elite week contracts for a lot more money .

SFX is an exchange company (similar to RCI or Intervals International ) Diamond is the "pay " level in SFX , (gold level SFX is free )google to see the difference

Vida SFX weeks are pay on use only "bonus" weeks only usable via SFX to exchange to non Vidanta properties . (I believe you can contact SFX by phone for more info )

Privilege Weeks are weeks usable at Vidanta resorts ( I am unclear on the details .I believe they may not have the same ARP as your primary ownership week etc. Perhaps Member Services can better explain <(Home) Privilege Weeks >- these weeks may be similar to what was called Vacation Fare Weeks in "old" contracts - a bonus week that is always pay on use only - but is only bookable 45 days ahead in Feb & March . (so generally non snowbird season usable )

Ambassador certificates are good value for the user . Vidanta offers them in the hopes that the user of them can be convinced to buy .
10 sounds like the number I heard poolside last year from an owner who upgraded .

unit size - Suite 1BR (1 bedroom )1 BA ( 1 bathroom ) 04 Cap ( ?? ) KIT ( Kitchen or partial Kitchen ? )
6 people is possible in a one bedroom Mayan Palace suite - the bedroom sleeps 2 ( generally a king size bed ) the living room has (2) wood frame sofas with a one piece slab foam seat cushions that turn into single beds by removing the back cushions ( much more comfortable than fold out sofa sleepers ) . Their are also 2 trundle beds that slide out from under the sofas.
These trundle beds are really best for children . RCI lists it as sleeps 5 . As long as Member Services says 6 is OK in an email - it is your family sharing the space . We have been there a couple of times for an Easter Holiday week ( a few years ago when Vidanta sent a promo e-mail - allowing red week owners to book an Easter Week ) and the norm those weeks is probably 6 in a one bedroom suite . ( grandparent in their 50's , married son & daughter in law & a couple of young children ) It is a lot like May 24 / Victoria Day Weekend at a Canadian family cottage .

** Reservations for additional Entertainment Collection Weeks may be requested .... ( ask Member Services - how many per year and what MF per week - etc etc )
this is a benefit that is new to me .

Since you are the first TUG post listing the brand " Entertainment Collection " please find out and /or list any other details .It would appear it is a Mayan Palace or Bliss range MF with
some (possible) additional benefits . Ask Member Services - what benefits ?? (perhaps : discounted access to Cirque RM & Cirque NV & Theme Park when opened ?? ) and how does it differ from Bliss or Mayan Palace (the one bedroom suite MP & Bliss are the same square footage with different furnishings / decor )
FYI - Vidanta has used golf discounts as a carrot to get folks to buy - so entertainment access to Cirque du Soleil and the theme park at better pricing would make carrot sense .

Vidanta has - of recent years added some "brands" that are less ' building" specific. This allows more reservations flexibility since their 7 property locations vary in building brands and number of units per brand .

THE COLLECTION - Sea Garden , Mayan Palace , Bliss - ( no ARP was listed according to a fall 2015 TUG poster who eventually rescinded )
THE GRAND COLLECTION - Grand Mayan , Grand Bliss

CASCADES - ( pre -build / will be inside the Nuevo Vallarta Cirque Theme Park opening in 2018 )
KINGDOM OF THE SUN - ( pre-build / will be inside the N. Vallarta Cirque Theme Park opening in 2018)

FYI - a Jan 2017 Tug post said display models of Kingdom & Cascades are now open on the 9th floor of the Grand Bliss Nuevo Vallarta .
TUG Member / Grand Luxxe owner Mikenk posted that it appeared that the suite sizes for Kingdom and Cascades will be similar to a Mayan Palace sq. footage.
this makes sense - a significant target market for the theme park is Mexican National / Summer usage . Guadalajara with a metro area of 5 million +
will be under a 5 hour drive when the under construction toll road is completed .

Mikenk has posted in other threads about having Member Services add an addendum to his contract:
that - after the initial 10 year term - one of your 100 year weeks takes on all the benefits and privileges
of the initial 10 year /1 week per year week
You may wish to read other TUG thread / posts to clarify this information .

I hope this helps.

added - I re-read your info on Equity Value / trade in .
As I understand it - sales gave you a " credit / price reduction of $ 1897 ( smoke and mirrors) towards a "trade in " . You them "owe" $ 1897 to an outside transfer company who is calling for " their " money .

IMO - here is my suggestion - Get Vidanta Member Services to put in writing that money due is $ xxx ( balance due since you gave a deposit ) whether or not the " trade in " is transferred out of your name .
( Vidanta does not care about your trade in - but get it in writing )

Then tell the transfer company - you do not plan to pay them to transfer AND they do not have to do the transfer. Mostly they want the money which is why they are calling daily . If you are worried about your paperwork and signature offer to send them $ 100 Canadian cashiers cheque for mailing of your paperwork and another $ 100 Canadian when you receive it . Be Honourable if it is mailed to you .

Either keep the trade in or give it away on TUG if it has no resale value . This will likely cost less than $1897 even if you pay transfer cost and next years MF - and you will have better control of the process .

** VIDANTA DAILY MAID SERVICE AND DAILY TOWELS -this is done at every Vidanta brand level by very hardworking Vidanta staff . PLEASE TIP THEM . Generally one person will do all the days (except (her) day(s) off - we give about $ 5 per day / $35 USD . We find out her name and usually give it the day before check out . I also try very hard to tip the " day off " person as I assume they may be a newer hire and are getting moved daily so less tips as not every guest notices . I will try to go up from the pool midday just to give a tip (propina )to the fill in person .

There is a thread started Feb 1 in the TUG Wyndham forum :
" No mid week cleaning unless you are Gold or Plat. ? "
At Vidanta it is done DAILY for everyone staying - from SEA GARDEN to GRAND LUXXE .

I am not saying this alone will " remove the sting" but at least if you paid developer price you are getting full service .

Last edited:

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Privilege Weeks are weeks usable at Vidanta resorts ( I am unclear on the details .I believe they may not have the same ARP as your primary ownership week etc. Perhaps Member Services can better explain <(Home) Privilege Weeks >- these weeks may be similar to what was called Vacation Fare Weeks in "old" contracts - a bonus week that is always pay on use only - but is only bookable 45 days ahead in Feb & March . (so generally non snowbird season usable )

SFX privilege week can be used to book elite weeks.

My contract is red week except elite weeks (Christmas new year, etc.). if I want to stay on Christmas week, I can book through SFX and pay full MF. I assume the week is from other owners who deposited the week to SFX.

Michele88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Silver Lake
The next thing that will happen is the transfer costs that vida set up for you to get rid of your RCI contract. They Will offer to sell it back to you for a stupid price. B

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
and what then? Have you had this happen to you? If so what did you do about it?
Hello
Can you elaborate on what you did to get it back cheap and how much is cheap?

Michele88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Silver Lake
I am really happy to report that I was finally able to reach a satisfactory conclusion with Vidanta regarding my recent purchase of a timeshare while in Mexico. Rosario Aceves from member services was very helpful in assisting me in sorting out my issues. I am looking forward to booking and enjoying my purchase for many years to come. Thank you to all who commented on this and helped me navigate through this situation! I am really grateful for your support and glad that I found this website!!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Glad you were able to become a happy owner with a resolution that is satisfactory for future use .

We recently returned from 2 weeks in the Puerto Vallarta area at Vidanta resorts .
I am sure you will find their "hotel " side facilities and staff top notch .

Glad to see Rosario in Member Services worked it all through with you , and spent the time over the last few weeks
so that you could post this today / March 6 .

Skip the presentation / for 10 % off - on your next vacation .

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I read these postings before a Vidanta presentation.
I survived another one last Tuesday with the sales people wondering why I could not accept their fantastic offer!

rollingtrain

TUG Member
Reaction score
Michele88, I really don't see that you were scammed. Yes, you overpaid. Fully half of TUGgers did exactly what you did. They bought from the developer. Did the salesweasel lie? Yes. They do that. Were you told that 'What matters is what's in the contract, not what you were told'? I think you were. They found the right button to push to get you to sign. Whether it was the 'We'll take your existing TS on trade', or 'No use, no pay MF', or 'This is an investment, you can rent', or' Sure, you can put 8 people in a 1 bedroom unit', but SOMETHING you were told made you overcome all hesitancy and sign the contract. THEN, you had a week to read, ask questions, even do a Google Search and find TUG, and rescind. That you didn't do that is the root of your problem. We can show you how to use what you bought. We can commiserate with you, but we can't save you from being an adult and making a decision you have to live with.

We hope that your conversations with Vidanta are helpful, and that they will reduce the price you will be paying, but since the product you bought exists, and you didn't rescind when you could, It appears that you were NOT scammed.

Jim
There is an old saying that has always served me well: "If anyone tells you something that affects their wallet, assume they are lying." They might not be but assume so until you validate what you heard. Often, that is very difficult and time consuming to do - but in the case of time share purchases is quite simple: JUST READ THE CONTRACT as it is all spelled out. Not only that, for time shares, you have 5 days where you are completely in control. If you don't understand the contract, go to the contracts people and learn.

Michele, my point is this, the sales person, as despicable as it is for the lying and pressure, did their job; they got you to sign on the dotted line. You did not do yours as you did not read what you signed. My suggestion: let go of all the anger to them and yourself. It is what it is - Now, what are your choices.

First, you should contact Member Services as suggested earlier in this thread. They handle the contracts - not sales. You need to first understand the details of what you own; I read your questions - but since all Vidanta contracts tend to be so different. I doubt any of us owners can answer them on this forum. I would contact them with your questions and concerns with civility - not anger.

Once you know what you bought, then you have choices:

1: Try to get them (Member Services) to cancel or adjust to make it right. There are plenty of examples of this happening - including myself. My personal experience with Member Services has been great over the years.

2: You can try and sell it yourself - and be done with it. Be careful as there are true scammers that will say they will help but their goal is simply to separate you from your money and give you nothing in return.

3: You can let go of the anger and just enjoy the resorts; we go 2 or 3 times a year and love the resorts. A few years ago, at a pool bar during happy hour, there were a group of owners that were laughing at themselves for buying based on many lies. One guy made the comment and the others agreed that it all turned out great as they all had years of great vacations - even though they were originally coerced to buy.

Anyway, just some points to consider,
Mike
After going back to the office to rescind because what the sales person told us was not in the contract The member service lady asured us the things told was doable and gave us a document to
state the same facts in a different order but with a document to prove what was said. In order to qualify for the change we would need to have at least $150,000 in equity which the agent assured us we had. We do not and this new contract was obtained under false pretenses and LYIES. So have I been scammed or just lied to written in the contract?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
After going back to the office to rescind because what the sales person told us was not in the contract The member service lady asured us the things told was doable and gave us a document to
state the same facts in a different order but with a document to prove what was said. In order to qualify for the change we would need to have at least $150,000 in equity which the agent assured us we had. We do not and this new contract was obtained under false pretenses and LYIES. So have I been scammed or just lied to written in the contract?
If what you were told was NOT in the contract, you were lied to. The seller, WILL abide by what's in the contract. They will not abide by a salesweasel's words.

You WILL NOT get help rescinding at the sales office. If you went there to rescind, and ended up not doing it, we can't help. If you are still at the resort, get an appointment with Owner Services. Then stick to your guns. Don't let them change your mind.

Jim

rollingtrain

TUG Member
Reaction score
If what you were told was NOT in the contract, you were lied to. The seller, WILL abide by what's in the contract. They will not abide by a salesweasel's words.

You WILL NOT get help rescinding at the sales office. If you went there to rescind, and ended up not doing it, we can't help. If you are still at the resort, get an appointment with Owner Services. Then stick to your guns. Don't let them change your mind.

Jim

Jim
This was owner services that altered the contract to read as the sales person stated Just saying this should be illegal.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Our contract has a huge equity amount that can be used towards the purchase of a full-time ownership residence - that is in one of the last pages of the contract documents. We have spent less than 1/2 of that amount in original purchase in 1999 and various upgrades and resale purchases through 2013. The "equity" is good for 10 years from the date of the contract.

It is just another smoke and mirrors "benefit".

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Please note - you are responding to a post from 2017!

rpennisi

Reaction score
I think the responses are more for the benefit of rollingtrain even though the thread is from 2017 :unsure: