• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Late deposit in II

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
Due to my usual procrastination I left it too late to book this years October half term break at Playa Andaluza and was left with a few dates that were of no use to us. Consequently I relinquished the week to Marriott who deposited it with II (a week in March 2017).

Having logged into Interval to see what my exchange options are I am only able to see exchanges up to the end of March 2017 despite the deposit being valid for three years and the week has 'late deposit' written against it.

Is this usual for II to restrict exchange possibilities? It seems like a petty vindictiveness to punish you for depositing late. I really do hate using II at the best of times, this is just the icing on the cake and is likely to be the catalyst for not renewing membership.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
It sounds like it must have been the first March week; if you deposit a week within 60 days of check in, you are restricted to an exchange within 60 days of check in.

Can you contact Marriott to see if they can deposit an alternative week instead?

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Q. What is a Flex Deposit?

• Flexchange is a service Interval offers to members who want to request a vacation exchange on short notice — from 59 days to 24 hours before check-in. You can check Flexchange availabilities at IntervalWorld.com or by calling 800-722-1747.

Additionally, you can make a Flex Deposit if you need to deposit your week 59 to 14 days prior to the check-in date (no deposits are accepted less than 14 days before your week). You'll then use the Flexchange service to confirm an exchange.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
First, I agree with Scott - check with Marriott to see if you can get a later week to deposit. It may be a long shot but it's worth trying.

I had a flex change deposit in my account for nearly a year and it was frustrating to use because it was also a studio. What I did (based upon reading here on Tug) was to hold off trading until I was within about 5-6 months of my desired travel dates. Starting in August, I did daily searches and when I started to see interesting inventory, I booked an exchange as far out as I could go (60 days - early October) then added eplus. Then I did two retrades, ultimately getting a week that was actually about 5 months out (December). Tuggers on the sightings board - especially Rob - helped me with the searches. I kept one retrade back, just in case I needed to cancel or had an opportunity to upgrade. Your Marriott preference will be a big help here because there won't be nearly as much competition for the weeks.

Ultimately, I traded my flex restricted, replacement week Marriott studio into a one bedroom unit at Ko Olina (was supposed to be Kauai but I ran into airline issues) for the exact dates I needed.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I would contact Marriott and see if they can fix this. They shouldn't have deposited a week for you that was so close to checkin. This is a good reason never to leave it up to Marriott to pick the week for deposit. Since you couldn't get your October week, you should have made something for as far out as possible then did an owner deposit in to II.