• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Las Vegas, Wyndham Grand Desert 2bd Deluxe or Presidential?

Smokatoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking to stay here and I see some two bedrooms in RCI inventory. What appears to be the larger unit with an max occupancy of 8(6 private) goes for 29,920 points vs another unit showing with an max occupancy of 8(4) but for 36,080 points. So I am wondering if the more expensive unit is a Presidential although smaller in terms of privacy occupancy? Can RCI confirm that before I book?

Anyone stay here before and have an opinion if the Presidential is worth the roughly $50 more in points than the Deluxe unit?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Looking to stay here and I see some two bedrooms in RCI inventory. What appears to be the larger unit with an max occupancy of 8(6 private) goes for 29,920 points vs another unit showing with an max occupancy of 8(4) but for 36,080 points. So I am wondering if the more expensive unit is a Presidential although smaller in terms of privacy occupancy? Can RCI confirm that before I book?

Anyone stay here before and have an opinion if the Presidential is worth the roughly $50 more in points than the Deluxe unit?

The 8/6 unit is a two bedroom deluxe and the 8/4 unit would be a two bedroom lock off unit. Neither is presidential.

Smokatoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Any reason they charge more for the lock off?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Thanks for the info. Any reason they charge more for the lock off?

The lock off units at Grand Desert are a one bedroom suite and a one bedroom deluxe unit, so two units. At the Wyndham resorts that I've booked at lock off units are always more points to book than the two bedroom deluxe units.

If you are traveling with another couple the lock off units are very nice as each couple has their own space and a king bed. In the two bedroom deluxe the second bedroom is two double beds.

Last year I had a lock off unit and it didn't work out for our friends to be able to come so I rented the other side. I used the one bedroom deluxe side for us and rented out the one bedroom suite side. When you check in you tell them that your credit card is for the security deposit only and that you don't give permission for anything to be charged to the unit. You list the guests names as staying in one bedroom suite unit and request separate keys for each unit.

FP_GrandDesert_2B-Lockoff.gif
FP_GrandDesert_2B-Pres.gif

Smokatoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
The lock off units at Grand Desert are a one bedroom suite and a one bedroom deluxe unit, so two units. At the Wyndham resorts that I've booked at lock off units are always more points to book than the two bedroom deluxe units.

If you are traveling with another couple the lock off units are very nice as each couple has their own space and a king bed. In the two bedroom deluxe the second bedroom is two double beds.

Last year I had a lock off unit and it didn't work out for our friends to be able to come so I rented the other side. I used the one bedroom deluxe side for us and rented out the one bedroom suite side. When you check in you tell them that your credit card is for the security deposit only and that you don't give permission for anything to be charged to the unit. You list the guests names as staying in one bedroom suite unit and request separate keys for each unit.

Thank you so much for the detailed response! I had looked at those floor plans but dont think I saw that one where the 1bed plans/lockout lined up so that is very helpful. I booked two of the 2 bedroom deluxe's based on them being the lower price value, but almost switched one to the higher points value while I was still in the 24 hour confirmation window hoping it was a presidential unit. You saved me on that front, and that the non-lockout is probably best suited for this particular trip for a bunch of guys next football season with the double beds being better in one of the rooms. Thanks again!

JT62

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is timely for me as I have this resort booked in a week. I have a 8/4 and was having difficulty confirming both bedrooms would have king beds. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
This is timely for me as I have this resort booked in a week. I have a 8/4 and was having difficulty confirming both bedrooms would have king beds. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope you have a great time!

Ellis Island just down the block on Koval St. has some great dinner specials in their restaurant and their own microbrewery. Sunday and Thursday are buy one get one free wood fired pizza, slice or whole pie. You'll see people bringing the pizzas back to the resort and eating them at the pool.

If you are going Downtown to see the Fremont Street Experience you might want to have dinner at the California Hotel. Their Market Street Cafe has a prime rib dinner special for $9.99. It comes with soup or salad bar, baked potato or rice, the usual green beans, and cherries jubilee for dessert. They have other specials, usually a fish which my husband sometimes orders. We've never had a bad meal there. If you are parking there just stop at the main cashier to get your parking ticket validated. On our last visit to Vegas we saw the Gordie Brown show at the Gold Nugget and really enjoyed it.

The Pinball Hall of Fame on East Tropicana is a lot of fun. There is a huge number of machines from the very old ones to the newer ones. They have a change machine if you need quarters.

We always make the time to go see the conservatory at the Bellagio. The flowers and displays are different each time we go.

We enjoyed seeing Human Nature. We saw them when they were at the Imperial Palace but they are now at the Venetian. They introduced themselves by saying "We bet you're wondering what 4 white guys from Australia are doing singing Smokey Robinson/Motown?". Which is exactly what my husband said when I said I wanted to see them after hearing it is a fantastic show.

The Tuscany Inn on Flamingo just down from Koval has some good late night specials and they have cheaper table games than you'll find anywhere on the Strip too.

I bought a ticket for my husband to do the Comedy on Deck Tour of the Hoover Dam because they offered the most extensive tour of the dam and he really enjoyed it. The tour included lunch and at time my husband went also stopped at the Ethel M. chocolate factory at the end of the trip. The chocolate factory tour is pretty lame but the Cactus Garden at Ethel M. is worth visiting and they are free. I arranged to pick him up there as I enjoy the Cactus Garden.

We eat breakfast in our unit but always go out to breakfast once each trip to either the Omelet House or Egg and I.

We always try a few new things, activities, shows, restaurants, each trip to Vegas through the deals I get on Groupon, Living Social and Travelzoo. You might want to check them out.