• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lakeshore Reserve

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Destination Points
I currently have an exchange from Interval for a 3BR villa at Lakeshore in September. From the code on Interval--Unit: HTBBV-- it appears to be a 3BR townhome(2 story). I was thrilled to get a 3 bedroom at lakeshore as i have heard many good things about lakeshore and given our group for this trip the 3 Bedroom would work best. When i look at the floor plan though it appears as though the flow is broken up somewhat by having the kitchen and dining room blocked off from the living area. Also the kitchen looks small for that big of a unit. I am considering looking for a 3BR at Grande Vista or Imperial Palms to have a more open floor plan. Just wondering what other Tuggers think who have stayed at Lakeshore in the 3BR.

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lakeshore Reserve is the queen of the MVCI resorts in Orlando. Most period would jump for joy to get one of the townhouses at LR. The facilities are first rate, and the units are beautiful. Imperial Palms is old, tired and lacking the resources of LR. Grande Vista is a bigger resort, with a variety of facilities, but it is not as fine a place as Lakeshore Reserve. There is so much that Lakeshore Reserve has to offer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

LUV2TRVL2HI

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at Imperial Palms and have stayed at Lakeshore Reserve numerous times. We agree that Lakeshore is the top of the line when it comes to Marriott timeshares in Orlando. The grounds and lazy river pool are fantastic! We stayed in a 3 BR townhouse last Fall, and were disappointed in how tight it felt with just 8 people in the unit. We don't remember the living room being separated from the dining and kitchen areas. As a matter of fact, we remember that the dining table felt like it was squeezed in between the sofa and the wall, and the kitchen was very small! Maybe there is more than one floorplan for the 3 BR townhouse. Although we love Lakeshore Reserve, I think that in the future we will just stay at our own Imperial Palms resort when there are that many of us -- the villa is just more open and the grandkids can use the facilities at the adjacent Marriott World Center and its fantastic pools, video game room and other attractions.

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We own at Imperial Palms and have stayed at Lakeshore Reserve numerous times. We agree that Lakeshore is the top of the line when it comes to Marriott timeshares in Orlando. The grounds and lazy river pool are fantastic! We stayed in a 3 BR townhouse last Fall, and were disappointed in how tight it felt with just 8 people in the unit. We don't remember the living room being separated from the dining and kitchen areas. As a matter of fact, we remember that the dining table felt like it was squeezed in between the sofa and the wall, and the kitchen was very small! Maybe there is more than one floorplan for the 3 BR townhouse. Although we love Lakeshore Reserve, I think that in the future we will just stay at our own Imperial Palms resort when there are that many of us -- the villa is just more open and the grandkids can use the facilities at the adjacent Marriott World Center and its fantastic pools, video game room and other attractions.

Did you have a two level villa with a flight of stairs? Thanks for your feedback. I still have time to think it over and see what others say but I appreciate your review. It is supposed to sleep 12 and we don't have that many but a villa that size does seem like it should have a little bit more space in the kitchen. The kitchens at Imperial Palms do look more spacious.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
We also have a Lakeshore Reserve 3 bedroom townhouse via II exchange (TBBV) for this summer. We toured Lakeshore many years back, but never stayed. Looking forward to it.

I've found we love 3 bedrooms at MVC properties. They layouts generally work very well for our needs. So, I'm curious to see the 'townhouse' two floor 3 bedroom layout.

Does it really have the following sleeping with two queens in each non-master bedroom (one downstairs, one upstairs)? We may be bringing 5 or 6 adults and 2 kids, so working through bed logistics in advance.
  • Bedroom 1: 1 King
  • Bedroom 2: 2 Queen
  • Bedroom 3: 2 Queen

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
The newest trend in unit design, across the four systems in which we are members (Marriott, Disney, Hilton and Vistana) is to reduce the size of the unit kitchens. There might be full-size appliances, but the overall space is being reduced and made more efficient. Old resorts like Imperial Palms will have more traditionally sized kitchens, while newer resorts like Lakeshore Reserve will have smaller ones, more like alcoves.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I currently have an exchange from Interval for a 3BR villa at Lakeshore in September. From the code on Interval--Unit: HTBBV-- it appears to be a 3BR townhome(2 story). I was thrilled to get a 3 bedroom at lakeshore as i have heard many good things about lakeshore and given our group for this trip the 3 Bedroom would work best. When i look at the floor plan though it appears as though the flow is broken up somewhat by having the kitchen and dining room blocked off from the living area. Also the kitchen looks small for that big of a unit. I am considering looking for a 3BR at Grande Vista or Imperial Palms to have a more open floor plan. Just wondering what other Tuggers think who have stayed at Lakeshore in the 3BR.

We've stayed at Lakeshore Reserve twice, both times in the 3BR townhouse. It always felt quite spacious and open (see photo link at bottom). The kitchen seemed slightly smaller, but that's only because it had cabinets and appliances on both sides, with an additional window wall, meaning 3 walls. That means it didn't have the most common arrangement of a granite countertop which visually opens into a dining area like most resorts. That makes the Lakeshore Reserve kitchen seem sort of "closed off", but not necessarily a lot smaller. Most resorts have a 2-walled kitchen; Lakeshore has a 3-walled kitchen----no big deal. I suspect the square footage is similar. If you could imagine closing in another wall in any other resort's kitchen, it would be very small too.

The dining area still was very open to the living room (nothing in-between), and frankly had a huge long table, a lot more appropriate for a larger crowd, imho. The living room space was great, and since the dining area was more than adequate, we at no time felt cramped. In fact, the townhouse has an extra perk----it has a nice patio outside the glass doors off the living room, and that adds an extra "living space", if you wish to count that, and both visually and practically it does make a huge difference, as you can enjoy that space as an extension of the living room, especially for morning coffee or afternoon wine. The stairs to the second level was no big deal; rather, it made the living quarters seem much more private between the master BR and the other BRs.

Below please take a good look at the large pool complex at Lakeshore. Notice the big wrap-around layout, which makes for private non-crowded areas---a lazy river, a huge zero-entry area, a deeper area, a large and fun SLIDE for kids (look on right side in picture). It's all mixed in with bridges, gorgeous palm trees and foliage, and it's probably one of the most beautiful pools in the Marriott system (it's among my top 5)...... All of this only steps away from the villas.
Below, THIS is where you'll be spending your time, not in your kitchen.

Please MINIMIZE the box on upper left by clicking on the arrow next to the box, allowing a full view of the map you need to see.
https://goo.gl/maps/AiAaTrJHq392

Which brings me to my other point. Take a look at Imperial Palms' proximity to the World Center Hotel's pool complex.
Well, you'll notice the proximity is NOT so good!!! It's a long hike through the parking lot and up the slight incline.

EDIT: Below in picture: Royal Palms and Imperial Palms are actually REVERSED (wrongly labeled), so please reverse them. Imperial is actually where Royal Palms has the RED PIN. Royal Palms is farther from the hotel, Imperial is closer, but still a good walk. GOOGLEMAPS HAS IT WRONGLY LABELED!!!!!!!
https://goo.gl/maps/x2F6YGx6Y8r

If you think that hotel pool complex is private, think again---it's very crowded! You have access to it, but most of the clientele is from the hotel. Yes, it's attractive, but it still doesn't compare to LR's, imho. There will be umbrellas & gazebos everywhere, and bodies scattered all over. And your friends/companions will all be walking up there separately and at different times, and also taking the long walks back to the villas if they need a nap or a lunch break, etc. It becomes tedious.

All in all, Lakeshore is superior. It's in a class above most other Marriott resorts, while I would rate the 3 Palms resorts lower for OUR selection purposes---- that is, for OUR family and its needs, criteria, and preferences. We wish to exit the unit and jump in a pool. If no kids, and no plans to spend time at a pool, the Palm resorts are OK, but Lakeshore still offers a more luxurious experience.

The Palms unit interior layouts are non-typical in a good way, indeed slightly larger, and also spacious, BUT those facts do not supersede in importance the many plusses of the upscale, impressive, luxurious nature of Lakeshore Reserve. I think it's a no-brainer to stay at LR. Not many ever accomplish a trade into a 3BR villa there. In fact, I am giving one to a dear friend of ours later this year for his family (kids' ages 5,8,11), and he has no clue how gorgeous it will be. I'm letting it remain a surprise. There's a reason it's located adjacent to the Ritz & the JW Marriott Hotel----all 3 are top shelf.

A quick note on Grande Vista, since it was also mentioned: We've stayed there several times, and we love it. It's a very nice resort, great pools, great amenities. But, it's also one of the largest resorts in the Marriott family, and because of the vast number of buildings, you might be assigned to a building which requires a DRIVE to the big pool, or at least a long walk. There are only a few buildings close to the 2 big pools, and owners typically get those. It's definitely not as intimate or luxurious a resort as LR, and not close to LR's higher eschelon.

All of this begs my questions:
What type of group do you actually have?
Will your group actually be spending a lot of time in the kitchen, such that its specs would dictate a resort choice, over the other advantages of the alternative?

I'm hoping you will spend most of your time around the gorgeous pool and grounds. And don't forget the beautiful open-air "den"/lounge area which is part of the Lakeshore clubhouse, which has multiple sofas & chairs, large TVs, etc., etc.

See multiple photos on this site, for example:
(Click on FIRST thumbnail picture on bottom left, and then use advance arrow)
http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/mar...um=photo;utm_term=hotel-282915_photo-74845397

Last edited:

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We've stayed at Lakeshore Reserve twice, both times in the 3BR townhouse. It always felt quite spacious and open (see photo link at bottom). The kitchen seemed slightly smaller, but that's only because it had cabinets and appliances on both sides, with an additional window wall, meaning 3 walls. That means it didn't have the most common arrangement of a granite countertop which visually opens into a dining area like most resorts. That makes the Lakeshore Reserve kitchen seem sort of "closed off", but not necessarily a lot smaller. Most resorts have a 2-walled kitchen; Lakeshore has a 3-walled kitchen----no big deal. I suspect the square footage is similar. If you could imagine closing in another wall in any other resort's kitchen, it would be very small too.

The dining area still was very open to the living room (nothing in-between), and frankly had a huge long table, a lot more appropriate for a larger crowd, imho. The living room space was great, and since the dining area was more than adequate, we at no time felt cramped. In fact, the townhouse has an extra perk----it has a nice patio outside the glass doors off the living room, and that adds an extra "living space", if you wish to count that, and both visually and practically it does make a huge difference, as you can enjoy that space as an extension of the living room, especially for morning coffee or afternoon wine. The stairs to the second level was no big deal; rather, it made the living quarters seem much more private between the master BR and the other BRs.

Below please take a good look at the large pool complex at Lakeshore. Notice the big wrap-around layout, which makes for private non-crowded areas---a lazy river, a huge zero-entry area, a deeper area, a large and fun SLIDE for kids (look on right side in picture). It's all mixed in with bridges, gorgeous palm trees and foliage, and it's probably one of the most beautiful pools in the Marriott system (it's among my top 5)...... All of this only steps away from the villas.
Below, THIS is where you'll be spending your time, not in your kitchen.

Please MINIMIZE the box on upper left by clicking on the arrow next to the box, allowing a full view of the map you need to see.
https://goo.gl/maps/czYK1zXhmCw

Which brings me to my other point. Take a look at Imperial Palms' proximity to the World Center Hotel's pool complex.
Well, you'll notice the proximity is NOT so good!!! It's a long hike through the parking lot and up the slight incline.
https://goo.gl/maps/FJSTUXgPH1w

If you think that hotel pool complex is private, think again---it's very crowded! You have access to it, but most of the clientele is from the hotel. Yes, it's attractive, but it still doesn't compare to LR's, imho. There will be gazebos everywhere, and bodies scattered all over. And your friends/companions will all be walking up there separately and at different times, and also taking the long walks back to the villas if they need a nap or a lunch break, etc. It becomes tedious.

All in all, Lakeshore is far superior. It's in a class above most other Marriott resorts, while the Palms is in the mid-to-lower tier in MY opinion, for OUR family and its needs and preferences. The Palms unit interior layouts are non-typical in a good way, indeed slightly larger, and also spacious, BUT those facts do not supersede in importance the many plusses of the upscale, impressive, luxurious nature of Lakeshore Reserve. I think it's a no-brainer to stay at LR. Not many ever accomplish a trade into a 3BR villa there. In fact, I am giving one to a dear friend of ours later this year for his family (kids' ages 5,8,11), and he has no clue how gorgeous it will be. I'm letting it remain a surprise. There's a reason it's located adjacent to the Ritz & the JW Marriott Hotel----all 3 are top shelf.

A quick note on Grande Vista, since it was also mentioned: We've stayed there several times, and we love it. It's a very nice resort, great pools, great amenities. But, it's also one of the largest resorts in the Marriott family, and because of the vast number of buildings, you might be assigned to a building which requires a DRIVE to the big pool, or at least a long walk. There are only a few buildings close to the 2 big pools, and owners typically get those. It's definitely not as intimate or luxurious a resort as LR, and not close to LR's higher eschelon.

All of this begs my questions:
What type of group do you actually have?
Will your group actually be spending a lot of time in the kitchen, such that its specs would dictate a resort choice, over the other advantages of the alternative?

I'm hoping you will spend most of your time around the gorgeous pool and grounds. And don't forget the beautiful open-air "den"/lounge area which is part of the Lakeshore clubhouse, which has multiple sofas & chairs, large TVs, etc., etc.

See multiple photos on this site, for example:
(Click on FIRST thumbnail picture on bottom left, and then use advance arrow)
http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/mar...um=photo;utm_term=hotel-282915_photo-74845397
Thanks for your perspective and the time you took to share it. You have given me a lot to think about. I do see that the proximity to the hotel complex is much closer than Imperial Palms and that is something that I didn't realize. Also with the map of the resort I can also see how close everything is which makes it very convenient. We probably will do some cooking in the villa so the kitchen doesn't seem as good for that purpose in LR. However I know that getting into LR isn't all that easy and it does look beautiful. Everyone seems to have very good reviews.

amanda14

Pool Education Team Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are staying at Lakeshore in a couple of weeks and our second time in a 3BR. Can't wait to go and IMHO there is no comparison between Lakeshore and MGV.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
What the OP is describing does exist but it is not in all the 3BR townhome units. I started a thread a while back after I experienced the very strange layout and closed off cramped dining room. The entrance straight into the bottom stair post. The cramped living room. It was not a comfortable layout at all. The tiny dead end kitchen that only has enough room for two people to squeeze by.

Later we stayed in another 3BR townhome that did not have this layout. Unfortunately I do not know the unit numbers of the two types of floor plans.

We are huge Lakeshore fans and own there for the day usage but we were not a fan of that weird 3BR unit.

LUV2TRVL2HI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you have a two level villa with a flight of stairs? Thanks for your feedback. I still have time to think it over and see what others say but I appreciate your review. It is supposed to sleep 12 and we don't have that many but a villa that size does seem like it should have a little bit more space in the kitchen. The kitchens at Imperial Palms do look more spacious.
Yes, we had a two level villa. 1st floor had the kitchen/dining/living areas plus King bedroom, full bath and laundry closet. Stairs up led to two additional bedrooms and two full baths. I will check to see if we took any photos while we were there.
As jme reported above, the distance from Imperial Palms to the pool and other activities at Marriott's World Center is farther than at LR, however it is walkable and there is a free shuttle that you can call for whenever you want to go up to the hotel. Also, no big deal but on the map jme provided the location of Royal Palms and Imperial Palms are reversed. Imperial Palms is the smaller building on the left with its own smaller pool. You can also use the pool across the road at Royal Palms as well.

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Yes, we had a two level villa. 1st floor had the kitchen/dining/living areas plus King bedroom, full bath and laundry closet. Stairs up led to two additional bedrooms and two full baths. I will check to see if we took any photos while we were there.
As jme reported above, the distance from Imperial Palms to the pool and other activities at Marriott's World Center is farther than at LR, however it is walkable and there is a free shuttle that you can call for whenever you want to go up to the hotel. Also, no big deal but on the map jme provided the location of Royal Palms and Imperial Palms are reversed. Imperial Palms is the smaller building on the left with its own smaller pool. You can also use the pool across the road at Royal Palms as well.

Thanks for catching that. Googlemaps has the two resorts wrongly labeled, so Imperial is actually closer, and located where it says "Royal Palms". I edited my comments above with a disclaimer next to the map link. The map still shows the two names reversed. I didn't catch it, even tho I've stayed there!!!! Sheesh.

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What the OP is describing does exist but it is not in all the 3BR townhome units. I started a thread a while back after I experienced the very strange layout and closed off cramped dining room. The entrance straight into the bottom stair post. The cramped living room. It was not a comfortable layout at all. The tiny dead end kitchen that only has enough room for two people to squeeze by.

Later we stayed in another 3BR townhome that did not have this layout. Unfortunately I do not know the unit numbers of the two types of floor plans.

We are huge Lakeshore fans and own there for the day usage but we were not a fan of that weird 3BR unit.

Thanks for your review. It must be that not all the 3BRs have the same layout and like you say no way to know what we could get. I looked on MVC website under floorplans and the 3BR floorplan looks as you describe. It just does not appeal to me-odd too that a villa that can sleep 12 people would have such a small kitchen. We won't have that many but since we are a group of 5 or 6 we will likely be cooking breakfasts and maybe some dinners. I know when there is a large family generally people will cook in more than going out to eat all meals. I also was looking more for an open floor plan so if one of us is cooking we are not so separated from the rest of the group. May retrade into Grande Vista for this trip and try for Lakeshore another time when it is just my husband and me. I've been to Grande Vista a number of times and we do like the resort very much so don't feel we can go wrong there.

Katfan

Reaction score
I think you would be making a big mistake by retrading. We own the 3 bedroom townhouse and have stayed there twice with 6 people. We were not aware even as owners of the different floor plans but asked for the master on the 2nd floor both times(FIL with mobility issues). Villa was perfect for 6, probably ok for 8. And you get privileges at JW and RC. Hard to find a better upscale laid-back experience but close to the action location in Orlando. Just my opinion and really hoping everyone really stays away so my home resort remains that way. I really should just delete this post!

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We also have a Lakeshore Reserve 3 bedroom townhouse via II exchange (TBBV) for this summer. We toured Lakeshore many years back, but never stayed. Looking forward to it.

I've found we love 3 bedrooms at MVC properties. They layouts generally work very well for our needs. So, I'm curious to see the 'townhouse' two floor 3 bedroom layout.

Does it really have the following sleeping with two queens in each non-master bedroom (one downstairs, one upstairs)? We may be bringing 5 or 6 adults and 2 kids, so working through bed logistics in advance.
  • Bedroom 1: 1 King
  • Bedroom 2: 2 Queen
  • Bedroom 3: 2 Queen
What I have seen on the floorplan for the 3BR townhome is one bedroom downstairs with 2 Queens, one bedroom upstairs with 2 Queens and the master upstairs with King. There also appears to be single level 3 BR unit with the more typical villa layout. MVC website has the various floorplans so you can see.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
My comments do not specifically address the 3BR comparisons, because we have never stayed in a 3BR in Orlando. However, I have no doubt that we would prefer Lakeshore's 3BR to those at Imperial Palms and Grande Vista because we much prefer Lakeshore to Grande Vista generally, and we do not really like the location of Imperial Palms within the World Center complex. Having said that, we are in the minority in that we prefer both Sabal Palms and Cypress Harbour to Lakeshore, which is only our third favorite MVCI resort in Orlando.

Reactions: jme

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
My comments do not specifically address the 3BR comparisons, because we have never stayed in a 3BR in Orlando. However, I have no doubt that we would prefer Lakeshore's 3BR to those at Imperial Palms and Grande Vista because we much prefer Lakeshore to Grande Vista generally, and we do not really like the location of Imperial Palms within the World Center complex. Having said that, we are in the minority in that we prefer both Sabal Palms and Cypress Harbour to Lakeshore, which is only our third favorite MVCI resort in Orlando.
Never been to Lakeshore. Have been to Royal palms and did not like it at all, too far to the main complex and heavy traffic noise. Love the Sabal Palms, has its own pool and all of the main complex facilities are in walking distance. The Cypress harbor is also very nice but prefer Sabal palms over it.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Never been to Lakeshore. Have been to Royal palms and did not like it at all, too far to the main complex and heavy traffic noise. Love the Sabal Palms, has its own pool and all of the main complex facilities are in walking distance. The Cypress harbor is also very nice but prefer Sabal palms over it.
I agree totally with your evaluation of Sabal Palms, Royal Palms and Cypress Harbour.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even though I didn't like one of the 3BR town home floor plans, I agree with the others. Lakeshore is worth it to stick with. There really isn't any comparison and unlike Grande Vista you have zero chance of being placed far away from the main pool areas.

amanda14

Pool Education Team Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
At Lakeshore now in a 3br and continue to just love it. I think our unit is an ADA compliant one based on the doorbell outside it, zero entry shower and a couple of other tell tale signs. Doesn't matter to us, it's terrific.