• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar [Merged]

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
What does everyone do for connectivity when outside of the resort?

Mexico is included in Verizon plan if you have XL plan or higher. Otherwise it is approx $2/day if you add on travel pass.

blondietink

Reaction score
I think last year we paid $5.00 extra on our Verizon bill. Not sure if we will do it this time as there is really nobody we need to connect to at home anymore if an emergency. :-( Also, if you get an APP called WhatsAPP, you can connect to anybody anywhere with a WiFi connection. Does not eat up your data. We used this in Italy and it worked great to keep in contact with friends/family. Again, all you need is a wifi signal to use it.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
I'm Canadian, don't have the option of Verizon or sprint. My company pays for my line, but they don't want me to use data down there as it gets expensive.

Thanks though. Looking for some sort of hotspot device.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I'm Canadian, don't have the option of Verizon or sprint. My company pays for my line, but they don't want me to use data down there as it gets expensive.

Thanks though. Looking for some sort of hotspot device.
If they don't want you to use data there, it sounds like a good excuse to tell them you don't plan to work while you are down there :D

blondietink

Reaction score
The free wifi at the resort works very well. Is there some reason you would need to work when touring and doing fun things around Cancun instead of at the resort?

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they don't want you to use data there, it sounds like a good excuse to tell them you don't plan to work while you are down there :D
Take this advice. I wish I could do the same but can't.

If one of my staff asks if they be reimbursed for internet fees while he/she is out and they will work remotely, I would say send me the bill...:D

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots of folks I know (also Canadian) use Roam Mobility. I've never tried it myself, but might be worth checking out

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
I don't plan on working when I'm down there.
The wifi is just for other reasons like trading :) when I'm not on the resort.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Does anyone know if Lagunamar or the Westin hotel offers any kind of transportation between the two properties?

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
No but the local bus is very easy to use and inexpensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
No but the local bus is very easy to use and inexpensive.

Yeah, but not as easy with luggage in tow. We may have to look in to taxi or other transfer service.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I just want to say, I really appreciate this thread, for all the great suggestions on restaurants, transportation ,sights etc.
Thank you!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I just want to say, I really appreciate this thread, for all the great suggestions on restaurants, transportation ,sights etc.
Thank you!
I think this has almost become the de facto "official" Lagunamar thread.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
I think this has almost become the de facto "official" Lagunamar thread.
I just left Harborside and met a Lagunamar owner while there who said the resort has a shuttle from airport but you need to pay for it so I just e mailed them about it--he said a lot if the taxis were in bad shape--since my husband has cancer I would prefer to use shuttle if that is an option

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I just left Harborside and met a Lagunamar owner while there who said the resort has a shuttle from airport but you need to pay for it so I just e mailed them about it--he said a lot if the taxis were in bad shape--since my husband has cancer I would prefer to use shuttle if that is an option
The shuttle service that Lagunamar uses is through a company called The One. The charge is $85 round trip. Save the $30 and book through a company like USA Transfers. You can't even take a taxi from the airport to the property. Though a taxi back is rather easy. We emailed the concierge about transportation from the Westin Hotel to Lagunamar, and they confirmed that they don't have any. Though they have been rather aggressive about wanting our checkin details to try to sign us up for their airport transfers. Have to email them back that we are not interested.

blondietink

Reaction score

We have used USA Transfers for every trip to Lagunamar. I will say that their shuttles are very clean and roomy. They are also always on time for the return to the airport. As dioxide45 said, save some money and use them instead of the hotel shuttle. You can book with them online.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sam's Club Travel also has good deals on activities in Cancun and elsewhere. The trip to/from the airport is $5.88 each way to the hotels in the Hotel Zone. I also booked a Chichen Itza tour with transportation to/from Riviera Maya for $31.71.

Never new Sam's club did this....went to check out for another location and got this......

Dear Member,

Beginning January 1, 2017, Sam's Club will suspend its travel services. However, please be assured that if you've already made a reservation, your travel plans are safe and secure and will still be fulfilled.

If you have questions about your reservation, please call Tourico Holidays at 855-680-6663. Or contact here.

Please check back here for updates. In the meantime, check out other great values at Samsclub.com.

Thank you,
Member Services

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Never new Sam's club did this....went to check out for another location and got this......

Dear Member,

Beginning January 1, 2017, Sam's Club will suspend its travel services. However, please be assured that if you've already made a reservation, your travel plans are safe and secure and will still be fulfilled.

If you have questions about your reservation, please call Tourico Holidays at 855-680-6663. Or contact here.

Please check back here for updates. In the meantime, check out other great values at Samsclub.com.

Thank you,
Member Services
This isn't the first time Sam's has suspended their travel services. We used their travel services many years ago and remember them suspending it then. This seems to be nothing new for Sam's. I actually didn't kn ow that they had started offering travel services again until this thread.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
Definitely use USA transfer. They are cheaper than the hotel, on time and very nice.

We really enjoyed Puerto Madero for an expensive dinner out. And for casual dining Blue Gecko. It's a bit down the road, closer to the Westin. Great tacos, owner very friendly.

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
The shuttle service that Lagunamar uses is through a company called The One. The charge is $85 round trip. Save the $30 and book through a company like USA Transfers. You can't even take a taxi from the airport to the property. Though a taxi back is rather easy. We emailed the concierge about transportation from the Westin Hotel to Lagunamar, and they confirmed that they don't have any. Though they have been rather aggressive about wanting our checkin details to try to sign us up for their airport transfers. Have to email them back that we are not interested.

Why can't I take a taxi from the airport to Lagunamar? That sounds very strange.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Why can't I take a taxi from the airport to Lagunamar? That sounds very strange.
Perhaps should have been more clear. You can't simply hail a taxi like you would on the street on the cheap. The taxi prices from the airport are non negotiable and their rates are not really all that competitive compared to private prearranged transportation. Definitely much more expensive than shared shuttles.

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps should have been more clear. You can't simply hail a taxi like you would on the street on the cheap. The taxi prices from the airport are non negotiable and their rates are not really all that competitive compared to private prearranged transportation. Definitely much more expensive than shared shuttles.

Thanks very much. I would have just taken a taxi, but better look into a transfer now.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
So true. First visit miles flights. Arrived evening early. Cheap airport hotel. Taxi cost as much as hotel and it was a 5 min ride.