• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar [Merged]

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
For a Spa check out the Gem Spa at Grand Fiesta America. The Spa at WLR isn't much to write home about. I haven't done a massage there. My friend did a manicure there and said it was fine but hotel pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
We did most of our shopping at Soriona the last trip, but I wasn't happy with the meat selection. The chicken was OK, but the meats weren't great looking. That's why I wanted to try out Costco. Also like the liquor store across the street on the way to/from Soriona.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
For a Spa check out the Gem Spa at Grand Fiesta America. The Spa at WLR isn't much to write home about. I haven't done a massage there. My friend did a manicure there and said it was fine but hotel pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, will check it out!

elleny76

Reaction score
Definitely go to Costco for meat. We take the bus to Walmart, walk a few blocks to Costco then a taxi back to Lagunamar. The grocery stores on the strip and the liquor store have everything else you need.
Do we need the Costco membership in Cancun? We use Sam's club only thanks

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
Yes, I believe you will probably need their membership to get in. However, here in the US I know you can get in without a membership if you have a Costco gift card to use.

LJT

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
First visit to WLR and we love it! We are so impressed. Have a great room in Bldg 9 7th floor. Amazing view. It is windy but beautiful. Staff has been wonderful so far. Had dinner at Fish Fritanga and enjoyed it. So glad I took Tuggers advice to come here. Closer and cheaper than Maui - although we will be there in June! Thanks everyone!

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
I vote we remove this thread!

There is way to many positive posts!

The more it gets bragged about the more popular it will become. Then we will have a harder time getting weeks there!!

Who's with me!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I vote we remove this thread!

There is way to many positive posts!

The more it gets bragged about the more popular it will become. Then we will have a harder time getting weeks there!!

Who's with me!

Yeah, we need to have this whole thread deleted and a new one started talking about how the place is just a dump.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we need to have this whole thread deleted and a new one started talking about how the place is just a dump.
Pretty sure your to blame for most of this!

LJT

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I was too positive!:thumbup: I'll stop sending pics to folks back home and won't post on Facebook either! We can keep it a TUG secret!:wave: See you all on the beach!

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I was too positive!:thumbup: I'll stop sending pics to folks back home and won't post on Facebook either! We can keep it a TUG secret!:wave: See you all on the beach!
That sounds more like it! Keep up the good work.;)

Reactions: LJT

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I was too positive! I'll stop sending pics to folks back home and won't post on Facebook either! We can keep it a TUG secret!:wave: See you all on the beach!
Vacation what vacation?

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
How about a private forum for the positive TS reviews?

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lagunamar is one of the worst places we have ever visited. People should avoid at all costs. Pools are small, rooms are tired, and the beach is ugly.

Snowonbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Harborside, Diamond Resorts
Yes, I believe you will probably need their membership to get in. However, here in the US I know you can get in without a membership if you have a Costco gift card to use.

Snowonbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Harborside, Diamond Resorts
I think we've always used our membership card at Costco to get in. I don't know which credit cards they take now with Canada switching to MasterCard and the US to VISA.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I think we've always used our membership card at Costco to get in. I don't know which credit cards they take now with Canada switching to MasterCard and the US to VISA.
Some information here. Looks like as of 2014 they accept all different credit cards, but they have a 4% surcharge if you use one.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
We really didn't enjoy our buffet style meal at Oceano. We might try it again when the kids are grown but it's no fun with young kids. You end up constantly sending one adult to fetch food for the entire family of four. Also, the patio furniture is really lightweight and unstable; just the slightest disturbance on one end of the table can easily upset a wine glass on the other.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh you guys are terrible!!! Cancelling our first trip to Lagunamar because of all the negative responses. ;):rolleyes: NOT!! lol

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Oh you guys are terrible!!! Cancelling our first trip to Lagunamar because of all the negative responses. ;):rolleyes: NOT!! lol
No no. You need to listen to us, the oh wise ones. You must cancel. Lagunamar isn't worth the trip.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
No no. You need to listen to us, the oh wise ones. You must cancel. Lagunamar isn't worth the trip.

If they would just read all the posts!!! There is one on here about all the chair hogging going on! Another post stating the pools are all going to be closed or at least the ones that are worth being at!
I won't even get started on the thread with all the high pressure sales people.

It was good while it lasted but we need people to try other less popular places to find our next new best place to visit!