• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagoon Tower 3 bedroom lock off

MattnTricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of a lockoff 3 bedroom?

Curious if it is a 2 bedroom ocean view with a lock off 3rd bedroom or 2 bedroom ocean front with a lock off.

I am also assuming no floor to ceiling window which is a huge bummer compared to the dedicated 3 bedroom units.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Curious if it is a 2 bedroom ocean view with a lock off 3rd bedroom or 2 bedroom ocean front with a lock off.

I am also assuming no floor to ceiling window which is a huge bummer compared to the dedicated 3 bedroom units.

All penthouse units are on the 24th floor and have floor to ceiling windows. The two oceanfront units are dedicated three bedroom units. The Lagoon Tower three bedroom lockoff would be ocean view. See studios in the penthouse floor plan below. I've had A, C, D and H.

My pictures of the two bedroom ocean view penthouse ("D" from the floor plan without the studio) - https://www.flickr.com/photos/40089311@N05/albums/72157620820305657
TUG member's video of the three bedroom ocean view penthouse ("A" from the floor plan with the attached studio) - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235057

43586.jpg

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I had a 3br lock off on the Diamond Head side.

Floor to ceiling windows for sure.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Word of warning, in 2470 the master is right below the elevator equipment. You hear the switching and whining from the elevator all day long.
I have stayed in a,b,g,h and k. Love the four corners as they have a humungous wrap around balcony. Bad part about the penthouse is the long waits for elevators.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)

They oceanfront 3br are dedicated 3br units. Actually the 4 corners are all dedicated 3br units. The lockoffs are only on the sides of the building.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Which 3 BR Unit is Which when you book?

All penthouse units are on the 24th floor and have floor to ceiling windows. The two oceanfront units are dedicated three bedroom units. The Lagoon Tower three bedroom lockoff would be ocean view. See studios in the penthouse floor plan below. I've had A, C, D and H.

My pictures of the two bedroom ocean view penthouse ("D" from the floor plan without the studio) - https://www.flickr.com/photos/40089311@N05/albums/72157620820305657
TUG member's video of the three bedroom ocean view penthouse ("A" from the floor plan with the attached studio) - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235057

43586.jpg

We were able to reserve a 3 BR Penthouse with 2.5 baths for next April. I don't believe it is a lockoff but in the description it did specify 2.5 baths. What letter unit would that be in the layout?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
We were able to reserve a 3 BR Penthouse with 2.5 baths for next April. I don't believe it is a lockoff but in the description it did specify 2.5 baths. What letter unit would that be in the layout?

It's the dedicated three bedroom oceanfront unit on the diamond head side (letter "G")
It was reported on TUG that the two bedrooms upstairs share a bathroom. There are two separate sink areas but an over-sized common bath with two doors. The master bedroom downstairs has it's own bathroom and there is a half bath below the stairs

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96463
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245903

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Per the Lagoon Tower HOA documents, letters A, D, K are two bedroom penthouse units however since each one is next door to a studio it can be made into a three bedroom unit.

Letter A has a weird setup. It had two rooms numbers but it only has one main entrance. The studio side has it's own mini fridge and microwave but not a separate entrance. It may be hard to tell in the video link in post #2 above. I'll try to see if I have any pictures from my 2014 RCI exchange.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=699229&postcount=15

Last edited:

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Wow that will be perfect

It's the dedicated three bedroom oceanfront unit on the diamond head side (letter "G")
It was reported on TUG that the two bedrooms upstairs share a bathroom. There are two separate sink areas but an over-sized common bath with two doors. The master bedroom downstairs has it's own bathroom and there is a half bath below the stairs

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96463
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245903

Thank you Alwysonvac for that information. We are having our Daughter, SIL, and two Grandchildren join us for 10 days and this unit will be perfect. Having the Diamond Head side ocean front is just what I wanted, The Master Bedroom downstairs will work great for my husband and I. The two bedrooms upstairs with the shared bathroom for the four of them is exactly how they live at home.

MIDisfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Per the Lagoon Tower HOA documents, letters A, D, K are two bedroom penthouse units however since each one is next door to a studio it can be made into a three bedroom unit.

Letter A has a weird setup. It had two rooms numbers but it only has one main entrance. The studio side has it's own mini fridge and microwave but not a separate entrance. It may be hard to tell in the video link in post #2 above. I'll try to see if I have any pictures from my 2014 RCI exchange.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=699229&postcount=15

We just stayed in this unit last month, 2472/73. We slept in the studio portion and never heard any noise from the elevators, however my Daughter and SIL stayed in the bedroom above and said you could hear the noise constantly. It must not have been too bad though because they are already asking to go back.

We really had a great time at this resort. We added a few nights at Aulani to the end of the trip, but if I had to pick one resort over the other, I would go with Hilton.

MattnTricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info

Exactly what I needed.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Updated to add TUG Member’s experience with a 2.5 bath penthouse reservation.
Assigned three bedroom ocean view unit.

In 2018 we reserved a Penthouse Unit when our Daughter, Son-in Law, and Grandchildren came for 10 days including Easter Break we thought we had an Ocean Front 3 BR Penthouse with 2.5 Baths. We couldn't believe we were able to reserve a Penthouse Unit for 10 days during that time frame. However, when we talked to the front desk staff that we knew they said that the Penthouse Units are assigned by the Front Desk Management on a week by week basis and they didn't know what unit we would get. We got the unit that is right over the front entrance which had excellent Diamond Head and Mountain Views as well as an Ocean view. The Luau was Performing at that time and the Grandkids got a kick out of looking down and seeing it from the Lanai.

Everyone was extremely happy having so much space in the bedrooms and the common areas and the fantastic views. Many times we have vacationed with the same group in a 2 BR unit since the resort didn't have 3 BR units and we are cramped and Papa and I stay on the pull out couch since we rise at 5AM for Coffee and Breakfast and the rest sleep later.

Last edited: