• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ladies . . . LuLa Roe . . . yes or no?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
My sister and I were a team, but I had her buy me out this month due to medical conditions. I love their Maxi skirts, Perfect T's and Classic T's. I also have in my closet, Cassie (pencil skirt) Lola, (skirt) Irma (highlow shirt) Azure (skirt). Several Lindsays (layering piece) and a few leggings.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
Thanks for everyone's input/thoughts. Yeah, no way I'd be a consultant . . . I'm supportive of my sister's efforts, but I personally have plenty of my own concerns & issues with MLM efforts by such companies.

15965553_10208299708831357_5162038531892393371_n.jpg

Bought the purple leggings to match a top, but they also match the jersey I'll be wearing storm chasing this spring.

I am wearing my purple leggings right now!!!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
No link the article?

That said, I know that LLR has had huge quality issues . . . for several reasons. The biggest I've heard is that their legging fabric is "brushed" to get that trademark "buttery" feeling. Some of their production places have overdone the brushing I guess.

All of their stuff that I've bought has been manufactured in either China or Vietnam. That leads to another sorta issue for me . . . it probably cost them $3 to make these things . . . and they sell for $25 (+tax and usually shipping). I doubt I'll be paying for any more (I've bought 3 pairs) . . . I have also won 3 pairs from a variety of online (Facebook) group contests. Actually, I sorta hope I never pay retail for anything from them again . . . except maybe from my sister.

The leggings are double brushed, all the fabric is made here in the USA, it is shipped to Vietnam, China, Japan, Guatemala etc. etc. to be sown, then shipped back here. The employees at companies that make sew the products, are making living wages, and are visited by the LuLaRoe to insure everything is above board.

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The link is there -- just click on the "Pants rip like toilet paper" text in my post.

I didn't think I needed to explicitly say "here is the link". :rolleyes:
It was imbedded just fine. Had no problem getting to it. Maybe not all browser formats make it obvious. When the words are Blue, tells me "embedded link.".

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
The leggings are double brushed, all the fabric is made here in the USA, it is shipped to Vietnam, China, Japan, Guatemala etc. etc. to be sown, then shipped back here. The employees at companies that make sew the products, are making living wages, and are visited by the LuLaRoe to insure everything is above board.
What's the actual fiber content of a LLR legging?' I spent 16years working in the rag and fiber industry. You can only "brush" certain fibers and even those are at risk of breaking down more quickly with use. Softness can be introduced chemically or with a higher denier fiber (think microfiber). Almost always synthetic.

Manufacturing the fabric in the US and then exporting for assembly is kinda back-asswards from industry standard. Usually it's the other way around to get the "Made in the USA" stamp. Also, be aware that not all cotton comes from the US and certain not all of it has fibers long enough to be spun with enough a tensil strength to hold up after being "brushed" for softness.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The link is there -- just click on the "Pants rip like toilet paper" text in my post.I didn't think I needed to explicitly say "here is the link". :rolleyes:
It helps.
I checked my labels. My stuff was made in China, Mexico or USA. Whew!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
What's the actual fiber content of a LLR legging?' I spent 16years working in the rag and fiber industry. You can only "brush" certain fibers and even those are at risk of breaking down more quickly with use. Softness can be introduced chemically or with a higher denier fiber (think microfiber). Almost always synthetic.

Manufacturing the fabric in the US and then exporting for assembly is kinda back-asswards from industry standard. Usually it's the other way around to get the "Made in the USA" stamp. Also, be aware that not all cotton comes from the US and certain not all of it has fibers long enough to be spun with enough a tensil strength to hold up after being "brushed" for softness.

At this point, I wish I had kept my booklet, so I could tell you more information. From what I can remember off hand regarding leggings, it came from the "silky/slinky" material which is then double brushed to get the "butter" feeling.
As for fiber content, I have no clue, as i did not work with that department. I also am not sure why some of my shirts pill and others do not.

We as a team, went from no more than 1500 pieces per fabric pattern, to 12000+ per fabric pattern. Less than 1300 rep to over 3000 in a matter of months, keep in mind that included those on the wait list that was months long.
Understandably, this caused mass production, which caused issues with the leggings. Starting with the leggings not being sown right, 3+ inch difference in the length of the legs to the sizes not being accurate. These issues have been fixed.

I was unable to listen to anymore weekly conference calls, since August, had to limit my internet time, and even had to give up driving because I have been so sick. Which is why my sister was willing to buy me out of my inventory and become solo. None of my 4 pairs of leggings I own ever had any hole issues or tearing like a tissue, however I only have 1 pair from the mass changes we saw as the company grew, and it was when we got 13 pairs of green and yellow rhino leggings.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We as a team, went from no more than 1500 pieces per fabric pattern, to 12000+ per fabric pattern.

and it was when we got 13 pairs of green and yellow rhino leggings.

Part of the appeal of LLR was supposed to be that no one else nearby would have the same pattern. Upping the production of one design negates that perk.
And sending 13 identical patterns was just plain lazy, or overworked staff. The poor consultant trying to sell those.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Part of the appeal of LLR was supposed to be that no one else nearby would have the same pattern. Upping the production of one design negates that perk.
And sending 13 identical patterns was just plain lazy, or overworked staff. The poor consultant trying to sell those.
Exactly. It's what make people who buy this stuff keep coming back for more to get those unique "unicorn" patterned products.

Outsourcing the production, lowering the quality of the fabric and construction and over-producing patterns marketed as "unique" is a recipe for disaster, especially for a fast-growing clothing line. Same thing happened to the Nasty Gal boutique line "girl-boss" company. Went from $0MM to $100MM in a six-year window then on to bankruptcy.

Sad for the consultants trying to build home-based businesses.

Kel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never heard of LuLa Roe. Most of it looks like workout clothes. I might wear it or something like it to the gym. :)

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never heard of LuLa Roe. Most of it looks like workout clothes. I might wear it or something like it to the gym. :)
Never heard of it either Kel until about 6 months ago when my niece got pulled into and started bombarding my FB with all of her PopUp parties. Have learned a lot since then, mostly about what I don't like about it. Which is pretty much everything. :rolleyes:

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Admittedly, there is a lot to dislike about it. For someone with compulsive buying habits (and their family) I can see where it could be a nightmare. I'll admit I've gotten caught up in the "freebies" or "LuLa Cash" contests . . . they are EVERYWHERE on Facebook. The consultants must be pressured (or contractually forced?) into participating in the various gimmicks to get people to promote the LLR brand.

So far, about two months "into it" . . . I own 7 pairs of leggings (bought 3 from my sister and 1 from an online shop; and won 3). I also own 2 tops of which I bought 1 and won the other 2.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

My hubby said the same thing when he first saw them. But he's also realized some of the styles and patterns are really not "just" workout type clothing.

Funny, the other night there was a commercial on TV for workout "pants" . . . they were black leggings and selling for like 2 pairs for $20. Since the LLR craze is limited in black solids, someone was on the ball promoting something that seemingly you can't find shopping LLR right now . . . and the shopping psyche of people is that they will want what that which they can't get even more.

I'll admit, I really wanted a plain solid pair of black leggings so I bought an outfit, but swapped the top that was originally paired with the leggings. The top I found in the consultant's inventory was a perfect match color-wise, to a couple of the pairs of leggings I already had . . . so I felt like that was a good win-win for me.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yoga pants and a pencil leg pant have been around for years, as have leggings. Many come in a solid black and have seen others that are patterned and very colorful. None of that is new and I won't get into a debate of "are they pants or not." Am an advocate for people wearing what speaks to them for comfort and style.

What I can't support however is the nearly cult-like marketing approach that sells in away that encourages addiction. The limited addition approach to the popup parties and unicorn patterns promotes that thinking. It targets the enodorphens in the brain that trigger a "must have" push simply because it's "limited" and the pull to "get it for free" keeps people coming back -- like playing the lottery, except with clothing. People buy more hoping they will "get lucky" at the next contest.

It's not the first consumer product that markets like this, nor will it be the last.. The difference is that there are a lot of really hard-working consultants out there that don't realize this is what they are doing and when the company tanks, they are going to be left with both inventory, debt and a lot of unhappy friends.

My own personal attitude specific to addictive spending is "no, we live in America, not going to queue up for anything if I don't have to and if it's not available via source A, then try B, C, D, etc." While I do not dislike some of the styles and patterns of LLR, and Von is rockin' it like she owns it :thumbup:, none of it is so over the top fabulous that entices me to battle to get it.

Not speaking from a place here where I am unwilling to pay high $$ and drop coin for a high quality name brand, to give perspective. Own plenty of that kind of product. But I didn't have to do battle, enter a contest or wait for the next popup to get it.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I hear you. I struggle with the general marketing concept which drives the prices up higher than I want to pay for a top or lettings (to Geekette's point). I have found that most of the consultants selling LLR offer all sorts of contests and reward participation with freebies. I've won several pairs of free leggings and some "LuLaCash" (gift certificates some consultants offer) that has made the stuff I'd like and would wear more affordable.
I have a multi-consultant group that I follow that has a clearance sales once a month and get the tops for $10 off and the leggings for $5.00 off and free shipping...I'm a sale shopper...LOL

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have a multi-consultant group that I follow that has a clearance sales once a month and get the tops for $10 off and the leggings for $5.00 off and free shipping...I'm a sale shopper...LOL

Care to share? I'd love to connect with the bargain rack of LLR!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
I wore a beautiful green and black dress for christmas, then sold it, because someone couldn't live with out it. i had it in my inventory for almost a year! The person who bought it, saw it probably 60 times, never once wanting it. I gave her a 4 dollar discount ( just under 10%) But LLR rules, we are not allowed to advertise a discount. As so free items, we do it because we want to promote ourselves and get new customers. I actually at one point went to a mall and handed out 30 pairs of free leggings in one day, to get the word out. Not very many people in my surrounding counties had heard of LLR. I was sad to give it up, and cancel parties, but since my sister and I were a team, those who had credits with me are able to use them with her.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Care to share? I'd love to connect with the bargain rack of LLR!
I would be happy to share....The group is called Pretty Little ROE-ers.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/popupextravaganza/?ref=bookmarks

https://www.facebook.com/groups/popupextravaganza/?ref=group_cover

Once a month, they have a BARELY ABOVE WHOLESALE clearance sale! The prices are pretty good and include free shipping. These are usually held toward the end of a month, you just have to keep checking into the group and its held from 4:30 pm PST Thursday to 8:30 pm PST Saturday.

I now only shop the clearance sale, eventually what I want makes its way there...

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wore a beautiful green and black dress for christmas, then sold it, because someone couldn't live with out it. i had it in my inventory for almost a year! The person who bought it, saw it probably 60 times, never once wanting it. I gave her a 4 dollar discount ( just under 10%) But LLR rules, we are not allowed to advertise a discount. As so free items, we do it because we want to promote ourselves and get new customers. I actually at one point went to a mall and handed out 30 pairs of free leggings in one day, to get the word out. Not very many people in my surrounding counties had heard of LLR. I was sad to give it up, and cancel parties, but since my sister and I were a team, those who had credits with me are able to use them with her.

I saw that happen at a LLR Show I went to, my friends SIL sells LLR and she decided to wear a top that had been in her inventory for quite some time and the same thing happened a woman wanted the shirt off her back...

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Wow, this post brings back memories from about 25 years ago. I do not recall the brand name, but had a friend who hosted a party with mix and max knits. The fit was slightly baggy -- pants, tops, sweaters and things that look like Survivor buffs to be used for belts. Twenty years ago I'd wear black leggings and long sweaters, but my leggings are now put to use as long underwear and/or pajama bottoms when we visit the east coast or Europe in Sept or Oct.
Weekenders. Yikes, it was ~25 years ago! I still wear pieces from that collection every.week.of.my.life. I'm gonna go nuts when those pieces finally give out. 25 years? I've been wearing the same tops, skirts and sweaters for 25 years? Oh, my!! (The belts gave out long ago.)

Edited to add: Oh, right. They had two styles of belts: the rigid belt with traditional bucket in patterns to compliment the knits and the simple strand of knit fabric worn as a "scarf" tied around your waist. It was my rigid belts that gave out over time. The rest of the line is sold. I can't believe that the colors are still true after hundreds of wash cycles.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would be happy to share....The group is called Pretty Little ROE-ers.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/popupextravaganza/?ref=bookmarks

https://www.facebook.com/groups/popupextravaganza/?ref=group_cover

Once a month, they have a BARELY ABOVE WHOLESALE clearance sale! The prices are pretty good and include free shipping. These are usually held toward the end of a month, you just have to keep checking into the group and its held from 4:30 pm PST Thursday to 8:30 pm PST Saturday.

I now only shop the clearance sale, eventually what I want makes its way there...

Thanks much! I went and requested to join!