• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

La Belle Maison parking?

snickers104

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview RCI Points, Wyndham CWA
Going to La Belle Maison later this year and noticed that they charge 26 dollars per day for parking???? Really?? Is there an alternative to this high charge if we rent a car?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going to La Belle Maison later this year and noticed that they charge 26 dollars per day for parking???? Really?? Is there an alternative to this high charge if we rent a car?

Dont rent a car

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this still works.:shrug:

Drop Krewe and baggage off and take car to Harrah's parking lot. Register and play slots for at least 30 minutes and you get free parking.

Maybe lose $10 in slots but have a couple free Coronas and as the say , beer money.

Jog down to LBM.

No ins or outs but really nowhere to park in French Quarter anyway.

snickers104

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview RCI Points, Wyndham CWA

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Never have needed to rent a car while at La Belle Maison. Love the resort and lots of GREAT food nearby ... just bring some walking shoes.

Cabs are cheaper than the daily parking fee. plus parking to go anywhere and just one drunk driving ticket ... besides, there is "LIKE" NO (cheap) PARKING anywhere near fine dining places either.

Parking is that price because there is NO onsite parking and the valets have to run back and forth from the garages. AND remember, one really has to TIP the valets, too.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this still works.:shrug:

Drop Krewe and baggage off and take car to Harrah's parking lot. Register and play slots for at least 30 minutes and you get free parking.

Maybe lose $10 in slots but have a couple free Coronas and as the say , beer money.

Jog down to LBM.

No ins or outs but really nowhere to park in French Quarter anyway.

Paco...good to hear from you

where have you been??

and did you get your Avenue Plaza Ballot

linpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with a car either. Belle Maison is so close to everything and an easy walk to Canal Street and the streetcars.

One of my favorite places is the Commerce Restaurant on the corner of Camp and Gravier? - maybe 3 blocks down Camp from Belle Maison. Very neighborhood diner, local workers, not French Quarter fine dining but neither are the prices, The gumbo is great, and the muffeletas too.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just Hanging Out

Paco...good to hear from you

where have you been??

Hey Ron:

Been a rough 4 months since Thanksgiving hanging out in hospital , rehab facilities and just finished over a month of daily home health care. Medicare has now decreed I am alive enough to fend for myself.

Started out with congestive heart failure resulting in excessive fluid retention and ankles swelling up to around 16 inches in diameter vs about 10 inches now. Throw in thyroid going out of whack and so weak I could not even lift a bottle of Corona.

Finally on third hospital visit got DOC that understand my problems and convinced (MA) Secure Horizens I needed to spend enough time in hospital to properly address.

So, have lost over 40 pound, gone off Diabetes , Cholorestol and high blood pressure medicine and walk with cane rather than ride Hooveround.

Also, had to give up daily 6 pack of Corona, eat lots of unsalted nuts and berries and limit water intake to about 50 ounces.

As us older folk know, DOCs bug about weight but losing several pounds does have positive tangible results.

Throw in home computer got corrupted and could not get TUG log-in to work, just hanging on by fingernails.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
AVP Elections

Yes! When I got I did a post here unaware you had a thread already going.

With CWA and WorldMark votes looks like Wyndham will end up effectively controlling most elections. Same as Dolphins Cove.

I don't know if cumulative voting is allowed but doubt casting all three votes for oneself would make a difference. Of course, one can just vote for one candidate increasing chances among non-Wyndham candidates.

First year since Katrina I have missed Mardi Gras.:bawl:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes! When I got I did a post here unaware you had a thread already going.

With CWA and WorldMark votes looks like Wyndham will end up effectively controlling most elections. Same as Dolphins Cove.

I don't know if cumulative voting is allowed but doubt casting all three votes for oneself would make a difference. Of course, one can just vote for one candidate increasing chances among non-Wyndham candidates.

First year since Katrina I have missed Mardi Gras.:bawl:

no doubt that Wyndham will control the vote, Im sure that the two incumbents (wyndham employees) will be elected, but the third position is I think up for grabs. Wyndham will be able to pick the winner, which is why I met with the Worldmark board recently and at the recent Wyndham meeting made it a point to meet the guy that I think will cast the Wydham votes.

See you next year for Mardi Gras.

Cely218

TUG Member
Reaction score
Parking

Yes the Harrah's parking is quite convenient. I always use it. At first I felt like it may be too far too walk, but it works great. Also you can check around and there may be some other places that have special parking. I am lucky as I am Diamond, and I get In and outs and not required to gamble.

planzfortomorrow

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm another for no car

I haven't stayed at La Belle Maison, but in general, I find that NOLA doesn't require a car. And I personally love having my car. But NYC, Washington DC & NOLA I'll happily do without one, because it's just not needed & for those places is just a huge hassle. You could probably just take a taxi for wherever you wanted to go vs. paying $20+ a day for parking (plus the rental car costs).

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am lucky as I am Diamond, and I get In and outs and not required to gamble.

Depends how you look at it and how much you have gambled to get diamond status.

Cely218

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lucky on Parking

Yes, very true! But I for some reason really enjoy gambling. I just gamble what I can afford, and I enjoy it!

Also, it is very true a car is not needed. I park the car and really don't like to have to worry about driving. That way I can partake in all the fun and drink!

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you fly in and don't rent a car, how much hassle is it to get from the ap to the quarters?

Very easy if you take a taxi. It's a little more complicated and longer by bus, but doable.

ioiosotwig

TUG Member
Reaction score

My bride and I were just here in January. Parking was VERY convenient at LM. You pulled INSIDE the building and walked 20 steps to the elevator. Never used the car til the morning we left...

Streets were crowded in the evening and never felt unsafe. I don't know where we could have parked anyway! We are looking forward to our next adventure in N.O.

Forgot to mention... we watched as they filmed NCIS-New Orleans while we were there. It was on the street by the parking garage on the next block! They had a Mardi Gras float sitting there and costumed people. Kinda fun!!!

Last edited:

Armada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Old Town Alexandria
La Belle Maison
I got a message today from La Belle Maison. They no longer offer valet parking. Any suggestions on where to park other than Harrah's?

Having a car is a must for this trip (will be driving out to look at real estate along the MS/AL coast).

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates

Linden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Smoky Mountains, Club Wyndham Access, Quarter House New Orleans
I don't think that's the case. We were just there Oct. 28 thru. Nov. 1 and used the valet parking. Call the front desk they can answer your questions. (504) 558-5900

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville

If ghe Haras doesn't work you save a few bucks parking in a garage up the street. I only had a car because we drove in.

The streetcars are really a nice alternative. Uber is there and also pedmobiles ( person pulling a cart ).

Bob

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Parking La Belle

I was on property Oct.28-Nov.1. There was still Valet Parking. It is a good deal by New Orleans standards.
We were driving across country. If I had a choice I would never rent a car in New Orleans or New York City.