• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kings Land 1 bedroom

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I found pictures of the one-bedroom unit on the Hilton site. They show only a curtain between the bedroom and the tub, which is not what I expected. How private is the bathroom?

I'm taking a friend who will sleep on the couch, and neither of us wants an open unit with no privacy.

Adrienne

TUG Member
Reaction score
From the master bedroom, the bathroom is in your face. They did think to design a separate area for the throne but they put in only a partial door. So..if you're not *desperately* in love with your vacation-mate, you're going to need to leave the bedroom while they do their daily ablutions.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
That sounds like idiotic designing! And they charge more points for it.

Adrienne

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a dumb design that's becoming very popular for some reason. A little TMI no matter who you're with.

The first year we had our two teenage boys with us and it took us 2 hours to get out of the house every morning. It was like playing chess. One person would make their move into the bathroom/bedroom, we'd all have to scadaddle to the living room. Then the next person, etc.

The boys were fine on the living room sofa...in fact it was better because no one could go skulking off to their room as teens are wont to do. But the next year we shelled out for a two bedroom because I wouldn't chance damaging their emerging pubescent psyches for want of a bathroom door. LOL

Oh. BTW, the shower has no door either.

workshy

TUG Member
Reaction score
1 bedroom

Just came back from King's Land - 1 bedroom plus (or premier or something like that.) Bathroom has two doors (one connects to bedroom and one to common area.) Toilet has separate frosted full length glass door within the bathroom.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Workshy,

What floor were you on? End unit?

How many points did it cost to reserve? I'm curious if it was a 1BR, 1BR+ or 1BR Premier -- I plan on booking 1BR's there in the future and will take any information you can share...

Thanks!

workshy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were in Bldg 3, ground floor, end unit (Unit 3108). Stayed there from May 18-22 (4 nights) for 3780 points. Unit is described as 1br plus. Don't know what the plus is, maybe location/ground floor?

The unit is right across the serenity pool which was a nice plus. There are also 2 bbq grills and outdoor eating space within that serenity pool area.

HatTrick

Reaction score
1st floor = standard units, except ends which are plus units.

2nd floor = plus units, except ends which are premier units.

3rd floor = premier units.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
are then end units a different configuration? bigger lanai? or, are they a higher category only b/c there is no neighbor on 1 side?

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The buildings are 3 stories high, except on the end units. Some buildings are 2 stories for the end unit and others are 1 story on the ends.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
This is a property/unit category that I follow, and often check the availability 9 months out. I'm surprised how frequently the 1BR - 7200 point units are gone, and usually when it is available, its often the two double bed version for 7,200 points. I'm looking for King Beds, so apparently this will be tough to reserve at 9 months.

Thx for the property info!

Best,

Greg

akyam

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from Kings Land. We had a 1 bdrm + in bldg 4, 1st floor. As noted by others the bathroom had 2 doors, into master and into common area. Shower had no door and toilet had a frosted door.

Other notes:

construction (excavation/site prep) has started on the next phase across the street. There was some noise in the bldg 4/5/6 area for most of the day on weekdays. Nothing substantial but it may bother light & late sleepers.

the weekend of the 4th was quite crowded (as expected). there was a note at the front desk to not sell any pool passes that weekend - i don't know if that is the norm during busy/holiday weekends or not, but apparently guests at kohala can purchase day pool passes for $15.

there are not really any food storage cabinets as they are all used for dishware, so the counter can get quite cluttered without rearranging things.

i found the concierges were not very helpful for the most part. other guest shared the same sentiment. luckily for us we were relying on them for very much.

all in all though a great vacation and resort.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I was there for a week last month in a one-bedroom unit in building 10, ground floor, end unit. According to the front desk, that was a regular unit, not plus or premier. It had a wall and door between the bedroom and bathroom. I wonder if they changed the design in the later buildings.