TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Kauai Beach Villas - Any changes so far?

Discussion in 'US - Hawaii Timesharing' started by ecwinch, Feb 6, 2017.

1. cdn_traveler

cdn_traveler TUG Member

Thanks for the update. I'm really, really hoping that they will be gone by March!

2. linsj

linsj TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC
    Not likely. A lot of the units are in Wyndham points, and Wyndham owns the clubhouse, so Grand Pacific has to pay rent for the use of it. And Wyndham wants people to go to the timeshare sales presentation.

3. ecwinch

ecwinch Moderator

How does Wyndham own the clubhouse?

4. slabeaume

slabeaume Guest

You mean the office? I wouldn't call that a clubhouse.

5. DaveNW

DaveNW TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Carlsbad Seapointe
    Here's a wrinkle since Grand Pacific took over management at Kauai Beach Villas:

Last November I sold my week at KBV to a new owner. We used LTT for the transfer, everything went through as expected, and the new deed was recorded December 21, 2016. GPR was informed of the new owner, and they've got their names in place on things, or so I thought: I was just informed today that Wyndham denies ever getting the transfer paperwork, (claiming it takes up to three months to transfer an ownership), and Grand Pacific is demanding the entire process be done over again - including paying their $595 transfer fee. :eek:

Needless to say, I'll be making some phone calls on Monday...

Dave

6. DaveNW

Resorts Owned:
    Carlsbad Seapointe

Problem is resolved. I spoke to GPR's title department, and they agreed Wyndham dropped the ball on the transfer. I provided them a copy of the transfer docs, and they switched things to the new owner's names. So we're good to go. :thumbup:

Dave

happymum and taffy19 like this.
  7. linsj

linsj TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC
    Glad to hear this, Dave.

DaveNW likes this.
  8. DaveNW

Resorts Owned:
    Carlsbad Seapointe
    It was a bit of a surprise, I must say, to get an email all these months later from LTT saying, "Um, Houston, we have a problem..." I was told by the new owner that they were all set back in January. I knew the new deed was recorded, but had no idea things hadn't transferred at the resort level. So to GPR's credit, they did step up and make the switch to the new owners within a couple of minutes, once I showed them the paperwork. GPR says Wyndham has done this to them on a number of transfers at KBV. They said it was like they just pulled the plug, and stopped doing things a fair ways before the transfer of management happened. I can't say I'm all that surprised.

I'm glad it's resolved, and happy the new owners can schedule their week.

Dave

9. ecwinch

ecwinch Moderator

I am reminded of the joke about the new manager who is hired and in his office desk drawer finds three envelopes marked "Open in case of Trouble".

Later that week he hits a problem he can't solve and opens the first envelope. It reads "Tell them you just got here, but you are on the case and will work hard to get to it solved".

Later that month, the problem still exists, so he opens the 2nd envelope. it reads "Tell them your predecessor was the problem, but it has your full attention and will resolved as soon as possible."

A month later the problem still exists, so he opens the 3rd envelope. It reads "Prepare three envelopes...."

I write this in the context of the email I just received from a KBV BoD member asking for my vote. Where she writes that the new mgt co was selected (in part) on the basis of offering to setup a resale program using the HOA's inventory of unsold weeks, but instead has bought them and dumped the weeks into their system. Certainly adhering to the letter of their obligation, but perhaps not the spirit of what the BoD expected. Anyone have any additional insight on this?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  10. ronparise

ronparise TUG Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  11. Dalownerx3

Dalownerx3 TUG Member

I'm a bit confused. Are you Trish Harrington or Ron Parise (as per your signature line)? I only see Trish Harrington listed as a candidate

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  12. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator