TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Just picked up another one!

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by Ianneyan, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Ianneyan

Ianneyan TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC LV Blvd, HGVC LV Paradise, Lagonita Lodge Big Bear
    My purchase of a Platinum 1BR unit at Las Vegas on the Blvd. just went through! My husband and I are thrilled! However, when I checked my account, it is listed separately from our other HGVC property. It seems that we would have to access the points from our 2 accounts separately (I can switch back and forth under the same login), resulting in more than 1 reservation.

My question is how can I consolidate these 2 into 1 account with a lump sum of points? I think that they were separated because one property is in our trust while the other one we hold as joint tenants. If I change one deed to match the other, will HGVC consolidate our accounts? This is probably a question for them, but I thought that maybe someone here has experienced a similar situation.

2. buzglyd

buzglyd TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Lagoon Tower
    HGVC Carlsbad Seapointe
    Gaslamp Plaza Suites
    Carlsbad Inn
    I have a Seapointe affiliate which is in a separate account. I just call HGVC and ask them to move all the points into one account.

Ianneyan likes this.
  3. PigsDad

PigsDad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club
    When I bought our second week, they told us both weeks had to be titled exactly the same otherwise we could not join them into a single points account. I'm sure that is what you are running into. You will need to call HGVC to see what your options are -- you may indeed have to change the titling of one of your deeds.

Kurt

4. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    It's prolly due to a difference in how they were titled.
    Our true-HGVC (Seaworld) and affiliate (Plantation Beach Club - IRP) are listed in one account.

5. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

Yes, I believe it's the titling. I had to dig up my title deeds from earlier as sometimes I use my middle initial for "legal" purposes, but it seems that sometimes they ignore that.

6. csodjd

csodjd TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
    I was told as long as my account number was the same, they would consolidate. I have one in a business name, and another that closed escrow recently but HGV hasn't done whatever they do yet that is in the name of my living trust. They said they can put all the points in one account. Didn't say I needed to change titles to match. Plan to call today to f/u since it's been a few weeks since escrow closed.

7. csodjd

csodjd TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
    HGV just advised us that the titles much match to merge the points into a single account. So much for the information from the broker...!

8. Ianneyan

Ianneyan TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC LV Blvd, HGVC LV Paradise, Lagonita Lodge Big Bear
    I just called HGVC's Owner Services number this morning (800-932-4482, #4 and #4 from menus that follow) and the representative was able to merge the remaining points through 2019 into one of the accounts. No need to change title. Try again. :)

9. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    It's one thing to merge points for 2 years, and another to merge accounts.
    For that, you'd need to change the title on one to match the other.

You can record a "Corrective Quitclaim Deed" and send HGVC a copy.
    I'd check w-HGVC Title to see if they'd do it for you or if there's a fee.

10. 1Kflyerguy

1Kflyerguy TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Kings Land, Marriott Destination Club Points
    The HGVC title department charges to do this... (shocker)

Think it was like $350 when i did it, but know they raised the rate shortly after we re did ours.