• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Join rci or II without owning a timeshare

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently read some posts that stated that you can join rci without owning a timeshare week or points. Today I called and confirmed it .Then I called II and they have a simular program called leisure time passport.A friend recently asked me to check on any resales at a good price I told him not to bother to just join rci& II and use whats available on thier last calls and extra vacations,which was plenty.The point of this post is if these programs continue to expand I can see alot more Timeshares being dumped.I'm not taking about your Hard to get into /peak season/great places close to home or top traders but just about everthing else.Does anyone else see this as a threat or a problem if you own a timeshare?

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
Is the Leisure Time Passport something that the developer gives to somebody who didn't buy the first time they toured? And it's temporary to try it out is what I thought.

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes one year gold memberships are being sold by Westgate and some other developers. I don't know how much they are but you can also buy them on ebay $199.This still comes to less than mf's especialy if you use more than 1 week. I think RCI is only $89 per year

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
wait one minute. R U sayng i don't have to have a t/s and can still be a member of rci and II. please elaborate.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
Here's an auction on ebay advertising it. It's through GMAC:

http://cgi.ebay.com/INTERVAL-INTERN...ryZ15897QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sounds like it gives you access to the Getaways. I don't know at what kind of cost, though. Plus, it sounds like there is a time limit on the trial membership and they are wanting to sell you a timeshare. It says they will credit the $199 toward your timeshare purchase if you buy one from them.

Last edited:

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Interesting- because I called II a few months ago with the same inquiry and was told no.

I wonder if the membership being offerred through GMAC on Ebay has the same listings/prices as a regular membership, or if the listings are more akin to condodirect. etc. (subsidiaries/affiliates of II).