• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I've been to all 50 states

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Last month I finally visited my 50th state. About a decade ago, I realized I'd been to a majority of the states, so I decided to finish the list. Who else has been to all 50? (Airport layovers don't count!).

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have. Last one was New Mexico about 10 years ago. I was visiting my parents, snowbirds in AZ. My dad, son and I took a day trip across the border.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I've been stuck at 47 for about 15 years now. Alaska (highly likely to visit there someday), Delaware (somewhat likely, especially the next time I go to Philadelphia), and North Dakota (highly unlikely to ever see it) are the three I lack.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a long haul trucker, I've visited all the states multiple times over a nearly 30 year career. Even Hawaii with it's interstates that aren't. And Alaska without any interstates. Fwiw the hardest ones for me to collect were Maine, and N. Dakota. The easiest? Those along the 'decade' Interstates, I-10, I-20, I-40, I-80, I-90.

Jim

Mike&Edie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Michael and I finished all 50 states and along the way did all the Presidential Libraries in the Library Passport (along with a few that weren't in the passport), and all the State Capitols (except Hawaii and Alaska). We've been to Hawaii and Alaska but just didn't do the Capitols at that time. Each state was interesting and we enjoyed exploring along the way. So much to see and so little time!

Mike & Edie
www.fulltimetimeshare.com

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We count a state if we have had to sleep overnight in it - so far only up to 19. 11 YO daughter collects the old state shaped magnets for the places she has been, she is up to 14.

I purposely look for exchanges to states we have never been to grow the list.

I think it is amusing when people ask where we are off to and I reply with something like Minnesota...they just give you the look like WHY???? I just shrug the shoulders and say, Never been there, why not check it out!

Congrats to all of you that have accomplished it!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm still missing a few countries in Western Europe. Slovenia, the former Yugoslavia except Croatia, Northern Ireland, Iceland, Greenland, Andorra, Malta. Somehow missed Norway. Not well traveled South of the equator. Hit a few big ones in Asia, but there are so many. So many places, so little time.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I'm still working on my 251 town list for Vermont. At 148 right now. Also- my National Park list- I think we did 13 or 14 so far.

I doubt I will ever complete either of these, and I also doubt I will ever get to see all 50 states and not sure I want to anyway.

Never mind countries- we have only been to a few outside the USA and would be lucky to maybe visit one or two before we can't travel anymore.

But- congrats to you. I am sure it was a lot of fun!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We count a state if we have had to sleep overnight in it - so far only up to 19. 11 YO daughter collects the old state shaped magnets for the places she has been, she is up to 14.

I purposely look for exchanges to states we have never been to grow the list.

I think it is amusing when people ask where we are off to and I reply with something like Minnesota...they just give you the look like WHY???? I just shrug the shoulders and say, Never been there, why not check it out!

Congrats to all of you that have accomplished it!

That is so funny because people ask me also where we went on vacation. Of course, it is most always Vermont and New Hampshire, and this year it was also Colorado as well.

People look at me like I have 10 heads- they don't get it when people vacation in places like these. They expect your response to be Mexico or the Dominican Republic, maybe Myrtle Beach or Long Beach Island or the Outer Banks or Disney/Florida; Maybe France or Italy!

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've only been to those that are south of a diagonal from Washington to roughly N Carolina, plus a few in the northeast. Mostly missing the New England area, which isn't very high on my list of areas to visit. There are enough places in my home state that I'll never see to concern myself with completing a list of states. Strangely, I can't remember ever being in Oklahoma, even though I've been to all states surrounding it. Not sure if that's indicative of my memory, or Oklahoma. :ponder:

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Only 16 for me. I have plenty to go! Hopefully when I retire I will expand that list!

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Bernie8245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lucky you - you CAN complete with just one trip. Heck, I hit 3 New England states on a drive the recently. MA, RI and then CT.....all in one hour!
We've been to 49 states. The only one we have missed is North Dakota. I'm not sure we''ll make that one.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We've been to 49 states. The only one we have missed is North Dakota. I'm not sure we''ll make that one.

But you simply MUST go, so you can visit Mandan, North Dakota! They named the town (not really) just so they could put their state's initials in it. As in maNDan. It's a great little town, with a big ND high on a hill above the town. What's not to love?

(And then you can drop south to Lead, Deadwood, the Badlands, and on into Rapid City, South Dakota. A Black Hills vacation is a great way to spend some time in Spring or Fall. :thumbup:

Dave

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
North Dakota seems to get the shaft. Great wild west history. Medora can be one stop.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I have listed the states that we have been in before (not entirely identical), but Dave's link really helped put what I am missing into perspective. I have ten states to go and it looks like it would take three trips to finish those ten off. I could pick up five states (all linked) by starting in Kansas and then head southeast to Mississippi. Then, on another trip, I can start in North Dakota, head west, and then down to Utah. That will allow me to pick up four more states (all linked). Finally, I guess I would have to take an Alaskan cruise.

By way of comparison, a college friend has run a marathon in all fifty states and half marathons twice. I thought that this was unusual, but he claims not - at least among distance runners.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Last month I finally visited my 50th state. About a decade ago, I realized I'd been to a majority of the states, so I decided to finish the list. Who else has been to all 50? (Airport layovers don't count!).

I have!

Two years ago I had four states left . . . VT, ME, WA and OR. I took care of the two in New England fall 2015 and the last two fall 2016.

I've been fortunate to have my jobs take me to many great places throughout these United States . . . and proud to say I've been to all 50 states.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Michael and I finished all 50 states and along the way did all the Presidential Libraries in the Library Passport (along with a few that weren't in the passport), and all the State Capitols (except Hawaii and Alaska). We've been to Hawaii and Alaska but just didn't do the Capitols at that time. Each state was interesting and we enjoyed exploring along the way. So much to see and so little time!

Mike & Edie
www.fulltimetimeshare.com

I'm working on my Presidential Libraries passport too :)

I had planned on getting Eisenhower & Truman's this summer in conjunction with the solar eclipse but unfortunately had to cancel that vacation a few weeks ago. :(

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But you simply MUST go, so you can visit Mandan, North Dakota! They named the town (not really) just so they could put their state's initials in it. As in maNDan. It's a great little town, with a big ND high on a hill above the town. What's not to love?

(And then you can drop south to Lead, Deadwood, the Badlands, and on into Rapid City, South Dakota. A Black Hills vacation is a great way to spend some time in Spring or Fall. :thumbup:

Dave

If you like the US National Parks, I highly recommend the Theodore Roosevelt NP in ND! Their badlands are unique and different than those in SD and/or Wyoming . . . and the wild horse herds are pretty accessible to observe/photograph.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Just Oklahoma remaining after I got West Virginia in 2015

normab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! What a great milestone to reach.

Thanks to lots of business AND vacation travel, I have only six left. NM, ND, SD, WI, MO, ID. Need a trip to see some more national parks to cross off a few more...

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
The next phase is visiting all 50 state capitols...