• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

It's alive!

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
The new booking engine is up and running this morning.

I happened to log on and see the new slider. It still seems a little on the clunky side but hopefully will improve.

Also the home page is reorganized and your home resorts will offer information on when it can be booked.

A nice improvement!

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I just booked a reservation this morning, and it looked an worked very well. Much more intuitive.

Kurt

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Another nice change is the three main Fiesta Americana resorts can now be viewed with the booking engine.

Cozumel and the remaining Mexican resorts still need a club counselor.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got to use the expanded view window thingy. The only thing I thought was a little "odd" was that I had entered check-in: 1/6/18 and check-out on 1/13/18.

However, the green bars in the sliding window thingy ended on 1/12/18.

But I counted the # of nights and it was 7, so it must color-code by nights and not check-out dates.

Glad they added some FA availability visibility now.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I got to use the expanded view window thingy. The only thing I thought was a little "odd" was that I had entered check-in: 1/6/18 and check-out on 1/13/18.

But I counted the # of nights and it was 7, so it must color-code by nights and not check-out dates.

Glad they added some FA availability visibility now.

I scrolled through the FA resorts. Interesting that the Cancun property doesn't have much available even months out into slow season. I know the resort is small and perhaps not too many rooms are associated with HGVC.

The Cabo property (which is much nicer) has lots of availability though. I don't believe I would ever travel to Acapulco. I've been there before but that was with some Mexican locals.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
At least Hgvc was listening this time and heard us.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
It's nice to see them finally investing in the reservation system and listening to user concerns. This appears to be a great improvement.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Really works well on in iPad as well.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro

I found that a bit odd as well, but I did notice that if you click to drag the "out" slider, it does show the checkout day as a popup text.

Kurt

kdorward

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found that a bit odd as well, but I did notice that if you click to drag the "out" slider, it does show the checkout day as a popup text.

Kurt
Has anyone try the upgrade with an IPAD. I don't get a slider or graph with IPAD

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone try the upgrade with an IPAD. I don't get a slider or graph with IPAD

I just tried the app on my iPad and I get the slider and graphs just fine. Do you have the latest version?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
One thing I find odd is the Calendar view, I can't drag dates to scroll them. I have to use the "Jump to" and select I.e feb 2018. Would have been easier if you could drag the slider as we could with the old one on the old site.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
I don't seem to have it with the iphone application either fwiw.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
One thing I find odd is the Calendar view, I can't drag dates to scroll them. I have to use the "Jump to" and select I.e feb 2018. Would have been easier if you could drag the slider as we could with the old one on the old site.
The "slider" doesn't really slide. Click the forward or back arrows by the month.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
The "slider" doesn't really slide. Click the forward or back arrows by the month.
Yeah, that is what I get with the iphone. Still an improvement.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It is not bad, but I which there was someway to see a summary or make the results smaller. I changed to page size, but still for places with multiple resorts it is hard to see all the properties, it takes several pages of scrolling down, too many pages for me.

But it is an improvement, so I will take that happily.

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
They did a great job with "changing a reservation". I changed my Kingsland reservation from a 2 bedroom to a 1 bedroom and it was easy. The dates and availability showed up immediately and points were put back into my account.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
It is not bad, but I which there was someway to see a summary or make the results smaller. I changed to page size, but still for places with multiple resorts it is hard to see all the properties, it takes several pages of scrolling down, too many pages for me.

But it is an improvement, so I will take that happily.

It has filters for # of guests, room size, etc which will shrink those results down.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was poking around, and I noticed if there is a single day available it would let me book it online. That appears to be a new thing. Well at least I got a book NOW option, instead of the the 2 day minimum notice. OR maybe it is just the West 57th location.

Has anyone tried to book a single day?

It does indeed appear to be West 57th. Perhaps The District works this way as well too.

Here is what it says...
  • For reservations of three nights or fewer, there is an $85 short stay fee payable upon check-in.
  • Optional daily housekeeping is available at a cost of $85 per day.

Last edited:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I was poking around, and I noticed if there is a single day available it would let me book it online. That appears to be a new thing. Well at least I got a book NOW option, instead of the the 2 day minimum notice.

Has anyone tried to book a single day?

You must be talking about cash because the 3 day minimum will pop up on points. The 90 day Open Season is still working for Trump. Who knows if these are glitches or new features?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You must be talking about cash because the 3 day minimum will pop up on points. The 90 day Open Season is still working for Trump. Who knows if these are glitches or new features?

NY W 57 is NOT cash except if you own there. Which I don't So it has to be points for NON NYC members.

I tried it on other locations, and the 2 day min Open and 3 day min Points work fine on other locations, so there is resort specific coding at play.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
NY W 57 is NOT cash except if you own there. Which I don't So it has to be points for NON NYC members.

I tried it on other locations, and the 2 day min Open and 3 day min Points work fine on other locations, so there is resort specific coding at play.

I think NYC has always been able to make 1 night res with points.