*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

is this closing company real? [Duncan Realty and escrow]

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, Renting' started by Creative, May 18, 2012.

1. Creative

Creative Guest

Hi everyone, complete Newbie here (in fact I just posted on int he wrong palce so you may see this twice!) i think I am in the process of buying one plat week at the westin lagunamar from vacation world. they advertised on ebay at the beginning of the month and i paid $1961 to Duncan Realty and escrow by amercan express. I then received and email saying all going ahead but it could take 90-120 days for transfer. is this a normal time frame and have any of you heard of Duncan Realty? my concern is whether they are reputable and that my money is safe? They don't reply quickly or answer my questions so I am beginning to worry I have fallen into a scam. any info gratefully accepted.
    ps i only have 90 days to challenge the transaction through Amex.:confused:

2. TheTimeTraveler

TheTimeTraveler TUG Member

If it's the Duncan Realty I think it is then you should be fine.

Try www.DuncanRealtyandEscrow.com for a direct link.

I have used them myself and never had any problems. Susan Duncan has handled several purchases, and several sales for me.

3. Creative

Creative Guest

thank you so much, you have out my mind at rest!! this forum is fantasic.

4. Creative

Creative Guest

thank you

thank you very much

5. SOS8260456

SOS8260456 TUG Member

I have used them before. They were expensive but thorough.

6. ada903

ada903 TUG Member

Susan Duncan is great.

Be aware Lagunamar closings are very long - they require a third party title company - I believe First American - to handle the certificate of ownership change - it can take between two and six months. I had four Lagunamar transfers in the past year - and that's how long it took - it can vary quite a bit depending on your luck.

7. calgal

calgal TUG Member

I have also used Duncan Realty for escrow and had a good experience.

8. MOXJO7282

MOXJO7282 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

We also had good experience with Duncan. When I priced them out they were cheaper than most in my research. Cheaper than Resorts Closing and most that I've used. That was a few years ago so not sure if they went up.