• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is Hyatt resale a good opportunity now

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Pinion pointe Sedona, az.
Not yet......After dealing with Hyatt and multiple time shares with them. It would seem that unless you owe them money they move at the speed of corporate........not very fast. I would imagine that re-sales would be on the back burner since they didn't make a buck.......Just thinkin:rolleyes:
In going back and looking at your previous post. I misunderstood you, thinking you meant "the actual Transfer of ownership". Sorry for the confusion. When it came to a yea or nay on ROFER it only took about 3 wks. for them to pass judgement. Once again I apologize.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may be somewhat optimistic in that we had closed on our sale at Sun Set right at a month ago, and they still haven't cashed the 650.00 transfer check. Deed has been recorded and papers sent to Hyatt for the welcome package to the new owners. Realizing that one has nothing to do with the other. Chief financial officer (wife) is going nutz.......
I was just informed the EY 2000 point Platinum HWOR just passed ROFR. The closing documents should arrive sometime later this week. I will update the price on Kal's website as soon as the sale is final. Am I correct in assuming that it will be another month before we are in Hyatt's system, or am I being optimistic?
It might just be that you will be entered into the HRC database on the first of the month. I suggest you call Hyatt to see if your ownership shows up yet.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
It might just be that you will be entered into the HRC database on the first of the month. I suggest you call Hyatt to see if your ownership shows up yet.
Kal, I assume you are responding to sts1732. ROFR paperwork for us was submitted March 24, and we found out ROFR was waived yesterday. Now we are waiting for the email with closing/transfer paperwork to sign, then have to mail this back to our Closing Agent. They will then forward our signed documents and Seller's to Hyatt for final transfer. I thought this might take another month, but looks like it might be more like two months...?

Cropman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just informed the EY 2000 point Platinum HWOR just passed ROFR. The closing documents should arrive sometime later this week. I will update the price on Kal's website as soon as the sale is final. Am I correct in assuming that it will be another month before we are in Hyatt's system, or am I being optimistic?

Congrats!!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Kal, when filling out your ROFR info sheet, do you want the amount excepted by the seller (and Hyatt) including or excluding closing/transfer costs?

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Kal, I assume you are responding to sts1732. ROFR paperwork for us was submitted March 24, and we found out ROFR was waived yesterday. Now we are waiting for the email with closing/transfer paperwork to sign, then have to mail this back to our Closing Agent. They will then forward our signed documents and Seller's to Hyatt for final transfer. I thought this might take another month, but looks like it might be more like two months...?

AS a update to all my confusion. I finally got to talk to someone at Hyatt, concerning the transfer of my recent sale of Sunset. They reminded me that they had 30 days from the receipt of recorded deed and transfer fee to change ownership and list the new owners, as well as send welcome kit.
I had tried numerous times calling the resale dept. listed on the FAQ page in owners clubhouse along with emails to no conclusion. Finally called the GO HYATT number for owners and got to talk with someone who (in his words) had to research it further, but I did get a return call that answered all my questions. :wall:

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
AS a update to all my confusion. I finally got to talk to someone at Hyatt, concerning the transfer of my recent sale of Sunset. They reminded me that they had 30 days from the receipt of recorded deed and transfer fee to change ownership and list the new owners, as well as send welcome kit.
I had tried numerous times calling the resale dept. listed on the FAQ page in owners clubhouse along with emails to no conclusion. Finally called the GO HYATT number for owners and got to talk with someone who (in his words) had to research it further, but I did get a return call that answered all my questions. :wall:
sts1732-has Hyatt processed your Membership/Ownership yet? Our notarized deeds/closing paperwork/$650 transfer checks were overnighted to Hyatt on Tuesday, should arrive today. I am assuming it could be another month for Hyatt to process...

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
sts1732-has Hyatt processed your Membership/Ownership yet? Our notarized deeds/closing paperwork/$650 transfer checks were overnighted to Hyatt on Tuesday, should arrive today. I am assuming it could be another month for Hyatt to process...

They finally cashed the 650.00 check, and got to my bank yesterday 5/3, 28 days after the fact. They have 30 days from the RECIEPT of papers and check. If you have dated confirmation of receipt, use 30 days from that date. Just remember they move at the speed of corporate...........NOT VERY......Good luck
PS they still haven't taken my name off ownership. Seems computers run even slower. o_O

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They finally cashed the 650.00 check, and got to my bank yesterday 5/3, 28 days after the fact. They have 30 days from the RECIEPT of papers and check. If you have dated confirmation of receipt, use 30 days from that date. Just remember they move at the speed of corporate...........NOT VERY......Good luck
PS they still haven't taken my name off ownership. Seems computers run even slower. o_O
I received an email last night at 11:29 that our HWOR week transferred into our name yesterday. Last week Hyatt told the closing company that deed and other documents had been received in May 9th, so it took 30 days from their receipt to transfer complete. Should hear this week on ROFR another week we are attempting to purchase...

Reaction score
how long does it take from sending a contract to Hyatt to pass ROFR and then become a full Hyatt owner with ability to book on their comptuter system.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
how long does it take from sending a contract to Hyatt to pass ROFR and then become a full Hyatt owner with ability to book on their comptuter system.
We received notice we passed ROFR on our offer 30 days after sales contract was submitted to Hyatt. It then took about a week to get the new deed filed, then the new deed and $650 transfer fee were sent to Hyatt. Then it was 30 days from the time they received the deed/check.

Binspira

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree
We bought at High Sierra four years ago and long ago, recouped our original cost.

What does that mean we bought at High Sierra 4 years ago and have recouped your original cost? How do you recoup your original cost?

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
What does that mean we bought at High Sierra 4 years ago and have recouped your original cost? How do you recoup your original cost?[/QUOTE)

Taking into account our annual MFs, the value we have received from our TS stays has exceeded what we paid for our TS.

Binspira

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree
ok thanks - we are very close to to purchasing in the Hyatt system. The locations and quality look great and suit our lifestyle and places we'd like to visit. I need to get schooled better on where the value is... sound like Pinon, yet wondering if we can get something in Carmel that works since we'd easily go there annually if we didn't trade. Its crazy the prices for Aspen and Hawaii.... we'd for sure buy 2000 points.. if that is the sweet spot...

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
ok thanks - we are very close to to purchasing in the Hyatt system. The locations and quality look great and suit our lifestyle and places we'd like to visit. I need to get schooled better on where the value is... sound like Pinon, yet wondering if we can get something in Carmel that works since we'd easily go there annually if we didn't trade. Its crazy the prices for Aspen and Hawaii.... we'd for sure buy 2000 points.. if that is the sweet spot...

I would go for a 2200 point contract if you can get it past ROFR. Hyatt is buying back a lot of these for the PPP program. Before you place an offer, I would strongly encourage you to learn about the Hyatt system to make sure it's going to work for you.

Binspira

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree
Thanks - I get the gist of how it works, yet, really will know the details as I own it.. pretty much make a choice on keep or trade my unit annually. If trade, I put in my requests and find out 6 months before (or sooner) since owners need to decide 6 months out, yet more notice and flexibility is best (which we can do).. different options as things get closer and trade with II.

I am wondering if Carmel will make more sense for us because we'd for sure use it more - seems like we'd pay about $5k more, will get 2000-2500 points and about $1,700 MF which seems high relative to Pinon which is only temporary. Not sure why the MF is that much higher, yet do know the cost of that property is probably higher than other areas -- I think we'd use Carmel a lot and also trade it as well. Yes - I have much to learn yet feel the picture is getting much clearer. Even with the new points system which will be a wildcard - I'll look at it as a deeded ownership with point trade option if it comes down that way.

dahntahn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs, Hyatt Beach House, Hyatt Coconut Plantation
We have owned at BH (3 weeks) and CP (1) for about ten years and really enjoy the Hyatt system with its high quality resorts and flexibility. We always use our CP week 2 but always trade the BH weeks for additional CP time and to go to other HRC properties like SH, Sedona, Carmel. Many a spring break with our daughters has been at an HRC resort. We have not used II yet but will next year. The key is to put in a wait list request as far in advance as you can.
The Pinion Pointe maintenance fees are lower than all the rest because that property has a small area of shops on the property from which they collect rent to offset overall costs, a situation unique to that resort alone. So to compare MFs you have to see Piñon Pointe as an outlier.
All four of our weeks were bought resale, several during the big recession at what are now very reasonable prices, and have seen the BH weeks get a boost in points as well. We were introduced to time sharing via Disney which we bought at developer price (ouch) when our kids were small, and traded into Beach House one spring break and discovered there was a secondary market for Hyatts and never looked back.
I cannot imagine that you will be disappointed if you buy into HRC via resale.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am attending an "owner update" at HWOR Thursday morning. Any questions I can ask for anyone? Or should I just cancel?

Cropman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Personally, I can't wait to go to one. I want to know as much as I can about the new system, good or bad.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Dagger, I assume you know that the sales weasel will tell you all the reasons why your resale weeks are essentially worthless and that the only way to retain value will be to convert to the points program. You can play that one of two ways: 1) Nod knowingly and tell the sales weasel you're quite happy with what you have; 2) Re-focus him/her on the details of the points program, where it applies, and when it will be fully implemented. Either way, you're going to get 25% truth mixed in with 75% B.S. and then it will be your job (along with your friends here at TUG) to distill the truth from the slop. March on, Comrade!

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am attending an "owner update" at HWOR Thursday morning. Any questions I can ask for anyone? Or should I just cancel?
If you have a smart phone, set it on the table and record the conversation. My guess is if you tell them you are recording they will say it's not allowed for some off-the-wall (proprietary??) reason. So don't tell them a recording is underway. That way we will all pay admission to this feature presentation!! With those big $$ you can buy into the PPP or fine beverage (whichever is less).

Just think of the fun we can have dissecting the huckster talk into TUG Talk.