• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Introduction

Japan Spartan

Reaction score
Hello, everybody. I wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for all of the really useful information on this forum and site!

I am 30, married with 2 kids (3 and 1), and living in Japan as an expat with the family until the end of this year. A buddy of mine explained the HGVC timeshare system to me a few weeks ago. I always thought of timeshares as a kind of scam, or a good system for retirees, but his explanation got me thinking it could be right for my situation. I am fortunate to have a lot of vacation time from my job, but like most Japanese companies the culture kind of discourages one from actually using it. TS seemed like a great way to make me commit to vacationing and spending time with my family. A little bit of googling brought me to this website, and I have to say that this site has been ridiculously helpful for me to find out the type of property I wanted to buy, how many points I needed, important terms to consider, etc.

After a few weeks of (very frequent) lurking on this site, I just started the process of buying my first timeshare, via Seth Nock's website. I am looking forward to using it to the maximum enjoyment with my family, learning more about TSing through this forum, and eventually contributing some helpful information. Cheers!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The great thing about buying from the bargain sellers is that if it doesn't work for you, you can usually resell it at break-even or better. Provided you fully understand what you are buying and have a good feel for it's market value on a non-fire sale that would take up to 12 months.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Japan Spartan welcome to this website. TS can be fun and it is fun. You can be exposed to vital information about TS by reading the various threads from this website. You can learn how to save some big bucks on your TS purchase and how best to use your TS in my personal opinion.

Enjoy your TS and welcome to Tug.:thumbup:

tugcccsp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMOC Lahaina Villas
MMOC Napili Villas
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Welk-Escondido
I lived in Japan too, for a couple of years. I loved it. Welcome to timeshares.