• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval Platinum half off - call to see if you have this offer

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because I did and it wasn't showing up online. I inquired while talking to Mark who responds to the TUG member messages. Sure enough, he found the offer tied to my account, so I purchased 2 years of platinum for $139. It is worth a call. I told him I was going to post it here, and he recommended that I have people inquire about it being attached to their specific membership. Hope this helps someone.

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! My problem is I have 3 II accounts - Marriott corporate, Starwood, and my personal account. Can't decide which one should get the Platinum since I trade with all three.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It would be nice if there were additional discounts to platinum for upgrade a second or third account if you have multiple accounts. I just have 2 a regular and a starwood corporate and I don't use my starwood corporate so I don't need to worry but I know there are many who do exchange through multiple accounts.

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because I did and it wasn't showing up online. I inquired while talking to Mark who responds to the TUG member messages. Sure enough, he found the offer tied to my account, so I purchased 2 years of platinum for $139. It is worth a call. I told him I was going to post it here, and he recommended that I have people inquire about it being attached to their specific membership. Hope this helps someone.

Great info. How would I reach Mark? Called II and they are looking for a promo code.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Good tip. Thanks.

I called I.I. and inquired. I had several offers:
- 50% off for a 1 year or 2 year renewal/upgrade to Gold or Plat
- Renew for 5 years and get 1 year free
- Renew for 3 years and get 1/2 year free

The normal cost of membership is now $89 per year for the Basic level. Regular price for Gold upgrade is $64 per year and Plat upgrade is $139 per year.

Upgrading I.I. Basic membership to Plat for 2 years for $139 is essentially a BOGO offer. I figured that looked the best. I could also have selected a 2 year upgrade to Gold, which would have been $64 under the BOGO offer.

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good tip. Thanks.

The normal cost of membership is now $89 per year for the Basic level. Regular price for Gold upgrade is $64 per year and Plat upgrade is $139 per year.

Upgrading I.I. Basic membership to Plat for 2 years for $139 is essentially a BOGO offer. I figured that looked the best. I could also have selected a 2 year upgrade to Gold, which would have been $64 under the BOGO offer.

Pretty sure this was the offer I had as well, since I paid $139 for a 2 year extension of my platinum. It didn't extend my regular II membership, though...still hoping for a BOGO on that again at some point.

dannybaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please help get me in contact with ,mark

I called interval today to upgrade to platinum and the girl was really nice and took over twenty minutes and was unable to find the platinum discount for my marriott. Bakerfive@gmail.com

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Good tip. Thanks.

The last two are their standard offer. They offer them all the time to everyone. If you price out the upgrades online, these are the prices shown.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I called interval today to upgrade to platinum and the girl was really nice and took over twenty minutes and was unable to find the platinum discount for my marriott. Bakerfive@gmail.com

If you have been platinum in the last 4 months or are currently platinum, you won't qualify. You could also check the Deals section of the II website to see if there are any offers there.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Platinum expired less than 2 months ago and I received this half off special in the mail. I left it at home so I can't use the code to check it but I am wondering if it is either a mistake or they changed the policy and I can use it. I will probably call and insist if it doesn't work online. The mailer has my name on it and it is very clear.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Do you have more than one II account?. I received one in the mail as well and no small print about not being an upgraded member for x days and although it does have my name it also has the account number for my corporate Vistana II account that I never use. So I doubt it would work for the II account I actually use.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I shouldn't have more than one account. I probably did at one point a couple years ago but I never logged in. It was a disaster transfer that was reversed almost a year later.

I will check the mailer once I get home later this evening. I am fairly certain that it references Marriott ownership on it but I have never had a Marriott corporate account.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The mailer is for my personal account. It has my personal II account number on it. It is for being a Marriott owner. The code is 50MAR but it doesn't work for me online. I guess I'll call but what was the time limit for regular upgrade vs retro renewal? It says it expires on Oct 14. The expiration date for my regular and platinum is June 26 so maybe the retro renewal doesn't matter and it always retros to your last regular renewal date. Is that right?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I received the 50STAR mailer the other day. I doubt we will upgrade our Vistana account since we only have the one week in there and will use the StarOptions instead of trading through II.

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the letter in the mail today with the code or the option of mailing back to them. I tried the code online and it didn't work. It's been about 3 months since my platinum membership expired. It didn't say anything about a 4 month time period. I don't want to spend 30 minutes on the phone with them trying to figure it out. They shouldn't send these if they are not going to let you use the code online. I may just mail it in.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the letter in the mail today with the code or the option of mailing back to them. I tried the code online and it didn't work. It's been about 3 months since my platinum membership expired. It didn't say anything about a 4 month time period. I don't want to spend 30 minutes on the phone with them trying to figure it out. They shouldn't send these if they are not going to let you use the code online. I may just mail it in.

I am probably going to do the same thing. I will make a copy of the mailer and then send it in.

vacatiionking

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the offer on my Vistana Corporate account. Since I never use my corporate account, I tried to put it on my trading account and it could not be applied. I also have a Hyatt corporate account which I never use. I wish II would combine these so I can avoid having to pay for 3 separate memberships. RCI does this with my Wyndham corporate account.

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
I got the offer. Why should I do this?
I never book Getaways and dont use Guest Certificates. Am I missing something?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I got the offer. Why should I do this?
I never book Getaways and dont use Guest Certificates. Am I missing something?

Do you ever upgrade to larger units. Gold now gets a $20 discount and Platinum gets a $40 discount on the new upgrade fees.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
The mailer is for my personal account. It has my personal II account number on it. It is for being a Marriott owner. The code is 50MAR but it doesn't work for me online. I guess I'll call but what was the time limit for regular upgrade vs retro renewal? It says it expires on Oct 14. The expiration date for my regular and platinum is June 26 so maybe the retro renewal doesn't matter and it always retros to your last regular renewal date. Is that right?

I called to use this offer. Same scenario as you.
They could not "find it" on my account offer even though I read all the letters numbers....

Anyway, after being on hold 10 minutes they came back and told me they were able to find a code that worked
I specifically asked if membership would start today (8/16) not 5/31 when my old membership ended and I was told yes.
When I checked my account t I'm,one it said good thru 5/31/18 :crash:

I will be calling Monday.

nightnurse613

TUG Member
Reaction score
II offers me a Platinum upgrade from my DRI sponsored Gold membership. Do I keep the upgrade if I dump DRI later? :rolleyes:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
II offers me a Platinum upgrade from my DRI sponsored Gold membership. Do I keep the upgrade if I dump DRI later? :rolleyes:

If it is a corporate account and you sell your week, your membership goes along with it. If it is an individual account, you can dump DRI and keep your II account open. But if you let your membership laps, your platinum membership is all but useless. You need to have the Base membership to make gold or platinum work.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I called to use this offer. Same scenario as you.
They could not "find it" on my account offer even though I read all the letters numbers....

Anyway, after being on hold 10 minutes they came back and told me they were able to find a code that worked
I specifically asked if membership would start today (8/16) not 5/31 when my old membership ended and I was told yes.
When I checked my account t I'm,one it said good thru 5/31/18 :crash:

I will be calling Monday.

Did you straighten out the expiration date? I got the offer too, for the II account that I don't use. Looks like my Platinum expired at the end of July for my trading account. Did you call Mark to get a code that worked, or just the general membership number?

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would also like to know what happened when you called. I may wait until it has been 4 months.