• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval online exchange fee ($10) increase next month

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Exchange Fee Update
Effective February 15, 2017, the online and offline fee differential for full-week exchanges will be eliminated. All other exchange fees — including those for cruise exchange and ShortStay Exchange® — will remain unchanged.

So it seems that the online fee is going up $10 to match the call in rate. It could mean a $10 decrease for phone assisted booking but I doubt it.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I wonder if this impacts the $10 difference that Marriott owners save in the online differential? If so, that means their fee will go up to $134 from $124.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
II increased their fees to follow RCI their partner in the vacation industry.:eek:

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Seems a little close (time wise) to the size upgrade fee. Were there not enough people upgrading? Too many? Unrelated?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons I adjusted my portfolio of TS Resorts to Fixed Week/Fixed Units at HOA controlled Resorts many years ago was the increasing Membership and Transaction Fees at RCI and II. For the most part I owned Weeks I would use myself. Although I am out of TimeSharing now (age, health, etc.) I look back at my decision favorably. Looks like nothing has changed.

George

Colt Seavers

Reaction score
So it seems that the online fee is going up $10 to match the call in rate. It could mean a $10 decrease for phone assisted booking but I doubt it.

I love how they avoid any mention of the word "increase" and instead make it completely unclear whether the online rate or the phone rate will become the standard. I'll just assume the online rate will be going up so as to save myself the disappointment. I imagine the number of phone reservations is dwindling so they need to pick up that revenue.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw this post and went ahead to make an OGS online on a deposit sitting in II. There was already a $10 fee increase. :wall:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I saw this post and went ahead to make an OGS online on a deposit sitting in II. There was already a $10 fee increase. :wall:
The OP indicates it takes effect on February 15th. I just did a test run and the online fee is $179.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score

I am neither an "exchanger" nor a member of II, but after just briefly looking at the above chart I am wondering why a "Gold" membership (presumably with more benefits than a "Basic" membership) apparently costs less than a "Basic" membership (presumably with fewer benefits), in each and every membership duration option --- or am I somehow misinterpreting and / or missing something here? :confused::shrug::confused:

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am neither an "exchanger" nor a member of II, but after just briefly looking at the above chart I am prompted to ask why a "Gold" membership (presumably with more benefits than a "Basic" membership) apparently costs less than a "Basic" membership --- or am I just missing something here? :confused::shrug::confused:
Gold and Platinum are add on memberships to the base. So you pay the additional fee on top of the $89.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just this week my husband and I spent some time mapping out where we would like to timeshare in a repeatable pattern starting from 2018 and we managed to get down to only 2 weeks per year where we will would like to use an external exchange company. The rest will be to stay at our home resorts and use of internal point systems to stay at others. Even for those 2 weeks, we can easily not exchange out and stay there, but we want to be able to make some great exchanges to places where we do not own but would like to go to. It was fortunate that we did this exercise as I have been slowly selling off our timeshare portfolio and now realized that we should hold on to what have and not sell off the rest. With ever increasing exchange fees, going down to just 2 weeks is a great thing. We have been making about 6 to 8 exchanges a year.

Last edited: