• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval international Marriott internal exchange fee

fgrosoli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Streamside
good evening ,
I need some help to understand because I keep paying the full amount exchange fee for external exchange when instead i'm generally exchanging only Marriott for Marriott.
So I usually give one of my week in exchange with interval and I do it online.
I put a request for different other locations but only Marriott properties and I always paid the full amount exchange fee not the reduce Marriott to Marriott internal exchange.
I generally get a confirmation down the road but still paying like if it was an external exchange, am I missing something ? Do I need to do something different to take advantage of the reduced fee for internal Marriott exchange ?
Thanks

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The reduced fee is automatic so there is nothing to do. How much have you been paying for your Marriott to Marriott exchanges? Have you ever added a non-Marriott to your request?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Are you sure your requests only include Marriott properties? As long as you are putting requests in for other Marriott's, your fee will be the discounted M to M fee. If you include even one non Marriott property, it is the full exchange fee.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
good evening ,
I need some help to understand because I keep paying the full amount exchange fee for external exchange when instead i'm generally exchanging only Marriott for Marriott.
So I usually give one of my week in exchange with interval and I do it online
I put a request for different other locations but only Marriott properties and I always paid the full amount exchange fee not the reduce Marriott to Marriott internal exchange.
I generally get a confirmation down the road but still paying like if it was an external exchange, am I missing something ? Do I need to do something different to take advantage of the reduced fee for internal Marriott exchange ?
Thanks
How much do you pay- that may be the internal exchange fee. The regular exchange fee online is something like $184 ish.

fgrosoli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Streamside
The reduced fee is automatic so there is nothing to do. How much have you been paying for your Marriott to Marriott exchanges? Have you ever added a non-Marriott to your request?
I 'm paying $179 instead of $136 I believe for Marriott to Marriott....

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I just checked online $129 M to M $179 M to others. Can you do a cut and paste of your requests listed from your history page?-
Did you put any locations vs just Marriott II codes or add any other services? Is this a replacement week you are using (after a cancellation) or just your regularly reserved week?

fgrosoli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Streamside
I just checked online $129 M to M $179 M to others. Can you do a cut and paste of your requests listed from your history page?-
Did you put any locations vs just Marriott II codes or add any other services? Is this a replacement week you are using (after a cancellation) or just your regularly reserved week?
I had It already confirmed so my history just show the exchange not the request with all the resorts I asked for. Anyway I called and they told me that if I read the rules is very clear .
$129 is only if I exchange my week for a different week at my home resort and or my week for the same week at another marriott resort, so seems like that because I'm reserving a different week from the one I own at a different Marriott resort I need to pay the full exchange fee....

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had It already confirmed so my history just show the exchange not the request with all the resorts I asked for. Anyway I called and they told me that if I read the rules is very clear .
$129 is only if I exchange my week for a different week at my home resort and or my week for the same week at another marriott resort, so seems like that because I'm reserving a different week from the one I own at a different Marriott resort I need to pay the full exchange fee....
Unless Interval have changed their rules and fees very recently without advising members, what you were told is definitely wrong.
MVC to MVC exchanges (with no non MVC resorts requested) should be charged at the reduced rate irrespective of what week you are requesting for the MVC resort.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I think you got some bad information from a rep that was just trying to think of something to say to get you off the phone. I would try contacting the II TUG representative regarding your issue. I suspect though that you had some other non Marriott property in your search.

fgrosoli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Streamside
Thanks guys, anyway right or wrong I decided I will not waste time on it anymore... spending time on the phone waiting for someone to give you an explanation which is not even true it's just not for me....I just hate calling center and operators that are wasting my time....especially for $40 .... good part of all this is that I got my exchange from my vegas property exchanged with Aruba

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks guys, anyway right or wrong I decided I will not waste time on it anymore... spending time on the phone waiting for someone to give you an explanation which is not even true it's just not for me....I just hate calling center and operators that are wasting my time....especially for $40 .... good part of all this is that I got my exchange from my vegas property exchanged with Aruba
Is it possible that you included the Renaissance Aruba Resort timeshare in your request potentially thinking it was part of the Marriott network? If so, you wouldn't be the first to have done this. Only the Aruba Ocean Club and Aruba Surf Club are MVCI properties. The Renaissance is independent, but managed by Marriott International not Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

fgrosoli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Streamside
Is it possible that you included the Renaissance Aruba Resort timeshare in your request potentially thinking it was part of the Marriott network? If so, you wouldn't be the first to have done this. Only the Aruba Ocean Club and Aruba Surf Club are MVCI properties. The Renaissance is independent, but managed by Marriott International not Marriott Vacations Worldwide.
I honestly don't remember but could be at this point, even because I have done everything on the internet site not on the phone...anyway heading to Summit Watch tomorrow for some good snowboarding and next will be Aruba