• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Internet Access at WKORV-N, WPORV, and Lagunamar

Steve Hank

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be traveling to all three of these resorts over the next year. I have not been back to Maui for over two years, and the last time we were there, the Internet was very slow.

I need to use the internet for work during the day and my kids love to use it to watch Netflix and Youtube. I am wondering how the speeds are at each of the three properties above. If people could let me know about whether can can stream video and if they get high speed access suitable for work, that would be appreciated.

If anyone currently at the properties could post the speed from a speedtest.net test, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the help and feedback.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Was just at WKORV-N a few weeks ago and the internet was pretty speedy for the one day I had to do some business work (I uploaded a 338MB file relatively easily). Can't speak to Netflix or Youtube as we banned our family from internet entertainment that week (we did watch the TV in the unit - but that was the extent of our electronic entertainment) :cool:

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
We've stayed at both the Maui and Lagunamar properties within the past five months and have had no issues with the internet speed for office related work.

Maui has definitely improved. We own OF -- so we are consistently in the furthest units away from the building core. Although we recall issues with internet during past visits, we had no issues this year. But again, office work, not streaming video.

Last edited:

MattJ

Reaction score
We were in WKORV at the beginning of April and access seemed more speedy than the last time (2 years prior). Though I did not use it much, my daughter and her friend spent a lot of time on Netflix and Snapchat, Instagram, etc (teenagers!) on both phone and PC and I never heard any complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Do they still have functioning wired internet at Lagunamar? I remember on our first stay in 2013 that the wireless was horrible, but we did great using a WiFi hotspot on the wired connection.

tofuyan

Reaction score
We just watched a movie through the Internet at wkorv with no interruption or delays.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Do they still have functioning wired internet at Lagunamar? I remember on our first stay in 2013 that the wireless was horrible, but we did great using a WiFi hotspot on the wired connection.

Yes, I remember seeing a wired plug in on the wall ledge against the dining table. We didn't use it, the wireless worked fine for us. My son played his graphic heavy game all over the resort without problem. But we didn't stream any movies...Had many other things to do!

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes, I remember seeing a wired plug in on the wall ledge against the dining table. We didn't use it, the wireless worked fine for us. My son played his graphic heavy game all over the resort without problem. But we didn't stream any movies...Had many other things to do!
I am wondering if the plug still works?

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the wall plug but we streamed the world series last fall without any issue at Lagunamar.

We also watched some Netflix without issue. We will be taking our chrome cast next time and stream it to the larger TV vs laptop screen.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
We were just at Lagunamar last month. Our room had a Wifi router which was attached under or behind the desk, it was plugged into the ethernet socket in the wall. Because I often find the speeds are better when using my own router, I just unplugged the hotel router from the wall socket and plugged in my ethernet cable, which worked fine. However, doing that must have created a problem for their larger network, because later in the week I noticed that someone had come into the room and plugged the hotel's Wifi router back into the wall, and plugged my router into the LAN port on their router.

Everything continued to work fine, and the speed was decent for a hotel connection, I did work with no problems. So I'd recommend just using the hotel Wifi or plugging your ethernet cable directly into the existing Wifi router (if present) or into the wall socket (if not.) Hope that helps.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lagumamar and most other Westin properties seem to spec Rukus WiFi now and have it properly configured on 1, 6, 11.
Rukus make quality large area WiFi and it works great at WLR

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were just at Lagunamar last month. Our room had a Wifi router which was attached under or behind the desk, it was plugged into the ethernet socket in the wall. Because I often find the speeds are better when using my own router, I just unplugged the hotel router from the wall socket and plugged in my ethernet cable, which worked fine. However, doing that must have created a problem for their larger network, because later in the week I noticed that someone had come into the room and plugged the hotel's Wifi router back into the wall, and plugged my router into the LAN port on their router.

Everything continued to work fine, and the speed was decent for a hotel connection, I did work with no problems. So I'd recommend just using the hotel Wifi or plugging your ethernet cable directly into the existing Wifi router (if present) or into the wall socket (if not.) Hope that helps.
Yep the network health checks would have alerted to a device dropping offline.

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score

Currently enjoying our first stay at Westin Lagunamar (WLR) through an II exchange in a one-bedroom villa. We're in Room 1052.

There are two RJ45 ports in the wall of the counter of the dining area. One is used for the resort phone and the other is an available ehternet port (1052-1D in the image below). I bring an "old" router along on our trips, whenever possible, to create our own wifi hotspot and have access to a router port.

WLR_eth_port.jpg

WLR_eth_setup.jpg

The round gadget between the phone and router is actually an RJ45 cable already there in the room for wired ethernet use. I also appreciated the built-in usb charging ports in the power outlet.

If anyone currently at the properties could post the speed from a speedtest.net test, that would be greatly appreciated.

WLR_eth.png

This was the Speedtest result of the wired ethernet connection from the RJ45 port straight to my laptop with no router. It's fast enough for many applications. I ran the test three times and the results are about the same. I have an Amazon fireTVstick streaming very well via our secured wifi hotspot and have a stable VPN connection to my office in mainland US.

Hope this helps.

sdsanta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Been to Lagunamar past 5 years in a row, initially wi-fi was awful, last two stays it was greatly improved. No issues streaming Netflix, etc.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Currently enjoying our first stay at Westin Lagunamar (WLR) through an II exchange in a one-bedroom villa. We're in Room 1052.

There are two RJ45 ports in the wall of the counter of the dining area. One is used for the resort phone and the other is an available ehternet port (1052-1D in the image below). I bring an "old" router along on our trips, whenever possible, to create our own wifi hotspot and have access to a router port.

WLR_eth_port.jpg

WLR_eth_setup.jpg

The round gadget between the phone and router is actually an RJ45 cable already there in the room for wired ethernet use. I also appreciated the built-in usb charging ports in the power outlet.

WLR_eth.png

This was the Speedtest result of the wired ethernet connection from the RJ45 port straight to my laptop with no router. It's fast enough for many applications. I ran the test three times and the results are about the same. I have an Amazon fireTVstick streaming very well via our secured wifi hotspot and have a stable VPN connection to my office in mainland US.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. I have a small pocket hotspot I may pack along to Lagunamar. Probably won't need it, but it could make the connection more secure.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I have a small pocket hotspot I may pack along to Lagunamar. Probably won't need it, but it could make the connection more secure.
Rukus WiFi is pretty secure out of the box. More so than the average consumer grade device