• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

International drive or Parc Soleil

Ccall

Reaction score
Which is better? We are a group of 6 ppl, two preteen girls, Disney fanatics. The girls want their pool time.

bdj604

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed at I-Drive for years and I cannot say enough good things about the rec staff and all the activities they offer around the pool. Absolutely outstanding!!

With that said, however, the physical pool arrangement at PS is far superior for your kids. They have a pool slide, zero entry, much bigger pool and, like I-Drive, offer lots of organized activities. It is slightly closer to Disney although both sites are really close. But if the pool experience is a big factor, I would most definitely go with PS.

Last edited:

Purseval

Reaction score
My vote is for Parc Soleil and we own at I-Drive. The only advantage to I-Drive over Parc Soleil is if you don't have a car and want to shop. Then you can walk to a Supermarket, some fast food joints and the outlet mall.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I agree that the pool at PS is better (plus it has a waterslide that the kids love). Driving to Disney is a bit easier at PS since you don't have to cross the interstate, which can get conjested at times. OTOH, there is a good-sized outlet mall next to I-Drive that, depending on the girls, might be a big hit. The I-Drive pools are very nice as well, so I'm sure everyone would have a great time at either place.

You could always split your time across both locations, but that would mean packing up and moving in the middle of your vacation.

Kurt

chickensoop

Reaction score
How do the crowds compare at the pools for these 2 resorts? I've been to International drive and the pool area crowd is reasonable - lots of free chairs available when i went in September.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I don't think you will have problems at either place, but it is far less likely to be crowded at Parc Soleil. Think about it: at PS, they have already built the main pool complex, but they have only built 2 of the 6 or 8? planned buildings. That pool complex is way oversized for just the two buildings, so you shouldn't ever have a problem with crowds.

Kurt