• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interior difference between Manor Club and Manor Club Sequel

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have another stay at Manor Club in February. I went to the online website and was stuck with the photo gallery. The interiors show were much more up-to-date than the ones we had. I called the resort to see if perhaps some of the units were renewed and others were scheduled to be renewed. The person I spoke with said new interiors are only in original Manor Club while old interiors are staying in the Sequel with simple touch ups.

I didn't keep the owners newsletter. I didn't even read it this year, just past it along to hubbie.

Does anyone have more details? The interiors are very different. Photos of the original side look comfortable.

Thanks,
Suzzanne

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I can't answer the question except to say that the interiors in the original section have always been extremely comfortable. The only ones nicer of all the 30 MVCI resorts I have stayed at are those at Kauai Lagoons. The only time I stayed in the Sequel (several years ago) it seemed standard Marriott--very nice but not equal to the original. So I am thinking that the two sections have maybe always had different furnishings. Others would be better able to answer, however, as we have stayed in Berkeley every trip there except for that one very short stay in the Sequel.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everyone has always said that the original is nicer although it sleeps 6 rather than 8. II has it elite with maxed reviews vs Premier and 4.5 star for sequel. It's interesting that if you go to book online the only 2BR option appears to be the original. I am looking forward to a stay later this year.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Everyone has always said that the original is nicer although it sleeps 6 rather than 8. II has it elite with maxed reviews vs Premier and 4.5 star for sequel. It's interesting that if you go to book online the only 2BR option appears to be the original. I am looking forward to a stay later this year.
I don't think you will be disappointed. If it is off season or shoulder season when you go, you should request Berkeley. (Probably can't get it as an exchanger in high season bit it never hurts to try.) That building was originally built to be full ownership condos and it shows.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
marriott.com shows the interiors for the original section but the owners site shows interiors for Sequel. Sequel looks pretty good in pictures but there's some things we found very uncomfortable. First it was the sofa. Not very deep. Some people would like that but I love a deep sofa. And I love ottomans. The coffee table becomes an uncomfortable ottoman because it has a raised lip around the outside edge. I add one of the sofa pillows to counter this but sofa was still narrow and stiff. T.v. is raised over the fireplace. With such a short distance from sofa to t.v. you have to keep your head at an upwards angle. We thought about just making the sofa up into the bed and it would then become a large chaise. It would make the room untidy but with just the 2 of us being there in the evenings it would be significantly more comfortable. Will probably do this on our February stay.

I looked at changing our February stay to the original side but there are no units offered for our week. We only need the 1 bedroom so we'll make due with what we have.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sequel interiors were redone a few years ago. They are still colonial with dark woods. Kitchen has granite, stainless steel, etc. You will like the Sequel. Original section got upgraded a year ago and have more true colonial colors (blacks, reds, etc.).