• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interesting "offer" for RCI traders

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Got this in email today:
New Offer: Last minute exchange vacations - as low as 35,000 Points!
CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus and RCI bring you a great new offer - RCI Express! Now through the end of the year, RCI Express lets you exchange at Quiet season rates for a wide range of select RCI® exchange vacations when you book within 30 days of travel.†* No matter what season it is, you can get away for as few as 35,000 Points for 7 nights!
There's a grid that I can't seem to copy into this thread. Basically, studios booked within 30 days require 35K of points versus up to 90k, 1-brs 63k vs up to 126K, 2-brs 77k vs up to 205K and 3-brs 112K vs up to 300k.

RCI is a horrible value for the use of points, but this makes it more palatable if you are able to make the 30-day window work for you. (And, of course, providing you are able to find something lol) I had noted in a couple of surveys I had taken that it was insane to use my Wyndham points on close-date exchanges when I can often book through a fixed-week TPU for 4 or 5 TPUs. This will be of some benefit to me since I do tend to travel at the last minute.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
This is great. I've only used RCI for "high value" exchanges (e.g. DVC, Manhattan Club), and I've always thought that it was a little silly that we still had the full-price points grid for last-minute exchanges whereas TPU exchangers saw vastly reduced TPUs at the last minute.

Edit: Although I don't see yet how to access the last-minute discounted points.

donnaval

TUG Member
Reaction score
LOL - I don't see how to use it yet either. It took some searching but I found a 1-br exchange for next week at Bonnet Creek, but it's still showing me that it would cost 126k to book the week, not the 63k promised in the email.

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've found a few at the discounted price schedule, but I don't know what the original values were, so I can't be sure these are ones where the cost actually dropped. I've also found a bunch in the next month that are at the normal values, so I don't know how one determines what the "wide range of select RCI® exchange vacations" will encompass :)

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI said it has to be searched within the 30 window. If there is a special under this program it would show there. There is not a method to see a listing of what is available all in one spot.

Here are a few that are in the ballpark that are showing.

For dates Sun 26-Mar-2017 to Sun 16-Apr-2017 ( -21 Nights )

2 Bedrooms
SELECT UNIT
Sun 26-Mar-2017 to Sun 02-Apr-2017
Max Occup(Privacy)

:
6 (4)
Kitchen

:
Full
rciWeeks.png
Points 77000
2 Bedrooms
SELECT UNIT
Sat 08-Apr-2017 to Sat 15-Apr-2017
Max Occup(Privacy)

:
6 (4)
Kitchen

:
Full
rciWeeks.png
Points 77000
1 Bedroom
SELECT UNIT
Sun 09-Apr-2017 to Sun 16-Apr-2017
Max Occup(Privacy)

:
4 (2)
Kitchen

:
Full
rciWeeks.png
Points 63000
1 Bedroom
SELECT UNIT
Max Occup(Privacy)

:
4 (2)
Kitchen

:
Partial
rciWeeks.png
Points 63000
2 Bedrooms
SELECT UNIT
Max Occup(Privacy)

:
6 (4)
Kitchen

:
Full
rciWeeks.png
Points 77000

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been poking around and I finally found one for March 26 for Myrtle Beach, originally 127K, discounted to 95,250. This might have to be a new sticky topic over in Sightings as this is going to take tenacity. :)

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How did you see what it originally was? 127K is a weird amount that wasn't even on the original points grid anyway.

Edit: Oh, I see. The 127K to 95,250 is at OB directly through Wyndham. It was mentioned in another thread that there were some points discounts through Wyndham in MB in March. Otherwise, this topic is about RCI's opaque new "offer," a different thing.

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
How did you see what it originally was? 127K is a weird amount that wasn't even on the original points grid anyway.

Edit: Oh, I see. The 127K to 95,250 is at OB directly through Wyndham. It was mentioned in another thread that there were some points discounts through Wyndham in MB in March. Otherwise, this topic is about RCI's opaque new "offer," a different thing.

I saw discounts in Williamsburg as well so I think that it just takes time. "Where do I NOT want to go this month?" That is where they are. lol

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's one:

Cliffs at Peace Canyon in Vegas
1 Bedroom checking in on 4/14 is 63,000
1 Bedroom checking in on 4/22 is 105,000

I see a whole bunch at Smugglers' Notch that are discounted as well.

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I saw discounts in Williamsburg as well so I think that it just takes time. "Where do I NOT want to go this month?" That is where they are. lol

My point, though, is that this thread started talking about discounts through the RCI portal, and the MB and Williamsburg discounts you're pointing out are directly in the Wyndham system. Which aren't necessarily uninteresting, but are probably better discussed in the other thread that's specifically talking about Wyndham points discounts.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Another - Atlantic Palace in Atlantic City, NJ
4/7/17 studio is 35k
4/21/17 studio is 77k

And - Crown Point Condominiums in Ruidoso, NM
4/7/17 3BR is 112k
4/21/17 3BR is 232k (!)

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
My guess is it is similar to the discounts offered for RCI points members. Generally the discount will apply to weeks inventory (the $230 exchange fee) within 30 days of check in that is given a tpu value of 11 or less. Anything that RCI deems as a higher value even if it is the day before check in will not be discounted. Points inventory doesn't really have a schedule of value/discounts for when it is reduced and by how much. If RCI decides it is excess inventory and they want to move it they will discount it to whatever extent they decide.

It sounds good but with the exchange fee so high and the sales on last calls/getaways for the same type of inventory, you may end up paying less than the $230 exchange fee just getting it as a rental. Other times the rental price may be $249-279 so you have to decide if it is worth it to use points along with the $230 exchange fee.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another - Atlantic Palace in Atlantic City, NJ
4/7/17 studio is 35k
4/21/17 studio is 77k

And - Crown Point Condominiums in Ruidoso, NM
4/7/17 3BR is 112k
4/21/17 3BR is 232k (!)

So I am in RCI and I do see Williamsburg for 63,000 over the next couple of weeks and the same unit for 105,000 over 30 days out. The same dates are on last call for $294.