• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Trade into Elara Las Vegas

lll1929

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did a EPlus trade from a 1bdrm at Marriott Grand Chateau into a 1bdrm at the Elara Hilton. I am trying to figure out what type of 1 bdrm I am receiving in exchange. Is there a way to figure that out? In II, the unit says Unit: G1B (1 Bedroom)

Also, is there much difference in the 1bdrms. I believe I have a bdrm with stovetop, full size fridge and W/D.

Last edited:

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I am not sure which one you are assigned but here are the different 1 Bedrooms at Elara.

1 Bedroom Grand (1BB)

Size 930 sqft Accommodates 4 guests

• This spacious one-bedroom, one-bathroom suite features a master bedroom with king-size bed and master bath with a free-standing shower and separate large whirlpool jet tub. The suite also includes a generous living room with a separate dining area, queen-size sofa bed, projector TV with 8-ft screen, and full kitchen complete with a TV, cooktop, dishwasher, microwave oven, refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster and combination washer/dryer. In-suite amenities include wall safe, iron, ironing board and hairdryer. All Standard units are located on floors 4-39.
1 Bedroom Grand (1BR)
Size 884-1,020 sqft Accommodates 4 guests

• This spacious one-bedroom, one-bathroom suite features a master bedroom with king-size bed and master bath with a free-standing shower and separate large whirlpool jet tub. The suite also includes a generous living room with separate dining area, queen sofa bed, projector TV with 8-ft screen, and a full kitchen complete with TV, cooktop, dishwasher, microwave oven, refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster and combination washer/dryer. In-suite amenities include wall safe, iron, ironing board and hairdryer. All Standard units are located on floors 4-39.
1 Bedroom Grand Plus (1BX)

• This spacious one-bedroom, one-bathroom suite features a master bedroom with king-size bed and master bath with a free-standing shower and separate large whirlpool jet tub. The suite also includes a generous living room with separate dining area, queen-size sofa bed, projector TV with 8-ft screen, and a full kitchen complete with cooktop, dishwasher, microwave oven, refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster, TV and combination washer/dryer. In-suite amenities include wall safe, iron, ironing board and hairdryer. All Plus units are located on floors 50-56.
1 Bedroom Grand Plus (1LP)

This spacious one-bedroom, one-bathroom suite features a master bedroom with king-size bed and master bath with a free-standing shower and separate large whirlpool jet tub. The suite also includes a generous living room with queen-size sofa bed and projector TV with 8-ft screen, as well as a full kitchen with cooktop, dishwasher, microwave oven, refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster, TV, and combination washer/dryer. In-suite amenities include wall safe, iron, ironing board and hairdryer. All Plus units are located on floors 50-56.​

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
If you did an II trade it would not be the hgvc rooms. It would be the room with the company before hgvc bought out the restbof the rooms. Hgvc trades in rci.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Does the grand Chateau exchange list a separate tub and shower or the combination tub/shower? Grand Chateau has a smaller 1 bedroom that is the lock out of a 3 bedroom master suite. It's smaller and is located at the end of each wing. Grand Chateau also has larger 1 bedroom units that stand on their own but mostly 1 bedroom units that are lock outs of a 2 bedroom master suite. Both of these are essentially the same size and are the ines that have a separate tub and shower.

Any Elera exchange thru II is inventory acquired from Westgate's inventory. I suspect you'll be on a low floor with a poor view but, that's only a guess. My experience exchanging into Westgate units is we're always placed in the smallest available unit. In this case that would be what Hilton describes as a junior suite.

Last edited:

lll1929

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the grand Chateau exchange list a separate tub and shower or the combination tub/shower? Grand Chateau has a smaller 1 bedroom that is the lock out of a 3 bedroom master suite. It's smaller and is located at the end of each wing. Grand Chateau also has larger 1 bedroom units that stand on their own but mostly 1 bedroom units that are lock outs of a 2 bedroom master suite. Both of these are essentially the same size and are the ines that have a separate tub and shower.

Any Elera exchange thru II is inventory acquired from Westgate's inventory. I suspect you'll be on a low floor with a poor view but, that's only a guess. My experience exchanging into Westgate units is we're always placed in the smallest available unit. In this case that would be what Hilton describes as a junior suite.

Thanks for your input.. I was reading the confirmation and understood view and floor wouldn't be guaranteed, but they don't have to match the accommodation's listed?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It could also be that you get the older Westgate Black and Red decor NOT the newly renovated HGVC Creams and Browns units.

There is a JR Suite too, so I guess that could also be lumped into the 1 BRs types too. They also have regular and plus.

Here is a plus description I just grabbed....
1 Bedroom Junior Suite Plus
This one-bedroom, one-bathroom junior plus suite features a master bedroom with king-size bed and bathroom with a standard whirlpool jet tub with shower. The unit also includes a living room with separate dining area and queen-size sofa bed, and a kitchenette with a microwave oven, coffee maker, toaster, small refrigerator and small dishwasher. In-suite amenities include a wall safe, iron, ironing board and hairdryer. Junior suites do not include an in-unit washer/dryer. All Plus units are located on floors 50-56.

lll1929

TUG Member
Reaction score
It could also be that you get the older Westgate Black and Red decor NOT the newly renovated HGVC Creams and Browns units.

There is a JR Suite too, so I guess that could also be lumped into the 1 BRs types too. They also have regular and plus.

Here is a plus description I just grabbed....
1 Bedroom Junior Suite Plus
This one-bedroom, one-bathroom junior plus suite features a master bedroom with king-size bed and bathroom with a standard whirlpool jet tub with shower. The unit also includes a living room with separate dining area and queen-size sofa bed, and a kitchenette with a microwave oven, coffee maker, toaster, small refrigerator and small dishwasher. In-suite amenities include a wall safe, iron, ironing board and hairdryer. Junior suites do not include an in-unit washer/dryer. All Plus units are located on floors 50-56.

I talked with Interval and they said Hilton would have to honor the capacity which is 4, as well as the Accommodations, which list stove and full size fridge. I'm not as concerned with the décor, just whether or not I would get a full kitchen or a Jr Suite. I know II isn't always truthful, but the re-trade is done and can't be reversed... :(

Thanks for the feedback everyone

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Jr suites do sleep 4. So that requirement is met.

Full Size Fridge and Stove should be a 1 BR Grand but I have had issues with trades period. You are limited to what is communicated to the resort, and how they interpret that.

I had an II trade that the resort refused to honor. It was a while ago. But I was given less than 2 weeks notice. It was not II to blame directly, but clearly their communications to and understanding with the resort about what they were getting into that was not clearly understood by the resort. The resort was just going to pull out of program. Great, I was just the first guest that they would NOT honor the exchange for.

lll1929

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jr suites do sleep 4. So that requirement is met.

Full Size Fridge and Stove should be a 1 BR Grand but I have had issues with trades period. You are limited to what is communicated to the resort, and how they interpret that.

I had an II trade that the resort refused to honor. It was a while ago. But I was given less than 2 weeks notice. It was not II to blame directly, but clearly their communications to and understanding with the resort about what they were getting into that was not clearly understood by the resort. The resort was just going to pull out of program. Great, I was just the first guest that they would NOT honor the exchange for.

Thanks for letting me know the Jr Suite sleeps 4. I was looking at their website and it said max capacity is 3. I really hope they honor the certificate, but we shall see...

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I went to the web site and Hilton lists the jr suite as having a mini fridge, so if your confirmation says full size refrigerator, you shouldn't be placed in a junior suite.

Jr suites also do not have an in unit washer/dryer, so if your confirmation says you have a washer/dryer I would assume you'll be in a 1 bedroom grand unit.

We have always booked a Grand Plus unit. As I understand it, the Plus only indicates a high floor, which is why we book that room category. Other than that I believe all 1 bedroom Grand units are very similar.

Here's a photo album from last years stay https://dougp26364.smugmug.com/HGVC-Elera-Las-Vegas-NV/

And from 2014, which has more pictures of the pool area https://dougp26364.smugmug.com/Travel/TImeshare/HVVC-Elera-1-Bedroom/

Last edited: