• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II points

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Hi, I'm within my rescind time and am curious about II points. I know common advice from most will be to rescind. Backstory is I bought a cheap triannual from Williamsburg Plantation about 7 years ago. I've been able to exchange( I don't even think I'm exchanging correctly, I've always just used AC) to FL multiple times and had no problems. Here lately I've not been able to find anything more than a studio. We happened to take a weekend trip to Williamsburg and ended up deciding on a package for 118k II points on what we bought but also converts my yellow tri to almost 60k points. It also put us up into VV platinum thing so I can trade internally with them.(Supposedly I couldn't with what I currently owned). I've looked around and don't see any resale of II points so I'm having a hard time comparing values. I know I bought at a premium from developer, just trying to ascertain how high of a premium.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think II points revert back to deeded weeks so you can't sell II points. I don't think you will have that much more luck with points than with weeks. Your best bet is to rescind and to start ongoing searches in II for what you want.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
How long have "II Points" even existed?

We don't exchange and don't belong to II, but I had never even heard of "II Points" in over 30+ years of association with timeshares. :shrug:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
They are called Club interval Gold and they have been around more than 5 years. They never caught on with as many resorts as RCI points and because you can't buy them on the secondary market means must regulars here won't have direct experience with them. Here's a post from 2011 when it was first being introduced: http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/2011-confused-interval-international-points-now.151087/
II has a fair number of users who exchange using points but most use points directly from their own systems (DRI, Wyndham, Marriott, Worldmark, Vistana flex (only) and others). II points or Club interval Gold is sold as conversions and new sales at maybe a dozen or so resorts that do not have internal points systems.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
I think II points revert back to deeded weeks so you can't sell II points. I don't think you will have that much more luck with points than with weeks. Your best bet is to rescind and to start ongoing searches in II for what you want.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on why I wouldn't have any more luck with points? I know it's based on availability but going by the guide thing, once I have my points from deposit, I should be able to purchase anything up to my points value? Or will I just never see them as available?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think there is a whole lot of availability you aren't already seeing. Do you own the 4 br that you split into 2br and 2br or a 2 br that splits into 1br and 1br which week? Where and when are you trying to go? I own at Williamsburg plantations and I own points at another resort and online availability really isn't that much different. I do own a summer week so if you own off season it may be worse.

So you are going to end up with 118,000 every year and then 60,000 extra every third year?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
I don't think there is a whole lot of availability you aren't already seeing. Do you own the 4 br that you split into 2br and 2br or a 2 br that splits into 1br and 1br which week? Where and when are you trying to go? I own at Williamsburg plantations and I own points at another resort and online availability really isn't that much different. I do own a summer week so if you own off season it may be worse.

So you are going to end up with 118,000 every year and then 60,000 extra every third year?

2 BR tri. Both. One in 2018 @118k points and the other in 2020 @ 60k. I was considering taking up the "price lock" on what I just purchased next year and buying a third tri to make it like a yearly?

The one in 2020 is garbage, I'm aware of that. It's week 4 in Williamsburg. Dude should be proud he sold that. The new one is week 13, which was appealing to us as it's around both little ones b-day.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you want to use a week 13 every third year than you would get no points that year and you still be stuck with a 60,000 every third year which would only get you a studio in prime season.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
If you want to use a week 13 every third year than you would get no points that year and you still be stuck with a 60,000 every third year which would only get you a studio in prime season.
I'm not that interested in using it there. I was looking more at being able to use the points elsewhere. And also being able to trade internally with vacation villages instead of the 60,000 points. Was basically wondering if anybody had experience using points to get a higher accommodation is it difficult or is it something that's readily available.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It depends where and when you want to go and how early you put in your request. Sounds like you probably live somewhere in the East. If you want a 2 br in the summer in a mid atlantic beach or Carolina beach, you would need to put in your request 1 year in advance with the points and you may or may not get a match depending on how open your summer schedule is and what happens to be deposited. If you rely on searching online without a search your chances are even worse. The problem with II is availability in that type of inventory as much as your trading power. I just think you will be disappointed that you still see essentially the same inventory that you see now.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
It depends where and when you want to go and how early you put in your request. Sounds like you probably live somewhere in the East. If you want a 2 br in the summer in a mid atlantic beach or Carolina beach, you would need to put in your request 1 year in advance with the points and you may or may not get a match depending on how open your summer schedule is and what happens to be deposited. If you rely on searching online without a search your chances are even worse. The problem with II is availability in that type of inventory as much as your trading power. I just think you will be disappointed that you still see essentially the same inventory that you see now.
Thanks. As far as our usual vacations go, we tend to do off season most if the time. I'm basically searching for a way to have the availability of a few weeks a year if I want(off season) or if we want to use it all in one shot to still be able to get a two bedroom. Yeah, I'm east coast, DE, right in the middle. But you're suggesting that we might not be able to, even with early deposit. Sorry, I'm out or I had more to say. Will check back.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have two 2-BR weeks at Vistana Resort Orlando and I'm looking for a way to exchange these for four 1-BR weeks (or at least three weeks). I wonder whether Club Interval Gold is the way to do this?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No because resorts that have an internal exchange program like Vistana won't sell conversions to Club Interval Gold. They want to sell you a developer Vistana purchase so they can retro into SVN.

Interval doesn't even publish a list of resorts that participate in their points program. My guess is it may be as few as 12-20 resorts total.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
No because resorts that have an internal exchange program like Vistana won't sell conversions to Club Interval Gold. They want to sell you a developer Vistana purchase so they can retro into SVN.

Interval doesn't even publish a list of resorts that participate in their points program. My guess is it may be as few as 12-20 resorts total.
So your opinion is that II points won't be usable?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For you they are usable but I am guessing you spent at least $10,000 or more and you won't see $10,000 worth of improvement. If you were going to get 118k points with what you already have and the cost to convert was $3000 I might think it worth it. Don't forget your interval fees are going to go up to about $160 or so a year as well and when you are in points they don't give you the 2 for 1 type specials that occasionally float around.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
For you they are usable but I am guessing you spent at least $10,000 or more and you won't see $10,000 worth of improvement. If you were going to get 118k points with what you already have and the cost to convert was $3000 I might think it worth it. Don't forget your interval fees are going to go up to about $160 or so a year as well and when you are in points they don't give you the 2 for 1 type specials that occasionally float around.
I guess I should have stated what I sent. 5300 for the new week. I spent 3500 in 2010 on the original week in 2010.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You could get a Platinum or Gold Marriott's Manor Club sequel, which is a lockoff. Then you could trade in II with both parts giving you two lovely vacations. Same thing holds true for a platinum or gold Marriott's Willow Ridge. The cost would be minimal for the Gold units, and less expensive than $5300 for the platinum weeks. I mention these two timeshares because (a) they're Marriott's (b) have low maintenance fees (c) trade exceptionally well on II and (d) would allow you to cancel your new developer points.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
So I was sold on the resale thing but was told my salesperson that I would be responsible for fixing the unit if there was say a hurricane if I bought resale. I'm thinking this was a lie? I'm thinking we're looking to rescind and maybe pick up a week or two from the bargain bin here as they pop up in places she and I like to go. Orlando and I'd like to pick up a week at massenuten.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
So I was sold on the resale thing but was told my salesperson that I would be responsible for fixing the unit if there was say a hurricane if I bought resale. I'm thinking this was a lie? I'm thinking we're looking to rescind and maybe pick up a week or two from the bargain bin here as they pop up in places she and I like to go. Orlando and I'd like to pick up a week at massenuten.
No matter what, you should definitely rescind! That hurricane thing is ridiculous.