TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

II cancellation replacement week under 60 days Florida

Discussion in 'Exchanging' started by Panina, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc McAplin & Eagles Nest, Sunrise Bay, Hideaway Sands, Voyager, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Cold Springs, Banyan
    I had a week that I traded to go to at the end of October in Fort Myers. My other weeks that were stringed with this vacation have been devastated so decided for one week I was not going to see if this resort opens.

I called II to get a replacement week which they did but being this trade was to happen in less then 60 days, my replacement week can only be used for short term trades within 60 days. I did ask because of Irma anyway to get one without this restriction. I was told no.

Even though I'm disappointed, I'm happy at least I got something.

2. lscott

lscott TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

I had to cancel a week in Oct for personal reasons. Lost fee as I expected but was given a year to use a replacement week requested within 60 days of vacation. I thought this was fair.

3. klpca

klpca TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, HGVC Bay Club
    As bad as a flexchange week can seem, there are a lot of late cancellations/deposits that happen during this time. If you are diligent in searching, there are some real gems that become available. Plus you have no upgrade fees. I understand the disappointment, but in the end, it may work out. Also, I am pretty sure that you can add eplus to a flexchange replacement week. So once you are within 60 days of the expiration date, you can trade into something (anything!) then you can do three consecutive eplus retrades to get 6 months out from the expiration date. See this thread: http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/e-plus-on-flex-restricted-deposit.250549/

4. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc McAplin & Eagles Nest, Sunrise Bay, Hideaway Sands, Voyager, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Cold Springs, Banyan
    With my high trading weeks, the flex week is fine, usually good things. Of all my weeks, this week was my only weak week. With a request, I am always bumped higher. With flex it is weaker.

klpca likes this.
  5. klpca

Resorts Owned:
    Well that's a bummer. Is it a studio? I have the hardest time with those.

6. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    It is a one bedroom underrated in II. This is my only week that actually gets much better trade value in RCI. All my other weeks do better in II. I did a request first and got a very good trade in II with the bump.

I do not seem to have any problem trading my studios but they are high demand areas in prime time.

7. klpca

Resorts Owned:
    Interesting. My Donatello week definitely did better in RCI (and even SFX) because of size. San Francisco is pretty high demand, but because it was a studio, I couldn't see much of anything larger than a 1 bedroom in Interval, even with the upcharges. I stopped trying to trade it in Interval. Very frustrating. So I feel your pain.

8. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

They did give unrestricted replacement weeks but they were only for check-ins the week immediately after the storm.