• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I need some help. Transfer back to Wyndam

Denny1524

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndam
I know just about nothing when it comes to timeshares. Well I know I don't want one. My mother has had two over the years that she does not use and pays on. she recently got an offer from Wyndham that is only good for 21 days. Smells fishy!! They will transfer her contract back to Wyndham Vacation Resorts Inc. For no charge and no further obligation. The letter is from Wyndham Vacation Resorts Inc. Title Services 6277 Sea Harbor Drive Orlando FL US.

Anyone have experiance with this? Thank you

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
yep. The program is called Ovation. I dont think that there is a 21 day expiration of the offer,

Its a legit offer

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
It smells, but it's possible. Where are the timeshares deeded? If at a demand location they may want to either add it to the trust or resell the deed. I'm surprised Wyndham hasn't scooped up resells properties off eBay, etc., and establish another revenue stream this way.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ovations does have a time limit on their written offers ... which due to their needs and offered paper work being out.

If I offer to give you my dog as I need to find a new home for the critter and you tell me that you need to think about it... do I say ...
you got 2 days OR
I need to move within 2 two weeks
OR whenever you get around to figuring it out as I will just put my business & life on hold til I here from you?

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
While the ovations program does not have time limit, Wyndham may be placing a time limit for how long they will guarantee that these particular properties will be accepted into the program. When I used ovations, I was given a time limit for completing the paperwork beyond which they would not guarantee that my properties would be accepted.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ovations does have a time limit on their written offers ... which due to their needs and offered paper work being out.

If I offer to give you my dog as I need to find a new home for the critter and you tell me that you need to think about it... do I say ...
you got 2 days OR
I need to move within 2 two weeks
OR whenever you get around to figuring it out as I will just put my business & life on hold til I here from you?
Exactly it creates a sense of urgency. That is also what they do to close a prospect, the deal is only good today. And replacement windows

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Exactly it creates a sense of urgency. That is also what they do to close a prospect, the deal is only good today. And replacement windows

Every offer has to (should) have a deadline. In this case, it isn't designed to manufacture urgency, it's so that the offer has an endpoint if the company changes direction.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm only going by what I was told when I did one.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Somewhat related

Wyndham is advertising on google. I googled "sell Wyndham timeshares" and one of the ads that pop up is wyndhams

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
I know just about nothing when it comes to timeshares. Well I know I don't want one. My mother has had two over the years that she does not use and pays on. she recently got an offer from Wyndham that is only good for 21 days. Smells fishy!! They will transfer her contract back to Wyndham Vacation Resorts Inc. For no charge and no further obligation. The letter is from Wyndham Vacation Resorts Inc. Title Services 6277 Sea Harbor Drive Orlando FL US.

Anyone have experiance with this? Thank you

If you gave us some information maybe we could determine if there is any $$$ value to her timeshares. Some can be sold if the the owner wants to move on. With Wyndham's Ovation program she will receive nothing. How many points does she have? What resort, if any, are they deeded at? Does she owe any money on them? Give us a couple answers and maybe we can show you a better way.