• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch!!! Any Tuggers here?

dahntahn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs, Hyatt Beach House, Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Has there been any information on when HRC will actually publish in writing the details and rules of this new plan that we have been hearing about for many months and about which swirls all kinds of conflicting rumor and misinformation?

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Has there been any information on when HRC will actually publish in writing the details and rules of this new plan that we have been hearing about for many months and about which swirls all kinds of conflicting rumor and misinformation?
No. Other than the information included by davevt98 in Post 276 of "Hyatt Pure Points Program" thread, we're hearing nothing but crickets from HRC. I'm starting to wonder if the tentative rollout in Florida is designed to be some kind of test market to gauge legacy owners' interest in "upgrading" to the HRP (or what we've been calling Pure Points). Without massive conversions, HRP is going to find it both expensive and tedious to try to build a portfolio of desirable weeks in the HRP inventory by slowly accumulating them through ROFR. And I'm guessing the test market is not going well. The reason so little information is available is because Hyatt is fine-tuning, adjusting, and trying to figure out how they can create something that's attractive to legacy owners as well as to new marks for the HRP. I'm guessing they're finding that task increasingly difficult.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
No. Other than the information included by davevt98 in Post 276 of "Hyatt Pure Points Program" thread, we're hearing nothing but crickets from HRC. I'm starting to wonder if the tentative rollout in Florida is designed to be some kind of test market to gauge legacy owners' interest in "upgrading" to the HRP (or what we've been calling Pure Points). Without massive conversions, HRP is going to find it both expensive and tedious to try to build a portfolio of desirable weeks in the HRP inventory by slowly accumulating them through ROFR. And I'm guessing the test market is not going well. The reason so little information is available is because Hyatt is fine-tuning, adjusting, and trying to figure out how they can create something that's attractive to legacy owners as well as to new marks for the HRP. I'm guessing they're finding that task increasingly difficult.

I would hope you're right, because that might make a little sense, but from what I've heard recently about ILG's financial issues, I'm not so sure.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Until Hyatt comes out with official information in writing, I really think any information from the sales weasels is (take your pick): a) pure speculation; b) pure fabrication; or c) pure misinformation. Let's face it: ILG has been itching to figure out how to create synergy and shareholder value (or--to put it another way--increased profit margins) by somehow merging the Hyatt and Vistana systems ever since their Vistana buyout in 2016. HRP (the name given by ILG for what we all have been referring to as Pure Points) is their attempt to do so. It doesn't make sense to create a program which only re-positions the Hyatt program without also including Vistana. Why? The weasels need a compelling sales story--and telling Hyatt owners to convert their fixed weeks into a points program for tens of thousands of dollars in order to get points for...oh, something that carries much less value than what they already own may be sufficient for the clueless newbies but will not attract existing owners to convert. The compelling sales story, then, must include Vistana: Look at the wide reach of resorts we can now offer! We now have five resorts in Hawaii, not one! We now can offer locations like Orlando, Scottsdale, Cancun--places you cannot visit with your HRC ownership! And look at the flexibility--you're not locked in to one fixed week anymore! Blah, blah, blah!

As Cropman so eloquently put it, "Great. Conflicting info from the salesmen."

For now, the only value in attending an owner's update is for the freebie. Because the information is essentially useless. Oh wait--did I say "for now"??? My mistake. Nothing has changed :)

I don't see PPP owners having priority access to all Vistana resorts. Maybe the resorts in the Flex system, but not the Westins. Even the Vistana folks who own FLEX don't have priority access to these over resale mandatory owners. The six resorts in FLEX are:
  • Sheraton Vistana Resort (FL-Orlando)
  • Sheraton Vistana Villages (FL-Orlando)
  • Vistana's Beach Club (FL-Jensen Beach)
  • Sheraton Desert Oasis (AZ-Scottsdale)
  • Sheraton Broadway Plantation (SC-Myrtle Beach)
  • Sheraton Steamboat Springs (CO-Steamboat Springs)

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I don't see PPP owners having priority access to all Vistana resorts. Maybe the resorts in the Flex system, but not the Westins. Even the Vistana folks who own FLEX don't have priority access to these over resale mandatory owners. The six resorts in FLEX are:

You may be right, but you're looking at things through the lens of current rules of use for HRC, Vistana Flex, and Westin resorts. I'm looking at it through a more strategic viewpoint of what ILG wants to do to create synergy with all of these highly-leveraged new toys they own--namely, the HRC system and the Vistana/Starwood system. Having these systems operate independently as they have while under the management aegis of their respective hotel chains might be nice, but the returns are not very exciting when you've incurred very large debt burdens in order to finance the acquisitions of those systems. And in order to "juice" the returns on investment, I am guessing that ILG management is wanting to create a new "super-option" called HRP which will allow those members (not HRC or Vistana owners, unless they convert and agree to a so-called "upgrade") to gain access to all of the resorts that ILG now owns.

As I mentioned in a separate post, I'm guessing that the early test market of this concept is not going well--thus the delays in rolling this thing out. Ultimately, they're going to need the participation of existing owners, and those owners are not seeing the benefits, despite the best efforts of the sales weasels. The only alternative is to build new resorts for the HRP, but that is also both time-consuming and heavily capital intensive.

I'm guessing ILG is feeling the squeeze, and the synergies they were hoping to create when HRC and Starwood were acquired are not materializing.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may be right, but you're looking at things through the lens of current rules of use for HRC, Vistana Flex, and Westin resorts. I'm looking at it through a more strategic viewpoint of what ILG wants to do to create synergy with all of these highly-leveraged new toys they own--namely, the HRC system and the Vistana/Starwood system. Having these systems operate independently as they have while under the management aegis of their respective hotel chains might be nice, but the returns are not very exciting when you've incurred very large debt burdens in order to finance the acquisitions of those systems. And in order to "juice" the returns on investment, I am guessing that ILG management is wanting to create a new "super-option" called HRP which will allow those members (not HRC or Vistana owners, unless they convert and agree to a so-called "upgrade") to gain access to all of the resorts that ILG now owns.

As I mentioned in a separate post, I'm guessing that the early test market of this concept is not going well--thus the delays in rolling this thing out. Ultimately, they're going to need the participation of existing owners, and those owners are not seeing the benefits, despite the best efforts of the sales weasels. The only alternative is to build new resorts for the HRP, but that is also both time-consuming and heavily capital intensive.

I'm guessing ILG is feeling the squeeze, and the synergies they were hoping to create when HRC and Starwood were acquired are not materializing.

I think there's little doubt they're 'feeling the squeeze'. We had a similar concern a couple of years ago after ILG acquired Starwood (Westin/Sheraton) TSs. There was consternation over on the Vistana (then Starwood) forum that mandatory Starwood owners would be hurt by the new FLEX system. No effect so far (as I can tell), and I strongly suspect the same will be the case here. I think ILG will find ways to increase revenue by increasing II fees as well as new fees to convert to PPP on annual basis.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
In mid-spring the word on the street was the HRP (PPP) would be rolled out in "July" in Florida. So maybe we'll get something in writing in a couple of weeks? Of course, maybe that timeframe is being reprogramed too.:shrug:

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland

I specifically asked about Vistanna at our owners update as last year Pinon Pointe mentioned 7 new resorts many being Vistana. When I reminded them they said it never panned out but we could access them through interval. Because Marriott owns the hotel side there were too many issues coming up that he seemed doubtful that Vistanna resorts would be possible. for the new program